5 Best Electric Toothbrush Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
Oral health is extremely important, and one of the best ways to achieve squeaky clean white teeth and trouble-free gums, is by using an electric toothbrush.
With a wide range of toothbrushes from big brands and lesser known companies, choosing the right one can be an uphill task. We’ve narrowed down the best electric toothbrush to help you smile better.
Best Electric Toothbrushes On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best electric toothbrush you can get is the Electric Toothbrush With UV Sanitizer By Bestek. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
The Iselector rechargeable electric toothbrush is one of the best electric toothbrush models available on the market. It’s a sonic electric brush that’s capable of producing up to 48000 bristle strokes per minute. This model has 3 operating modes for efficient plaque removal from hard to reach places as well as gum and mouth cleaning.
A built-in UV sanitizer helps to kill bacteria on the brush head. It also comes with a 2-minute timer and a high-quality battery that lasts up to 180 minutes before you need to recharge. Each Iselector sonic electric toothbrush actually comes inclusive of four brush heads and 12 months warranty.
- Four brush heads included making it a good option for families of if you don’t want to buy new brush heads for at least one year
- 180 minutes battery life allows you to use this unit for at least 6 weeks
- Genius looking charger and the technology would allow you to save water
- UV sanitizer will kill bacteria on the brush
- The 3 brushing modes allows you to customise the toothbrush and maximise comfort
- You need to always remove the brush head when you wish to sanitise it
Second best unit you can get is the Electric Toothbrush By Oral-B. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The latest Oral-B Vitality CrossAction electric toothbrush has a three-action brush that pulsates, oscillates and rotates to offer efficient plaque removal. It can provide up to 7600 rotations per minute lifting plaque off teeth more effectively than a manual brush.
It is already one of the best cheap units you can get that has a handle that can even fit different brush heads. This also makes it a good choice for couples or even small families. A fully-charged battery offers approximately 7 days of brushing.
- A lot of people like the budget friendly price of this unit
- Easy to use and clean, really worth the money
- Versatile toothbrush whose handle will accept many rotating and oscillating brush models
- 3 brushing actions makes stain removal fast and easy at all times for good oral hygiene
- It may take many hours to fully charge the battery and very few days to drain it
Third selected unit on our site is the Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush By Oral-B. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
If you’re looking for the best affordable electric toothbrush, the Oral-B Pro 2500 is a good choice. This toothbrush has a CrossAction brush that offers 3d action (oscillates, rotates and pulsates) for effective results.
Each bristle is specially angled for easy teeth plaque removal while remaining gentle on gums. This electric toothbrush has a 2-minute timer, four operating modes and is compatible with 6 different Oral-B Genius brush heads. Dentists also like that it is easy to clean and comes with a 2-pin plug and a limited edition free travel case.
READ NEXT: Top rated foot spa reviews
- This best value unit has a cross action brush that provides great results every day
- Children love its style, pink and black colours. You will love the prices
- Versatile device that is compatible with up to 6 different Oral-B brush designs and great for travel
- Easy to set to suit your brushing needs like gum massage and regular brushing
- Easy to use deep clean for perfect mouth and tongue related hygiene
- Oral-B app starts the 2 minute timer when you start cleaning your teeth
- The battery may take up to 22 hours to charge every time
Fourth best unit you can get is the Five Cleaning Modes Electric Toothbrush By Oral-B. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
One of the most popular Oral-B electric toothbrushes, the Pro 6000 series, comes with a lot of useful features. The smart unit has Bluetooth connectivity which enables it to connect to the smartphone Oral-B app, that provides real time brushing guidance. The brush has diamond-shaped bristles which are set at 16-degree angles - much more effective than a manual toothbrush.
This smart unit cleans using three actions (oscillation, pulsation and rotation) to ensure that all stains are removed from your teeth. The Oral-B Pro 6000 electric toothbrush has 5 different cleaning modes which include whitening, gum care and deep cleaning. Plus, other features include a two minutes timer (4 periods every 30 seconds) and pressure sensor.
- 5 operation modes allows you to use the brush for a variety of oral care tasks
- The phone app Bluetooth connectivity enables you to keep track of and send brushing progress to dentist for review with the app
- 3 actions remove plaque up to 100X more compared to manual brush
- Pressure sensor signals the app when you brush hard and with too much pressure
- Not only does it look smart, but it has a very affordable price.
- Great speed and looks good, it will make the kids love it.
- Includes a travel case.
- The pro 6000 may not accept different brush heads, nothing like earlier oral-b models
Fifth best electric toothbrush you can get is the Two Modes Electric Toothbrush By Philips. We gave it a 4/5 star rating. You can take a close look at the cost and see detailed information on the links below.
The Philips Sonicare is one of the best electric toothbrush models you can get. This toothbrush promises to deliver whiter teeth within 7 days. This unit has a brush head with diamond-shaped bristle which will offer much better performance compared to standard ones. The brush operates in sonic mode. The HX8911/04 Sonicare tooth brush has two operating modes, clean and white.
It also has three power level settings that let you choose the best operation mode and maximise comfort in every way possible. This makes it one of the best electric toothbrushes for braces and sensitive mouth and teeth. The Philips Sonicare HX8911/04 comes with a built-in two-minute timer. Its battery provides more than two weeks of brushing without need for recharge is including a 2-pin plug. Even though it is not so easy to use, it got things done and it was comfortable.
READ NEXT: The best heated rollers you can buy
- We think you will like the great battery life that makes it a good travel companion along with a good enough toothpaste
- Two operation modes and three operation settings make it a versatile electric toothbrush for cleaning and whitening teeth
- The Philips Sonicare technology cleans all tooth surfaces and will follow gum line, making teeth whiter in very little time
- Philips company offers a 24 month exchange and repair warranty on the sonic toothbrush, but you won't need it because it works well
- Travel case is not included.
- According to many people, they don't like that switching between clean and white is a bit complicated. You’re required to press the clean or white mode button twice to change to it (we tried hard to find something wrong with it, but this is all we could find).
Electric Toothbrushes Buying Guide
A bathroom extractor fan is a must-have for any home. It clears fog from your electric shower on your mirror; this makes it easier to use your electric shaver or lady shaver. It also ensures that you have a clear view of your bathroom scales. It gets rid of moisture, which could encourage the growth of moulds in an uncovered electric toothbrush.
Besides keeping your brush dry and practicing proper maintenance, there are factors you should consider when buying your electric toothbrush to ensure that it lasts. Here is a guide.
Electric toothbrushes and their uses
Electric toothbrushes are powered by a built-in motor which runs the toothbrush’s bristles to make oscillating, rotating or both oscillating and rotating motions. Each bristle moves at ultra-high speeds removing plaque from tooth surfaces. Due to the unique design of the electric toothbrush head and its bristles, these toothbrushes are more effective at removing dental problems than a traditional manual brush. These toothbrushes impact positively to the dental health of individuals and give your mouth a great feeling.
Different types of electric toothbrushes
These devices fall under two broad categories, battery operated or rechargeable. Battery operated units are usually smaller and less expensive to buy. Under these two broad categories are smaller subcategories which can be broken down based on the head design and bristle movement while brushing. They include the following:
The bristles on these types of units clean teeth in a spinning motion.
The electric units under this category usually come with a round head. The head rotates in one direction before stopping and oscillating in the opposite direction continuously.
This type of electric toothbrush has bristles which spin in opposite directions. That is, if a bristle tuft is rotating clockwise, the tufts adjacent to it will rotate anti-clockwise.
This type of electric toothbrush has oscillating or rotating motion as well as back and forth motion.
Sonic and ultrasonic
These types of electric brushes vibrate at certain frequencies and speeds helping to dislodge plaque from teeth.
Side to side
These types have toothbrush heads which move side to side rather than rotate.
This type of electric toothbrush combines rotating and side to side brush heads.
What To Consider Before Buying The Best Affordable Electric Toothbrush
The battery is an important component of any electric toothbrush.
The consideration to make with regard to the battery is how long it will last before need of recharge or replacement. Some of these toothbrushes have USB charging ports while others have a 2 pin charging plug wire.
Another consideration you’ll need to make is recharge time and the type and quality of battery needed to run your electric toothbrush.
The brush head
Your electric toothbrush’s head needs to be replaced every once in a while. You should, therefore, consider certain factors like the brush head type and designs your toothbrush accepts and how long it takes before having to replace the brush head. Our advice - search for the toothbrushes that have soft bristles and gentle on the teeth and gums although you should also avoid brushing too hard. When you brush too rough, you might tend to damage your gum if you have sensitive teeth and gums.
Other features you’ll need to take into consideration before getting a new electric toothbrush include built in timers, pressure sensors, handle design and price.