10 Best Portable Induction Hob Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
Tight spaces can make cooking difficult. Whether you live in a small apartment or bed sit or need an efficient cooking mechanism while you’re on the road, the portable induction hob is your best bet.
You can tuck it away when it’s not in use or use it to keep your food warm when entertaining friends. Take your culinary skills anywhere with the best portable induction hob.
Best Portable Induction Hobs On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best induction cooktop is the Portable Induction Cooktop By Jeroop. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
If you desire an elegant, compatible scratch-resistant unit for a wide variety of cooking tasks, you need to go for the Jeroop Portable Electric Induction Cooker. It comes with a Grade A polished surface that is waterproof and effortless to clean. You can easily control it with the sensor touch button control.
With 10 power heat settings between 200 watts and 2000 watts, you can regulate its operation for the best result. Also, it comes with 10 temperature options from 60 °C to 240 °C to guarantee maximum output at any time. It does not make so much noise during operation and it is compactly built for easy storage and service, plus the price is budget friendly. The only drawback is that it only works with cast iron pans, stainless-steel pans and enamel steel cooking utensils.
- You get 10 power heat settings between 200W to 2000W for optimum performance.
- The best induction cooktop has easy-to-wipe scratch resistant surface.
- LED screen and digital control for perfect management.
- 60 °C to 240 °C temperature range with 10 power settings.
- Heating zone of 20cm diameter for the best heating result.
- Can work with cast iron, stainless steel and enamel steel cooking utensils alone.
Second place goes to the Everyday Induction Cooktop By Tefal. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
If you were to read through any portable induction cooker review, the Tefal everyday induction hob IH201840 is likely to be one of the best-rated products on the market for its affordable price.
It’s a single heat zone induction cooktop with a wattage rating of 450W to 2100W. This variable wattage rating allows you to choose among 9 precise temperature power levels for preparing food.
Another feature that makes the Tefal everyday IH201840 one of the best models of movable electric hobs is its 6 pre-set cooking function for many types of cooking including manual, boil, simmer, keep warm, deep and stir fry. This portable ceramic hob has a 2 hours integrated timekeeper which gives you better regulation over the cooking process.
The great display panel set against the black colour body of the hob makes it effortless to make the necessary adjustments. This induction hob’s compatible ceramic plate is made from quality material that’s scratch-proof, heat-proof and effortless to wipe. The Tefal everyday IH201840 weighs around 2.3kg, and that is why you can manoeuvre it without much stress. All those reasons make it one of the best induction cooktops to buy currently.
- Lightweight, compact and sleek design makes the induction cooktop an excellent choice for apartments and travel
- High quality ceramic plate is no problem to wipe and highly durable
- Transfers temperature to the pan fast and with ease.
- Variable wattage rating including 6 pre-set functions make it effortless to boil, simmer and cook different food
- 2 hours time keeper gives you better management over the cooking process shutting off after the set time has elapsed
- The hob is easy to use and clean after cooking is done
- The lowest power level on the hob might be too high for some recipes like preparing rice
Third place goes to the Portable Ceramic Electric Cooking Hob By VonShef. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
This is one of the best induction cooktops available. The VonShef’s Twin Induction Hob can accommodate two utensils up to a diameter of 26cm. The popular hob works in the temperature range of 60 - 240 degree Celsius, hence it can be useful for a wide variety of recipes.
The hot plate is scratch-resistant, and that is why its maintenance is very elementary. The LED screen lets you take control of the hob with ease. The VonShef hob is a compact cooking solution to your mobile or small, limited living needs.
- Great compact size and ceramic surface
- Efficient heating system feature enables it to transfer power to a pot or a pan easily.
- Effortless and safe to use
- Great purchase any time
- Low heating cooking
Fourth place goes to the Portable Double Induction Hob By Aobosi. We gave it a four star rating.
The Aobosi Double Induction Hob is an ideal item for cooking, reheating and unfreezing various plates of dishes. It has a temperature range of 60 °C to 240 °C so that you get the best performance with these models. With a timer that can last for 180 minutes, you can save a lot of time that can be used for other household chores while cooking on a high note.
It comes with two cooking zones and its sleek design perfectly ensures that no room is wasted in your kitchen. You can carry it with ease and that is why you can use it on a camping van, caravan as well as other a bit smaller spaces. Its electricity efficiency is unique and can never be compared to conventional gas stoves and electric hob products.
With a touch button LED display, you can monitor the operation of this model for the most satisfactory result. It is effortless to use as you don’t need to click the touch button LED display many times before reaching max or minimum power. You only need to press the “max” or “min” function. You will love its polished glass-ceramic plate including the scratch-resistant cooking surface and that is why it is simple to use and wipe.
- 60 °C to 240 °C temperature range guarantees high performance.
- Adjustable touch clock for ease of use in your home.
- Can transfer heat easily to a pan or a pot.
- 2 independent controls for two cooking zones provide perfect results.
- One of the most compactly built kitchen appliances to save you space.
- Easy-to-clean scratch-resistant surface.
- Efficient to save you money on home electricity bills.
- Will not work with glass and pottery-type cookware.
Fifth place goes to the Table Top Double Induction Hob By Severin. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The Severin Table Top Double Induction Hob comes with a durable ceramic cooking surface with automatic pot detection. With a temperature range of 60 °C to 240 °C and 10 various power heat levels, you can be certain of maximum output at all times. It is effortless and quick to wipe, fast and saves you much energy.
You will adore its touch control panel as well as illuminated display for ease of use. Its great 180-minute timer is a plus and there is a buzzer as well as smart auto switch off making it possible for you to get the best from this model. Also, additional safety is guaranteed with a thermal safety cut out and it is not higher than 5cm for the easiest storage.
- You get 60 °C to 240 °C temperature range with 10 different levels of power.
- Transfers heat to the pan with ease.
- Large touch controls for the simplest monitoring and an auto pot detection.
- Slim design saves space and guarantees ease of use
- One of the most effortless to clean and energy-efficient.
- Thermal safety cut-out means this is a safe kitchen appliance.
- Users find that the highest power may use up too much electricity.
Our sixth pick is the Electric Induction Hot Plate By Voche. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The Voche Electric Induction Hob Hot Plate is a dynamic 2000-watt hot plate with an alluring toughened gloss black top with a really good price. Its new main feature is 10 power settings with a temperature scope of 60 °C to 240 °C, and it is efficient in order to save you money on electricity bills. It has a 180-minute timer which makes it simple for you to be in full control. With its overheat protection and child lock feature, you can be sure of extra safety while using it.
Also, its non-slip feet on the bottom, as well as the LED display, will amaze you and that is why the Voche Electric Induction Hob Hot Plate is an ideal product for your various cooking tasks. It has a lock function and its surface is very easy and quick to wipe. Installing this hot plate model is as easy as ABC and it can accommodate pots and pans with a size range of 16cm to 26cm.
- With it you get 60 °C to 240 °C temperature range with 10 power settings.
- Easily transfers the heat to a pan or pot.
- Touch control panel guarantees the simplest monitoring with child lock function.
- Toughened black top for optimum results.
- Great overheat protection mechanism for extra safety and a child lock safety mechanism.
- Easy to clean and electricity efficient.
- It can accomodate a pot or a pan with width of up to 26cm
- Can work with pots and pans with ferrous metal base.
Seventh place goes to the Induction Cooking Plate By Kitchen Crew. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The Kitchen Crew Portable Hot Plate is a black induction hob produced with polished glass-ceramic for high performance. It has a temperature range of 60 ℃ to 240 ℃ making it possible for you to handle various cooking tasks. With an LED display as well as touch sensors, you can monitor the progress of your activities without much hassle for a recommended price.
What’s more, you can maintain perfect cooking times this product, thanks to its 180-minute clock. You will love how it features specifications like scratch-resistant surface making it easy to clean. It comes with a single cooking zone while its new induction technology guarantees efficient heat transfer. It even has a maximum output of 2000 watts heating up your dishes as fast as possible. It does have one bad side - it beeps loudly when you lift the pot or pan off.
- You get 60 °C to 240 °C temperature range for optimum performance.
- Transfers heat to the pan with ease.
- Slim black design for space-saving and effortless handling.
- LED display and digital panel for perfect management with instructions.
- 180-minute timer for ease of use.
- Easy-to-clean scratch resistant surface.
- Beeps loudly when lifting the pots and pans off.
Eighth place goes to the Double Induction Hob By Stellar. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating.
The Stellar double induction cooktop comes fitted with two hot zones to enable you to boil water or cook two family meals simultaneously. The plate is made from thick glass that’s scratch resistant and breakproof. The plate is also designed such that spills don’t bake and care is as simple as wiping with a damp cloth. It’s a 3100W induction hob with 8 temperature settings for cooking different types of recipes. The 8 power settings range between 80 and 220 degrees centigrade.
The Stellar 'plug in and go' hob also features a 99-minute timer which allows you to set the induction cooking time. Although it’s one of the best models of movable cookers to get, the stellar double induction hob can also be easily converted into a built-in induction hob. It weighs 5 kg and comes in a black finish. Each induction hob even comes with a 2-year electrical domestic money back warranty.
READ NEXT: The most highly sought after induction pans
- Large double hot zones enable cooking two meals simultaneously
- Versatile induction hob can be easily converted into a built-in unit
- Different power levels for any food
- High wattage rating offers a wide temperature range to cook and fry(even stir fry) different types of recipes
- This induction cooktop model is easy to use, wipe and maintain
- Manufacturers add a 2-year warranty
- We could not see any
Ninth place goes to the Glass Induction Hob By Stellar. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price ranges and take a close look at the details on the links below.
The Stellar Glass Induction hob is a single zone portable electric hob. The hob is well built for on-demand cooking on a high note. It’s rated at 2000 watts which allows it to ready your induction cookware super fast. It also comes with 8 temperature levels of power which make it effortless to boil, simmer or cook different types of food. The plate is made from high-quality scratch proof and heat-proof ceramic.
The ceramic surface area is also quite effortless to clean. The Stellar induction hob has a front LED display control panel which enables easy setting of power, cooking temperature and time. The smooth touch buttons make it simple to make accurate settings. This popular model electric hob weighs 3.1kg.
READ NEXT: The best water softener you can buy
- Variable setting temperature levels of power allow you to cook different types of recipes
- Evenly transfers heat from the cooking area to the pan
- Attractive, lightweight and sturdy design makes an excellent addition to any kitchen - its weight is 3.1kg
- This induction cooktop controls are easy to use
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- This device has good cost to value ratio
- This one can easily turn into safe mode when the cooling system detects very high cooking temperatures. This makes it difficult and time consuming to prepare certain large meals which require high temperatures.
Tenth place goes to the Portable Induction Hob By Judge. We gave it a 3/5 star rating.
The judge induction hob has a single heat zone and comes in a compact 2.9 kg body. As one of the better rated handy induction cooktops, its 1800 watt coil offers fast heating time. The high wattage is complemented by 10 temperature power levels ranging from 60 to 240 degrees centigrade. This allows you to boil water and cook a variety of recipes with a single hob.
The plate is made from high-quality scratch-proof glass. This high-quality material is also built so that spills won’t bake and are simple to clean off. The judge 'plug in and go' cooker has a built-in control panel that makes it effortless to set cooking temperature as well as desired cooking time via the clock control. This handy induction hob is A+ energy efficiency rated and comes with a 2-year electrical domestic warranty.
READ NEXT: Top rated sous vide machine reviews
- Lightweight, compact and attractive design makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor kitchens
- 10 temperature power options enable you to boil water and help you cook different types of recipes
- The built-in panel feature makes it simple to set your desired cooking temperature and duration
- This halogen model is easy to use, keep clean and maintained
- Transfers heat to the pan faster than its competitors.
- The plastic body might easily start to get cracked after repeated use, so it may not be the right for you if you are in search for durability.
A Mini Guide To Portable Induction Cooking
The portable induction hob is a type of cooking appliance that utilizes a magnetic field to create heat energy which is transferred to the food through special induction pans. It is portable like a mini oven or halogen oven.
We will offer guidance into buying a portable induction hob, and ensure that you get value for your money.
What You Need To Know
Induction cooking uses an electromagnetic current to create energy. The induction hob design includes a copper coil through which an electric current runs. As the current runs through the copper coil, an electromagnetic field is created.
Above the coil is a plate made from non-ferrous material. This is usually thick glass or ceramic. This is what’s commonly referred to as the heat zone.
The reason why non-ferrous material is preferred over ferrous material is that the former won’t heat up when an electromagnetic field is applied to it, while the latter heats up.
Those materials are preferred due to their inability to conduct heat which ensures that they remain cool even during boiling water and cooking or frying. Glass and ceramic are also preferred due to their attractive and inexpensive nature.
When the electromagnetic field passes through the hot zone and onto a ferrous metal, like stainless steel, it generates heat. This action is similar to that seen in transformers. Therefore, saucepans used to cook on induction magnetic burners need to contain bases or surfaces made from a ferrous material like cast iron, steel or even stainless steel.
Induction Hobs Vs Gas And Electric Hobs
The significant difference between induction magnetic burners and their electric and gas counterparts is how heat is transferred onto the cooking surface.
Induction cooktops are kitchen appliances that transfer high temperature directly while the other two transfer temperature indirectly.
This means that induction hobs are better at temperature conservation since a bit of heat is lost before it gets to the cookware’s surface.
Some of the advantages of investing in induction cookers over buying an electric or gas hob add the following:
Though they are considered the best option compared to electric and gas hobs, induction cooktops are usually more expensive kitchen appliances. However, with the items rise in popularity and many companies opting to manufacture induction magnetic hobs, the price is still not cheap, but it has been falling over recent years.
Types And Styles Of Induction Hobs
Induction cooktops are divided into three main types. This is based on the style of their design.
Freestanding slide-in induction hobs
These are products of large dimensions that usually consist of induction magnetic hobs over ovens. They’re made to fit in between your kitchen counters. They typically have two or more induction zones or a combination of both induction and electric hob heat zones. They usually come with numerous brilliant features and are the most expensive type.
Built-in induction hobs
These usually have multiple cooking zones and are installed to look like their part of your kitchen countertop. Their suitability largely depends on how much countertop room you have and where you want them fixed. In many instances, built-in induction burners are just portable types that are set in a countertop.
Portable induction hobs
These are highly movable products that offer power, convenience and versatility. They usually consist of a one cooking zone and add a wide variety of standard features. This guide and review will focus on the best models of handy induction burners.
What To Consider Before Buying A Portable Induction Hob
Top plate material
Induction hobs come with a top plate that’s made from a non-magnetic material with low temperature conductivity. This is usually glass or ceramic. The type of material used to make the hot plate and its thickness would affect the performance of the induction pot in many ways. These include:
The best models of portable burners have a high watt rating within the range of 2000W to 5000W. A higher watt rating gives you a full range of heating power levels for cooking and frying different types of food on the menu. While still considering the evaluation, the induction hob should also be energy efficient and have some form of electoral protection mechanism to protect against accidents.
You’ll be using induction pots and pans with different base diameters. The zone size should, therefore, be large enough to ensure that it covers the entire base of your induction pans to provide even heating. A portable cooking hob features a single or double zone. A double heat zone hob is the better choice if you want to use it as your primary cooking hob.
The best movable induction burner includes controls like a timer, precise temperature control, pre-set boil and cooking functions and temperature warning.