Induction cooking is fast becoming the preferred alternative to gas and electric cooking. It uses magnetic fields to directly heat the cookware. This is unlike gas and electricity which heat the cookware indirectly. To cook on an induction cooker you cannot use any old cookware, they need to be made from specific material. Below we have reviewed a selection of these specialised induction hob pans, so you can be sure that you will be buying the correct cookware.
Overview Of The 6 Best Induction Saucepan Sets For Cooking In 2017
The 6 Best Induction Pans Reviewed
This 5 piece induction saucepan set includes a milk pan, 3 saucepans and a frying pan. The set also includes tempered glass lids with vents. Each pan has riveted silicone handles. The Russell Hobbs fusion 5 saucepan set is made using mirror polished stainless steel. Besides induction hobs, the pans can also be used on gas, electric, ceramic, halogen and solid hot plate hobs.
- 5 piece set for cooking different types of recipes
- Stainless steel pans are lightweight and durable
- Versatile cookware set can be used on a variety of heat sources
- The set isn’t dishwasher safe
This is a 5 piece induction cookware set that’s made from an aluminium core with stainless steel base and 6 layer non-stick glass pro-metal coating. The set includes two frying pans and three saucepans with glass lids. The aluminium core enables even heat distribution while the stainless steel base makes it induction hob compatible. Each pan in the set also includes a riveted silicone handle. The frying pans include Thermospot technology which indicates optimum cooking temperature. The cookware set is also dishwasher safe.
- Non-stick, scratch resistant coating makes the pans durable and easy to clean
- Even heat distribution enabled by heavy duty aluminium core
- Versatile cookware set that can be used on different heat sources
- Dishwasher safe
- The outer coating tends to scratch when placed on rough surfaces
If you’re looking for a complete set of induction cookware, the Karcher Jasmine 121008 20 piece cookware set is worth considering. The set is made from high quality polished stainless steel and includes a roasting pot, saucepan and bowls with lids. The set is dishwasher safe and can be used on a variety of hobs including electric. The cookware comes with welded handles which ensures they never come loose with repeated use.
- Versatile cookware can be used on different types of heat sources
- Strong stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe
- 20 piece cookware set can be used for cooking and lidded bowls can be used to store food
- Welded handles conduct heat and can scorch hands
The Morphy Richards equip 8 piece pan set is one of the best saucepans for induction cooking for a number of reasons. It consists of 8 pieces that will handle most of your cooking needs. The set is made from high quality polished stainless steel. It includes three saucepans, milk pan, frying pan and two steamer inserts. It also includes tempered glass leads with steam vents. The pans include Thermocore technology which enables even heat distribution minimising burning food and hot spots. The pans also come with double pouring spouts for easy pouring of sauces, soups and gravies. They’re dishwasher safe and come with riveted phenolic stay cool handles.
- 8 piece stainless steel set handles different cooking needs
- Built in aluminium Thermocore technology ensures even heat distribution
- Versatile set cooks on different heat sources
- It’s dishwasher safe
- The lid handles tend to get loose and leak steam when cooking
The Tower T80303 is one of the best rated induction cookware sets on the market today. It consists of a 5 piece set that includes three saucepans and two frying pans. The cookware is made from an aluminium core and stainless steel base. It’s then coated with the non-stick highly durable Cerasure graphite. Each of the pans includes stay cool handles. The saucepans also come with tempered glass lids.
- Lightweight versatile cookware set cooks on induction hobs and other heat sources
- Cerasure coating is non-stick and easy to clean
- Suitable for low fat cooking thanks to the Cerasure graphite coating
- Aluminium core ensures even heat distribution when cooking
- They’re quite light and not very efficient on induction hobs
Karcher is one of the best induction cookware brands. Their Jette 14 piece stainless steel set includes stewing pots, a saucepan, milk pan, sizzler dish, frying pan and steamer insert. It also includes 5 heat resistant lids. The pans and pots are oven safe to temperatures up to 260 degrees. In addition, they have clear litre measurement markings and pouring spouts. The frying pan and serving pan are non-stick coated. The bases of the pans feature encapsulated sandwich design which enables even heat distribution and retention which makes cooking easier.
- 14 piece stainless steel set handles different cooking needs
- Versatile induction cookware set will cook on different heat sources
- Dishwasher safe
- Welded handles conduct heat and need extra care when handling
When buying the cookware for induction stove cooking, a set with more pieces is usually the best. It’s cheaper and increases chances of getting a particularly good and durable set. That’s why our top pick among the five sets reviewed is the Karcher Jasmine 121008 20-Piece Cookware Set. The set is quite affordable and includes pieces for both cooking and storing food. You can view the product here.
A Mini Guide To Induction Cooking vs Electric And Gas
Induction cooking has several advantages over electric and gas cooking:
- More efficient at conserving heat energy since it heats the pan directly
- Better temperature control
- Hob is easier to clean after cooking since it doesn’t heat up a lot
- Attractive hob designs
Why Do You Need The Best Induction Pans For Induction Cooking?
Since induction cooking involves use of a magnetic field to create heat energy, you’ll need a special type of cooking pan. The pan is very likely to be made from a ferromagnetic material such as cast iron or stainless steel. However, you can also find induction pans made from different materials.
What Are The Best Induction Cookware Styles
Induction cookware must contain ferrous metal. In addition, it must have a flat base to maximise the contact surface between the hob and the pan. The major styles of induction cookware include:
- Cast iron
- Stainless steel
- Glass, ceramic, copper, aluminium with a base containing ferrous metal
What To Consider When Buying The Best Saucepans For Induction Cooking
Type of cooking
If you prefer slow cooking over fast cooking, heavier cast iron saucepans are the best choice. They heat up slower and are able to retain heat once they heat up.
Number of saucepans you need
The best saucepans for induction cooking are sold in sets. If you want to cook different types of recipes, a complete set of at least 5 different size pans will be ideal.
Induction cookware is made using a variety of materials. Cast iron is considered the best since its heavy and very durable. However, it’s the most expensive type. Steel or other non-ferrous materials with a steel or iron base are cheaper alternatives. The material used in making the induction saucepan will also determine how easy it is to clean. It also determines whether the saucepan can be used on a different heat source such as gas and electricity.
The Best Portable Induction Hobs In 2017 Reviewed
Common Problems Of Induction Hobs
The Suitability Of Cast Iron Pans On An Induction Hob
Is Induction Cooking Better For The Environment?
Why Should I Get a Portable Induction Hob?
How Induction Hobs Save You Money
How Easy Is It To Clean Induction Hobs?
Hobs: Induction vs. Gas, Which Is Better?
Are Induction Hobs Noisy?
Are Induction Hobs Safe?