6 Best Electric Carving Knife Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
If you are looking for a review of all the best electric carving knives in the UK, you have found the right place.
We review all the latest and best electric carving knife models on the market, to give you peace of mind that you will be choosing the right product for your home.
Best Electric Carving Knives On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best electric carving knife is the Electric Knife By Russell Hobbs. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
The Russell Hobbs Electric Knife is a low cost, popular model of an electric knife. It is your perfect choice for slicing bread, carving meat and cutting through frozen food and maybe even bones. This knife has a motor power rating of 120 Watts and comes with a neatly wrapped cord. You will love its blades which can be detached for cleaning.
With its comfortable grip and intuitive thumb-tip control button, you can be sure of convenience with this product. This knife weighs just 880 grams and that is why it is very easy to manoeuvre. It has a safety mechanism which enhances easy removal of the blade so there is no risk for children. With its durable blades, you can be sure of high performance at all times. This product has only the best recommendations from user reviews.
READ NEXT: Top rated induction pan reviews
- Best electric knife features serrated, detachable blades
- Our pick no. one is from a trusted, reputed brand that is user oriented.
- Quality material of the blades is great as well as 120W motor
- There is a manufacturer’s guarantee on purchase of this high power budget product.
- It has a comfort grip and amazing steel blades that will do the work and be easy to control and balance while cutting.
- Different set of blades is not included.
Place number two goes to the Electric Knife with Twin Blades By Tower. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price point, discounts and details on the Amazon site link below.
The Tower Electric Knife is specially designed by one of the best brands to give you the best result when it comes to cutting frozen food, carving meat, slicing bread, roast beef and so on. It is easy to operate and comes with power buttons for ease of operation. You will love the two stainless steel blades and its ergonomic handle which makes its operation a piece of cake for anyone. Its powerful 180 W motor produces results quickly and efficiently and it has a well made power cord.
This knife also has two stainless steel serrated blades which are detachable so that cleaning it can be easy. With its safety switch, you can be sure of maximum protection during use. Its set of blades is dishwater safer and that is why it can be cleaned without stress.
- Features two stainless steel blades so it slices everything easily with its great length, regardless of the thickness
- Powerful 180 W motor produces results quickly and efficiently as well as a cord made from quality materials
- Our pick no. two comes with a three year warranty for body part and the set of two blades
- It has the best ergonomic design with purpose of making your carving process work easier.
- Material quality of the dishwasher safe stainless steel blades is amazing.
- This two blades knife design is made to handle cutting all meats, even frozen meat. This home knife comes at a good price.
- Some users report that the unit becomes very hot with normal usage, unlike others.
- Customers don't like there are no additional blades or attachments included in the purchase.
Third place goes to the 180 Watt Motor Electric Knife By Quest. We gave this one a 3.5/5 star rating.
This electric serrated carving knife will make your life in the kitchen easier. It perfectly cuts your turkey, cooked meat, bread, hot crusty vegetables and other food to make a perfect sandwich for your loved one or self. This device comes with 2 stainless steel blades so that precise and easy cutting can be achieved.
The blades are removable, dishwater safe, serrated and measure 18.5cm. There is one safety on/off button and a blade release buttons function for simple operations. This knife weighs 880 grams and measures 27.6 x 11.6 x 9 cm guaranteeing easy manoeuvre as well as storage. Included in the blade package is a plastic storage pouch which makes storage a stroll in the park.
Besides great blades, this knife has a comfortable handle which will make it easier for you to operate. You will love its quiet operation which enhances convenience for you and your household. However, the 1.15m cord limits portability.
- It is simply the best to use with high quality blades.
- It has rising popularity because it features safety on/off button and a blade release button
- Dishwasher safe stainless steel blades for easy cleaning
- The high power Quest electric serrated knife is easy to clean, ensuring your food remains uncontaminated.
- These kitchen gadgets can handle almost all types of meats, food, breads, vegetables, fruit, etc, and also enable easy cleaning
- The material on the blades is stainless steel making them reliable and strong to do the work you need in the best way.
- Unlike other ones, it has a 1.15m electric cord, which limits portability. Not the ideal feature for the best electric knives with stainless steel blades.
Fourth best electric knife is the 150 Watt Motor Electric Knife By Wahl James Martin. We gave this one a 3/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price and information on the Amazon pages below.
In case you are looking to get an electric knife that enables you to carve meat like a professional, the Wahl James Martin is the perfect solution. It is a multi-purpose electric knife that can be used to slice bread, carve Sunday roast meat and also slice through frozen food. This knife uses 150 watts motor which is powerful enough to go through tough meals with ease and safely. You can use this electric knife on your poultry and roasts.
The electric knife comes with a detachable handle made with rubber to provide total comfort when holding. You also get total control when you start slicing meat. When you want to remove the handle for cleaning, there is a safety mechanism for blade removal. It has dishwasher parts to easily clean it. In addition, the blade on this electric knife offers reliable cutting performance because it is made from stainless steel which maintains its sharpness so you have no need for a knife sharpener.
READ NEXT: The best mini fridge you can buy
- Powerful option, multifunctional, ergonomic handle
- Features durable stainless steel blades
- Finger safe and easy to use in a best way
- Features standard blade for roasts, poultry and general cutting and carving, coarse blades
- The best cutting performance and reliability as well as long enough cord.
- No need for sharpening the dishwasher safe blades
- The great blade cuts loaves of bread, block of cheese, ham, fish meat, chicken bone, turkey and other poultry, vegetables, even tougher skin or crust. Practicly does great job on anything
- This kitchen power tool has amazing style and quality blades that enabler easy cutting as well as cleaning
- It requires effort and force to go through frozen food because it doesn't have enough power
Our pick no. five is the Electric Sharp Bladed Knife By Judge. We gave this one a 3/5 star rating.
The Judge Electric Carving Knife is reasonably affordable and available in the colour white. This corded model has a 150 Watt motor and a sharp, universal blade. The 780-gram appliance is ergonomically designed.
It is simple to operate with buttons for power and blade safety lock trigger. You will love its handle which makes it convenient for use. This dishwasher safe blade comes with a powerful motor which enables you to slice through your frozen or cooked meat quickly. Besides meat, this one slices through other food like bread with its blades.
- High-quality material of the blades means this knife can handle almost anything. Slices like butter any kind of vegetables, meats, turkey and chicken skin, etc.
- Ergonomic design with cord is the reason why this thing is so comfortable to use unlike other ones with cords.
- It is one of the more powerful motors readers can find on our list and provides good value for money.
- Features one button blade release and easy to clean, dishwasher safe removable blades.
- Chefs, cooks and professionals say it is a great idea to buy this premium unit.
- There is no stated manufacturer’s guarantee for this hand held power knife. The cord length might also be a problem.
Sixth of our top 6 picks is the Electric Serrated Knife By Geepas. We gave this one a 3/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price deals and more information on the Amazon page links below.
A dull knife doubles the effort required for any task. This Geepas electric carving knife is energy efficient, hassle free and quick to carve through bread and meat. It comes with a 150 W motor, great blades and a design that will slice through your cooked or frozen food and meats like lamb or pork quickly. This handy product features high-quality, stainless steel blades that maintain their sharpness, even when used daily.
A comfortable, plastic handle will make sure that you have full control of the blade as you cut guaranteeing maximum safety so you don't hurt yourself accidentally. This blade comes with a safety device for blade removal so your fingers are nothing but safe. It is easy to operate and will turn on at the press of a button. In fact, you will love its ability and compactness with a weight of 721grams and dimensions of 30.7 x 5 x 7 cm.
- It is a standard efficient tool that makes slicing an easy process with its high power. Everyone in your family will like it.
- Power motor means this blade can work through anything. Cutting bread, meats, fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Lightweight design with a comfortable grip and amazing blades precision that will make your work effortless.
- Includes a safety blade removal mechanism for in order to enable easy cleaning of this hand held knife.
- Eye catching material quality of the blades is the best on the market. You don't need a special cutting technique or carving skills, just confidence in this knife.
- The blade safety release button is not conveniently located on the side.
- The cord is so short that you need to hold the cord away from the cutting board in most cases
A Guide To Electric Carving Knives
You should consider adding an electric carving knife to your kitchen appliances.
An electric carving knife will easily cut your meat into pieces small enough to get heat through. You can use a meat thermometer to prove how fast the internal temperatures of the meat rise when they are in smaller pieces.
When your bagel slicer is unavailable, you can use an electric knife sharpener to make your carving knife sharp enough to slice your bagels. The sharp carving knife can also slice bread from your bread maker for use in the toaster. Here is a guide to making this necessary addition to your kitchen.
Electric Carving Knives and Their Uses
Popularised in the 1970s, electric knives still hold a place in kitchens today. More so, current models are more precise, neater, and more versatile.
Outside of home use, they can quickly and effectively slice food for which you’d normally require a bit larger knife and a carving fork. This makes them well-suited for parties, restaurants, catering, and any setting where time and presentation are important. These kitchen products create neat, even slices quickly to save you time and effort on these tasks. This fast-motion video shows you an electric carving knife with good blades in action.
Most (non heavy duty) kitchen electric knives are composed of two blades that work together in a sawing motion. They’re electrically powered, cordless varieties would run on batteries or a rechargeable lithium ion battery pack that have decent battery life. Some models offer the capability to have both corded and cordless electric knife usage. This (non heavy duty) knife eliminates the need for manual cutting, which without a sharp, capable knife and some degree of talent, is a formidable task.
The application of these products doesn’t end at the food. Hobbyists also use them to cut through non-food items such as foam rubber and thin wood. Bakers can easily cut custom-sized dowels with an electric knife to be used to stabilise tiered cakes. Further, wood-workers will find that electric kitchen knives cut through lightweight wood commonly used for small models and wooden toys.
You can use an electric knife to cut the foam to size for various items of upholstered furniture. Acoustic-tiles used to sound-proof rooms can similarly be cut to the appropriate dimensions. Some users find them useful for floral foam for decorations, pillow stuffing, and insulation modification.
Electric type carving knives are strong enough to cut through thin PVC pipes and can help you quickly break down cardboard boxes for disposal or recycling. To clean them, you can remove the knives and wash with warm soap and water. Replacement blades are available to make sure that you’ll always be cutting properly. Compared with high-quality knives with sharp blades, electric knives can be cheaper (and more effective) than using traditional kitchen knives because of the blades and energy efficiency.
They also can be safer when trying to cut hardy and slippery foods. Despite their usefulness, electric knives aren’t made to be the only knives in your kitchen, rather they’re an affordable tool to get through difficult cutting jobs. Those products are useful, but they can be a godsend for users who have limited hand and wrist pain.
People who have arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome-type disorders, and injuries may find that their hands and wrists are less taxed by the automation of an electric carving knife, which eliminates the need for painful repetitive motions. Of course, one must weigh the benefits with the tendency of the electric knife to vibrate slightly coupled with the greater physical weight of the appliance in comparison to the weight of traditional knives.
What to Consider
Before shopping for an electric carving knife, you should review the various options/features available with respect to your needs. To do this, you should consider the category factor and what uses you may have for the electric knife.
There are many things to consider. Do you eat a lot of meat that require frequent carving? Will you be using the appliance for non food items? Will you be using the knife away from home and away from a power source? Do you prefer a smaller, light knife or a large one?
Electric knives come in corded and cordless varieties. Obviously, corded models are things that are bound to stay close to an electric outlet. The freedom of cutting in any location may drive you towards opting for a cordless carving knife variety, however, you will be sacrificing some power because of the batteries, so ther is a trade-off.
Additionally, a corded version is ready to use without the need for prior preparation. Alternatively, a cordless electric carving knife requires that you charge the knife for a set period of time before operating. Many people fail to anticipate this and do not have a working electric knife when required.
Most electric carving knives come standard with a blade for cutting meats. To get the most use out of this kitchen appliance, you may want to seek out a model that includes an additional bread knife. These are not interchangeable, you would want to use the meat blade for tougher items and the bread blade for softer items that are prone to collapsing under pressure.
In case you want both, seek out the blade specification. Beware that some models will include one blade, and charge extra for the inclusion of alternate blades. Some electric slicing knife sets also come with wooden storage case blocks. You should ascertain that the blades of the knife are removable and easy to clean.
When shopping for an electric slicing knife with good blades, it is common to look at the blade specifications and features of blades and make a decision without giving consideration to the handle. This is a mistake. After some time using it, your hand will feel the difference between a good quality comfortable design and a poorly-designed, awkward to handle. So, though blade quality is important, and you need great blades, consider the handle, please.
Further, how one bread knife sits in your hand can determine how bothersome or tolerable the knife’s vibration is perceived on your hand and wrist. A badly-contoured electric knife can be a literal pain for its user. Look for a lightweight unit with limited vibrations in case this is a concern. Security is undoubtedly a concern for both manufacturers and users of electric knives.
Most, if not all, of the reviewed electric knives, caution against the operation of the knife for anyone under the age of 18. Further, manufacturers have purposefully outfitted their excellent electric knives with a variety of safety mechanisms. From sheaths to protected on/off controls, these safety features promote safe, controlled work use of the best electric knives. However, this can also make the knife more difficult and awkward to use. Therefore, you must weigh the value of extra precaution with personal ease of use.