10 Best TV Wall Mount Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
Unlike traditional TVs that are self-supported, today’s TV’s screens need a little help staying upright. And for most of us mounting them on a wall is the way to go.
Wall mounts save usable space, keep the TV out of children’s reach and allows you to rotate the screen for better viewing. If you’re in the market for one, check out our review of the best TV wall mounts.
Best TV Wall Mounts On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best tv wall mount is the Low Profile Fixed TV Wall Mount By Echogear. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
If what you’re looking for is the premium fixed TV mounting with no need for tilt and swivel, this is the best TV wall mount for you. And because it doesn’t need to move, it remains invisible on the wall creating the illusion that your TV is miraculously levitating to the amazement of everyone.
This fixed mount goes well with a broader span of VESA designs and is compatible with virtually all TV brands. This foxed home mount is made of 100% high-grade tested steel. It comes with spacers, bolts and washers and a click-lock security system. The two wall studs needed would depend on your wall.
- The best home wall mount is well made and is going to improve the look of your home.
- This great fixed home wall mount goes well with VESA designs.
- The required screws come cheap.
- The studs are strong; highly recommended stand for large TVs.
- It’s a mounting dream come true for do-it-yourself folks because it features perfect design and clear instructions that will help you and make the setup effortless.
- Because it’s a fixed type of mount, you will find it to be a budget-friendly option.
- Many users complain that none of the included M8 bolts was the right length for their digital telly. So if you have a large TV, you might find that it requires more massive M8 bolts for the top and bottom holes than the 16mm, 20mm and 35mm ones which are included.
- Included spacers were too big for their TV model and they had to improvise one way or another to mount it successfully.
Second best TV wall mount you can get for your home is the Ultra Slim Tv Wall Mount By Invision. We gave our pick number two a 5/5 star rating.
The next product is an 'Amazon Best Seller’ product coming with a tool-free tilting operation which enables you to move your mounted telly more than eight degrees forward and five degrees backward according to your desired angle.
Manufactured with a painstaking commitment to quality, this easy to install bracket comes with a detailed setup guide, a 6-inch triple-axis Spirit gauge, all the necessary hardware, and a Shielded High speed 1080p HDMI cable to ensure that you can be ready to view your TV immediately after installation.
This really good model is a heavy-duty single-arm mount with a flat, easy-to-install ultra-slim profile which supports a maximum loading of 36.2Kg or 80lbs. It also comes with a 25-year warranty.
- It's a strong and robust bracket but gives your room a great look.
- The kit box contains practically everything you’ll need to fit the bracket: Bolts of various sizes and lengths and a span of spacers.
- The bracket can be used to mount a wide span of tellies.
- It’s a high-quality bracket sold at the best possible price.
- With this bracket, wider tellies on a straight wall will have a reduced amount of left or right swivel because it extends from the wall by 50cm and to achieve a full 90-degree turn on each side, the telly would need to be less than 50cm wide.
- Some users consider it more suited for industrial use because it is a heavy-duty mount.
Third best TV wall mount for home is the Tilt And Swivel Mount By Vonhaus. We gave it a 5/5 star rating. You can check the Amazon website links in order to see the prices and details.
This product is a multi-functional double arm TV mount that allows you to move, extend and swivel. With a maximum load capacity of 45kg, it was manufactured for tellies between 23 to 56 inches.
The manufacturers’ list of compatible televisions includes Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, Phillips, Toshiba, Sharp, Mitsubishi, Sanyo, JVC, Logik, Technika and Digihome. Capable of 15 degrees angle tilt, this bracket has an arm extension of between 70 to 355mm.
It’s made of heavy gauge reinforced steel and includes M5, M6 and M8 bolts and Spirit level. Because of its weight, it's best suited to solid walls.
- It’s a piece of equipment that works as efficiently as advertised.
- It’s simple, quick and effective. You will have your TV mounted in no time with the two arms.
- It's reliable and strong enough to support TVs as wide as 56".
- These mounts come with clear and straightforward instructions that will help you and make the installation effortless.
- Some users find this bracket to be so heavy that it would require two people holding it against the wall to mark up the holes successfully.
- Some also complain of inaccurate measurements. You might find the spacers too thick and too short to allow the screw to get into its prescribed hole.
- The bracket profile is a bit round, so locking it in one position is not easy.
Fourth best TV wall mount you can get for your home is the TV Wall Bracket By Perlegear. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
With this wall mount you get to dictate what kind of viewing experience you want as it allows you to swivel your TV 90 degrees to the left and 90 degrees to the right while also being able to tilt 5 degrees up and 5 degrees down.
All you need to do is find the position that best reduces glare and prevents any strain to your eyes and neck. Then go and enjoy your look on HD full motion pictures and stuff.
This TV wall mount can easily hold up tellies weighing up to 45kg because it is made from compressed, reinforced high-quality steel. However, make sure to use this product on solid concrete, wood studs or brick walls only.
This wall mount extends up to 495mm from the wall for maximum reach. It comes with a comprehensive setup guide and video guide, plus all the standard mounting apparatus and it also comes with a 10-year warranty.
- The product is presented beautifully with straightforward instructions that will help you and make the setup effortless..
- It comes with everything that you will require except a hammer.
- The setup is not complicated and will make the process easy.
- These mounts come with an HDMI cable.
- The tilting and swivel functions work without friction.
- It’s a piece of valuable equipment that provides a wide span of viewing angles.
- Some users complain that the arm of the bracket couldn't support the weight of their TV, which weighed less than 45KG. It's noteworthy to remember not to make use of this product on soft walls.
- Some users have also complained about the inaccuracy of the spirit level.
Fifth best TV wall mount for home is the Full Motion TV Wall Mount By Mounting Dream. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is introducing the Mounting Dream TV wall-mount bracket. This product is built to handle LED LCD and OLED flat screen TVs between 26 to 55 inches, weighing up to 27kg. It’s a piece of full motion equipment with a robust articulating arm.
This mount includes maximum mounting VESA holes' spacing of 400 x 400mm. With its 5 degrees upward, 15 degrees backward, 90 degrees forward/backward swivel and 5 degrees back and forth rotation as well as its 484mm extension, this mount can be best for corner installations.
Unlike many other available TV brackets, this product has a customer-centric design in that the central line of its wall plate corresponds nicely to the central line of the TV to be mounted. That is why it can be installed with ease.
- Its swing and tilting function is perfect.
- The mounts are well-made.
- These mounts make for easy fitting.
- It includes screws and spacers that are suitable for a wide range of walls.
- It has excellent quality; well packaged, with clear instructions that will help you and make the installation effortless..
- These mounts come with a bubble level and cable ties as freebies.
- Some users find the space between the TV and the wall to be inadequate, making it hard to tighten the screws when installing.
- A few users complain that the holes are larger than the provided bolts.
Sixth best TV wall mount you can get for your home is the Tilt TV Wall Bracket Mount By Vonhaus. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
This equipment is compatible with practically all makes of TV including Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Phillips, Toshiba, Sharp, Mitsubishi, Sanyo, Logik, Digihome, JVC and Technika. It is built to hold televisions between 32 to 70 inches with a maximum load capacity of 75kg or 165lbs.
This tilting TV bracket enables you to move your TV 15 degrees forward and 15 degrees backward. It is of heavy gauge rolled steel. The bars can handle adjustment and are not conspicuous since you can adjust them to the size of your telly. The mount itself contains several mounting holes along its surface which enhance ease and flexibility during drilling. Spirit level comes in the package.
- This product is sturdy, dependable wall mount equipment.
- It includes a detailed guide with clear instructions that will help you and make the installation effortless..
- These mounts are very easy to mount.
- You will find the mount itself to be of a high standard, with no trouble fixing it to your wall.
- The packaging is classy. Each section of washers, screws and bolts came in separate packets marked for easy identification, and every piece was intact.
- The built-in spirit level is accurate and helpful.
- The instruction manual is written in tiny print, which might be difficult for some users to read with ease.
- The bracket restricts space behind the telly once it is mounted so reaching the HDMI cable sockets on the back of your TV becomes almost impossible without some angled connectors.
Seventh best home TV wall mount is the Television Screen Wall Mount By Duronic. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
This heavy-duty tilting TV bracket is made of strong cold rolled steel for a robust and sturdy mount. It’s a low profile bracket that will not stick out from your wall a lot, having a wall-TV distance of only 8cm.
The manufacturers guarantee that their brackets are verified by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) to be compatible with your TV. This product has a tilt capacity of -12°/+6° and a maximum weight capacity of 65kg. It also comes with a tremendous cable-management feature.
It is compatible with TVs that have VESA 200x200, VESA 400x200, VESA 400x400 and VESA 600x400 holes. In addition to the cold-rolled steel material it is made of, this bracket is electrostatically powder-coated as an additional layer of protection. The anti-theft feature included allows you to secure a padlock on it.
- It’s easy to install and includes screws of varying lengths, spacers, wall plugs, washers and wall bolts.
- It has a secure locking mechanism to secure your TV.
- Mounts are verified by the VESA
- These fixed mounts are sturdy and built to last.
- The instruction guide is detailed and precise and will help you and make the installation effortless.
- The wall fixings are particularly flexible and suitable for all kinds of walls as long as you don’t over-tighten it.
- Some users complain that the amount of space between the wall and TV is too much.
- Others complain about inaccurate measurements. Some found the supplied wall plugs to be larger than the holes they drilled; others found the provided bolts to be too short or too long.
Eighth best TV wall mount you can get for your home is the Tilt Wall Mount By Vonhaus. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
This mount bracket comes with an ultra-slim design made for TVs between 13" to 24". It is made of aluminium and has a 70 degrees forward/70 degrees backward tilt capacity and 90 degrees left and 90 degrees right swivel function.
It can serve LED, LCD, 3D, Curved, OLED, Plasma, and flat-screen televisions with a load capacity of 15kg and 75 x 75mm minimum VESA holes and 100 x 100mm maximum VESA mounting holes. It includes a 25-Year Warranty from the manufacturers. It has perfect tilt & swivel and is simple to handle with its 23.19 x 5.59 x 23.19cm length-depth-weight dimensions.
- The best TV mount fits very close to the wall.
- It is sturdy, simple to install, and well made.
- The mounts are VESA verified.
- It is very stable even when fully extended and then it retracts neatly to the wall with just the smallest of gaps leaving plenty of room for you.
- It includes all necessary accessories for mounting. A user described the wall accompanying wall bolts as strong enough to 'support a small elephant'.
- These best TV wall mounts come with a useful instruction manual that will help you and make the installation effortless.
- The fixing wall plate that attaches to the back of the TV obstructs the TV power cable connection
- A few users complained of a slightly angled mount despite levelling.
Ninth best home TV wall mount is the Slim Compact Wall Mount By Yousave Accessories. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
This strong steel bracket has standard VESA mounting holes and works with all brands and models of televisions. Although recommended for tellies up to 40kg, this product has been independently weight-tested and confirmed to support loads as heavy as 250 kg.
It is suitable for LCD, LED, OLED, 3D and curved TVs with screen sizes within the range of 26" to 55". It has adjustable viewing that allows you to adjust your viewing angle from 0 to 10 degrees.
Made from heavy-gauge steel, this wall bracket is firm, and it has a built-in spirit level for convenient installation on firm brick, stud, cavity, and plasterboard walls. The package includes a fixing kit and an instruction guide.
- The tilting mounts are supported, user-friendly and easy to install.
- These best TV mounts are perfect and incredibly well-made.
- The bracket is of superb quality and has standard VESA holes.
- The consumer consensus is that this mount is excellent for the price.
- The package includes an extensive selection of bolts and screws.
- These best TV wall mounts are nicely packaged with instructions that will help you and make the installation effortless..
- You might find that when you tighten up the tilt, it just doesn't hold it to the desired position.
- With the wide range of machine screws provided, it’s disappointing that the package includes only one size of washer.
- Some users claim that the built-in spirit guage was inaccurate.
- The bracket is the same size as the mounting hooks; which means you have very little wiggle room to hook it on.
Tenth best TV wall mount you can get for your home is the Articulating TV Wall Mount By Amazonbasics. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The single-stud articulating wall mount encourages flexible full motion. It will keep your telly as close as 2.6 inches from the wall so as not to get in the way but should you so desire; it will also extend the telly out into the room by up to 41.4 cm.
Between this fantastic adjustable tilt swivel capability and its articulating design, this product offers optimum viewing from anywhere in the room. AmazonBasics 1-year Limited Warranty backs it up.
It can carry a maximum weight of up to 36.3kg, and it has an efficient cable management system which keeps cables and cords out of the way for the safety of your family. It supports 10 degrees forward and 5 degrees backwards tilt motion for optimum viewing.
It is manufactured with heavy-duty aluminium and steel for strong reliability. Spacers, bolts, bubble level, are all included for easy installation.
- This bracket is particularly strong.
- These mounts support a very fluid and pleasing full motion.
- It's easy to fit and easy to mount the TV on it.
- It includes a set of various bolts to adapt to various TV screens. A bubble level is included to help you in mounting your TV straight on your wall.
- It’s a very well-engineered wall bracket.
- The instructions were somewhat vague and not that helpful, thus making it hard to DIY.
- The plastic cable retainers are so strong you’ll need a lever to open them.
TV Wall Mount Buying Guide
A DVD player, Freeview recorder or indoor TV ariel may provide the entertainment you need on your 32 inch TV, especially when a soundbar under £200 is part of the equation. But all the entertainment is made much better by a TV wall mount. It provides an excellent view.
Considering that the TV wall mount will be holding the TV’s weight, it ought to be sturdy. We will show you how to choose a durable TV wall mount, one that could go as far as outlasting your screen.
What to Lookout for in a TV Wall Mount Before Buying
When in search for the best TV wall mounts for your television, the VESA dimension is about the most critical factor to take into account. Make sure that your TV is compatible with the VESA specifications of the bracket you are buying.
These wall mounting devices might all look homogenous, but they come with significant differences, especially in mobility, maximum weight capacity and installation accessories provided.
If you have chosen to buy a wall mount that is designed to move, then you should find out the maximum tilt and retraction capacity, the swivel range and all of that. How much of a tilting TV wall mount is it? Having TV stands that allow mobility affords you high viewing angles on your TV.
As you may have noticed with all the products above, the best wall mounts come with a range of TV sizes they are compatible with, from small, to moderate to large. Some of the best TV wall mounts fit a wide range of TV sizes and have universal VESA mounting holes.
You might want to find out what the installation kit of your preferred TV bracket contains and that it has everything you’ll need. The studs must fit the holes and be sturdy enough to support your TV’s weight. You should also consider what kind of walls you have.
Whether you’re nervous about DIY, or if your flat screen is too heavy to mount by yourself, we recommend you to think about hiring the services of a professional installing company.
Choosing a Mount by TV Screen Size
To select the best and ideal height for your mounted TV, you'll need to consider the size and weight of the TV, the viewing distance from the sitting area, the viewing angle and the height of the eye gauge.
You will be making this decision based on the distance from the floor to the centre of your TV.
The best viewing distance is also based on the size of your telly. It is the ideal distance away from the screen you should be seated to watch the telly.
The conventional calculation for viewing distance is your TV size divided by 0.55. So if you have a 32" TV, the ideal viewing distance is 58 inches away. For a 42", it is 76 inches apart.
How to Budget for a TV Wall Mount
When budgeting for the best TV wall mounts, you must consider both the product you have in mind as well as the installation costs you may be incurring. Will you be doing it yourself?
What tools will you need? And if you are going to be hiring professional services, how popular are they? What is the size of your TV? How thick is your wall? All these things will factor into the mounting price you will be charged and you should, therefore, include them in your budget.
One professional installer can safely mount a smaller TV, but for larger TVs, at least two TV installers will be needed, and that adds to your mounting cost. It generally takes more time to fix the bracket to larger TVs. The brackets for larger TVs also typically cost more than those required for smaller ones.
Like I said, the type of wall you want the TV mounted on to will also affect installation cost. Is your wall a solid wall, dry-lined wall or a stud wall? They each have different cost implications.
The Most Suitable Walls to Fix a TV Wall Mount
Wall studs or dry-lined plasterboard walls are the recommended wall types for most TVs because most TVs are too heavy to be entrusted to wood studs and other wall types. If you’re not too sure about what kind of wall you have, please secure professional advice. Most professional installers always know the ideal TV wall mount for the wall you have and how to orchestrate whatever needs to be arranged to mount your TV securely.
Still about the wall, if you have a large TV, you must be sure that you have adequate wall space to hang it. Having done that, you then need to decide your ideal viewing distance given your unique room context. Professionals suggest that you aim for a 2:1 TV-to-viewing-distance ratio, therefore if your TV is a 32-inch model, you would want to sit about five feet away.
This ratio differs a little when it comes to 4K Ultra HD TVs. For those, a ratio of around 1:1.5 is recommended. So if you get a 4K TV, you’ll most likely be positioning yourself closer to your TV screen.
Finally, if you will be viewing from a limited space like a corner, you might need to consider how much viewing room you will have if you decide to set your TV flat against the wall to see something at a better angle which you will need to do sometimes. However, this may not be that crucial since there are wall mounts that can extend way out of the wall or move to the sides.
It all comes down to managing the size of your TV and maximising your wall space.
TV Wall Mount Buying FAQs
Q: How Do I Wall Mount a Flat Screen TV?
- 1Get a right-sized wall mount online or at an electronics retail store.
- 2Take off the base that comes with your TV if it is still attached.
- 3Lay the TV face-down on a soft and padded flat surface.
- 4Look for the four holes on the back of the TV.
- 5Put the brackets on the back of your TV, making sure they align. Refer to the instruction guide for direction.
- 6Use a screwdriver to tighten any remaining bolts.
- 7Locate the studs in your wall.
- 8Using a bubble guage, highlight your studs with a pencil.
- 9Then drill holes into your wall studs according to the drill pattern on your bracket.
- 10Place your mounting bracket on the wall, in proper alignment with the studs and the holes you just drilled.
- 11Holding the mounting bracket firmly against the wall, screw the largest bolts into the pilot holes. You may need some help here.
- 12Pick up your TV and hang it on the bracket.
- 13Be sure that the bracket is firm and can carry the weight of the TV before you let go.
- 14Connect your cables and power up your TV.
Q: Is my wall strong enough to hold a TV?
A: This is the most critical question you will need to answer when looking to mount your TV.
The spot you choose on your wall must have a stud or two to secure the screws. A stud finder will help you locate the studs in your wall so you can consequently choose where to hang your TV.
Avoid trying to hang your TV on drywall. It will eventually end up on the floor.
I mean, your TV.
If you can't find a stud in your wall, find a different location that has a stud.
Q: What are the different types of TV wall mounts?
A: As you may have observed so far, TV wall brackets come in three types, each with their pros and cons. What are these three types?
a) Fixed TV wall mount:
As we said, this is the simplest type of wall mount, more or less like glorified nails but it may be all you need. A fixed mount is commonly referred to as a flat or low profile TV wall mount.
b) Tilting TV wall mount:
This is like the fixed TV type except that it is often sturdier and it allows your TV screen to move up or down while attached to the wall. The tilting angles are in varying degrees depending on the product specifications.
c) Articulating TV wall mount:
An articulated wall mount can range from a basic pivot model which enables minimal left-right screen movement, to the more flexible tilt and swivel TV variants which allow the screen to be extended far away from the wall and angled up or down. This type of wall mount is the most flexible category, allowing optimal tilting and swivelling and enabling a significant change in the position of the screen. Most articulating TV wall mounts will enable a combination of these motions.
The best articulating TV mounts will extend all you want but will also retract to the wall to allow you own your space the way you should which is the Holy Grail; the ultimate users’ mounting dream.