Best Top Loading Washing Machine - The Top-Rated Models Reviewed In 2020
Top loading washing machines are some of the most useful laundry tools of our days. Thanks to their large capacity, high efficiency and exceptional reliability, these units can provide squeaky-clean clothes with little to no effort. To help you with choosing the best top loading washing machine, we have listed some of the best products of 2020 along with a simple buying guide - so you can rejoice the sweet relief of useful, resource-saving washing for all your family.
Best Top Loading Washing Machines On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best top loading washing machine of 2020 is the full-automatic model by CASART that is fit for compact living, offers several wash cycles, and is ideal for budget-friendly price requirements. Designed with a fully automatic configuration, this wash machine top load ensures that you can get on with your day by simply pressing a button and letting the unit do its job. Moreover, utilized with three water levels starting from low (16 litres), medium (23 litres) and high (30 litres), this top load washer gives you various energy and water-saving options to wash through the 3.5 kg drum capacity it employs.
The 2-in-1 function efficiently turns the best top load machine into a wash and dryer, granting six different programmes to choose from. Furthermore, the distinctive and transparent lid that's integrated into this top-loading washer allows you to see and monitor the intake and wash condition all through the operation. Also, you won't have to be a professional mechanic to install this unit, as the easy steps are all provided within the manual.
- The included power wire and drain house management make it more clean and tidy.
- It is portable and compact-sized, ideal for smaller apartments, dorms and houses.
- It has six variable programmes to pick out from.
- It has low energy and water consumption.
- Only three machine legs are adjustable so you should carefully level it.
- The maximum water-heating temperature is just 50°C.
The portable twin tub, top-loaded washing machines by Display4top make it onto this list due to their high efficiency and grand productivity. Constructed of a durable plastic body that contains a lightweight build and functional design, this top-loading machine is ideal for any areas where space is limited, but productivity is a priority. The quiet but powerful unit has a 1300 RPM motor with a max frequency of 60 Hz, which ensures that all your dirty clothes will be squeaky clean within one single wash.
The overall capacity within this load wash machine is a whopping 6 kg for the washer and 2 kg for the spin cycle, which is on par with the current standard. Perfect for smaller loads that take minutes to complete, this machine will ensure that clothing piles will be a thing of the past. This top load washing machine runs for up to 15 minutes for the washer, whereas the spin cycle timer runs for up to 5 minutes for each load. And the quick set up and installation mean that you can get to work as soon as you unpack the unit.
- You can either use the attached hose to inlet the water into the unit or pour the water manually into the bucket.
- Contains a quick wash feature that's very efficient.
- Energy-efficient and water-saving.
- Great value for money.
- It rattles quite a lot if you overfill the spin dryer.
- Lower wash capacity means you have to separate your clothes for an effective wash.
Another product that was also showcased within Amazon's list for the best camping washing units is the TG23 series of top loader washing machines. This durable and robust unit contains two tubs - one for washing (3.4 kg capacity) and one for spinning (2 kg capacity). As noted, the machine is highly practical for camping and caravan purposes, as it doesn't require plumbing but straightforward access to water and a drain area.
As for the spin cycle and programmes, you'll be pleased to know that this line of top-loading washing machines employs a wash cycle that can run up to 15 minutes on either a soft or regular wash. On the other hand, the spin cycle can run up to 5 minutes, which means that you'll have your outfit ready before you can even finish the grilling on the yard. To further make everything more straightforward for you, the manufacturers have also designed some ergonomic handles on top of the machine, which are as easy to operate as they are to maintain.
- It includes an added lint filter that collects any debris (string, lint) from the washer by floating on the tub.
- Each tub has its separate timers, whereas the washtub has different wash modes too.
- Thanks to its efficient motor, this washing machine makes less sound than similar units.
- It employs a one-year warranty period from Think Gizmos.
- The machine needs to be elevated to drain the water out.
- To reach the highest efficacy, the water needs to be drained out and replaced between washing and rinsing.
If your idea of the best top loading washing machines is a unit that has a high washing capacity and a favourable spin speed, then this product is the best choice for you. Being among the best options for energy efficiency, this practical top-loading washing machine has two tubs that can be adjusted with different timers. More specifically, the time control design lets you set the washing tub between 1-15 minutes, while the spin-drying only requires (and provides) 1-3 minutes for an effective wash.
Employing a washing capacity of 4.6 kg and a spin cycle capacity of 3 kg, this unit can aid you with your time management by washing and spinning at the same time, with minimal power consumption. The machine further provides two water levels, including a high 36 litres and a low 32 litres. This portable loading washing machine's frame is coated with a PP + ABS organic plastic, whereas the interior is adorned with stainless steel material. This build makes the machine durable, efficient and prevents damaging residue as well.
- The machine allows you to wash and spin dry at the same time.
- It contains an impressive spin cycle.
- Compact and lightweight, so you can adjust it however you wish.
- Good value for money.
- The pipe for the inlet water is rather flimsy and was noted to cause some leakage.
- The plastic lids that protect the drums are fitted with sturdy caps, which may make them hard to open.
If you're somewhat acquainted with home appliances, then you'll know that Whirpool is one of the best reliable manufacturers to date. Staying loyal to its reputation, Whirpool has produced this series of top-loading washing machines that are both sturdy and functional. Containing the best features of a traditional front load washing machine while being a compact-sized device, this unit is almost as marvellous as its name.
With a 15 kg load capacity and 21 programmes to choose from, this top load washing machine is one of the most diverse cleaning units that you can find. The deep fill option and the programmed sensor assure that the water intake is regulated automatically, whereas the agitator takes care of the energy saving. The convenient spin speed of 660 RPM also helps this unit to be one of the best by executing shorter waiting times, higher saving resources, and cleaner clothes.
- Contains an automated lid lock that ensures safety.
- White porcelain basket is easy to maintain and better styled to fit your house.
- It is shipped with one-year parts and labour warranty from Whirpool.
- It is equipped with four temperature levels to choose from.
- Only compatible with hot and cold water supplies.
- Due to its more massive build, it is slightly noisier than the usual top-load machines.
Another fantastic top-loading washing machine comes from oneConcept and applies a stylish, practical design to satisfy smaller households. Featuring a 380 W rinse and 150 W spin cycle, this unit is among the best top loading washing machines in regards to its load space. Operating with a relatively higher washing capacity of 4.8 kg, the unit will surely provide higher productivity rates with each cycle.
Prioritizing in user experience while offering a hassle-free operation, the oneConcept top load washer bears two programmes for regular and delicate washes. The spin in this unit is also notable, as it promotes a higher spin speed and faster drying times that are ideal for camping trips, university housing, or impatient folk who don't want to sit around waiting for their outfits.
- Contains a transparent lid that lets you observe the wash.
- It is watertight according to the IPX4 standard.
- Includes a safety cover on its spin compartment ensuring constant protection.
- It is shipped with a 1-metre hose length and power cable, giving you more manoeuvrability.
- Its energy rating of class B makes it less energy productive than the standard.
The oneConcept top-loading washing machines also promote the XXL eco wash series that is one of the best highly-efficient units of 2020. Offering a 6.8 kg washing capacity (400 W) and 5.2 kg spin cycle (150 W), this machine will make sure that all your clothes will be cleaned and dried to excellence. With two adjustable programmes to match sensitive and normal textiles, this unit will not only save water and energy but run on the lowest noise levels too.
Moreover, the unit contains two separate timers, with 0-15 minutes for the washing cycle and 0-5 minutes regarding the spin cycle. Thanks to its large capacity, the latter compartment will cut down the drying times by almost half, which means that your clothes will spend less time on the dryer or clothesline as well. After the wash, the residual water and lint can be easily removed thanks to its best-draining program.
- Includes two water connections and a water drain program that circulates the intake.
- It employs helpful features such as the spin part safety cover and overflow protection.
- It is built with a transparent cover that lets you see the wash process.
- It is shipped with a removable lint filter and built-in pump.
- Some consumers reported that their XXL product was shipped with faulty manufacturing.
- Its centrifuge feature was noted to ruin some garments.
If you found the previous model perfect for you but you lack the space within your household, you'll be happy to know that oneConcept has also built the bundle into a more compact-sized machine. Going by the XL footprint, this ecowash top-loading machine is also suitable for camping or travelling purposes, as it contains a wash capacity of 4.2 kg (300 W) and a centrifuge compartment of 3 kg (110 W). Its washing timer goes from 0-15 minutes, awhile the spin cycle from 0-5; proving to be ideal for consumers that prefer to live here and now.
Moreover, the low energy consumption and high water perseverance within this top load washing machine continues to make life easier and wallets thicker for all its users. The two included programmes ensure that your normal and sensitive clothes don't get mixed up and are treated with the care they require. Another great plus is the low noise emitting that grants you comfort with using the machine whenever it's convenient for you.
- Contains two water connections that circulate the clean and dirty water.
- Includes a clear cover lid that allows you to watch the operation.
- Employs a removable lint filter that picks up dirt and other residues.
- It is built from materials that are waterproof following the standard IPX4.
- Doesn't have an integrated pump, so the machine is gravity led.
- The draining hose is rather short.
Fully automatic mechanisms are one of the best washing machines' features because they make the laundry more comfortable and more productive. Following those principles, COSTWAY's two in one portable device allows you to effortlessly set the washing, spinning and water programmes as you wish. Specifically, the wash cycle provides six programmes, whereas the water intake has three levels.
Furthermore, the control panel also lists a LED display and a power button that note the time remaining in your programme, trouble warnings or the power status of the machine. The honeycomb-shaped tub within this unit can also take up a load capacity of 3.5 kg. As for the installation, you can rest assured that the straightforward instructions and illustrations will be there to guide you every step of the way, prompting an immediate use of the washer.
- Features a built-in drain pump, an intake hose and a drainage tube that allows you to add clean water or drain out dirty water quickly.
- Its computer control allows you to modify the cycle by changing the programme or water levels while the operation is on.
- It contains a spin speed cycle of 750 RPM.
- Several users noted that the customer service with this product wasn't ideal.
- Its integrated lint filter isn't very productive at collecting all clothing residue.
The Cater-Wash CK8575 model is also included on this list, thanks to its broad praise from customers around the world. The top-loading washing machine employs a load capacity of 7.5 kg and a full 400 mm footprint, making large clothing piles a faint memory. If you've got a limited environment but are accustomed to the power of traditional front-loading washers, then this model is ideal for you.
Its innovative design runs with a spin speed of 1200 RPM, promoting shorter waiting times between each wash cycle. Furthermore, the A+++ energy rating means that not only does the unit preserve time and effort, but energy as well. Lastly, if noise is a dealbreaker for you and you can't stand loud units, you'll be pleased to know that this product only runs at 62 dB for washing and 78 dB for spinning.
- Includes a child lock feature to promote safety.
- Provides a customized feature that allows you to adjust your wash programme.
- It is shipped with one-year parts and labour warranty from Cater-Wash.
- It contains adjustable programmes, water levels, temperature controls and spin speed ratios.
- The product only ships to the UK mainland.
- The lid opening is not very ergonomic.
Whether you're tired of your front-load machine consuming too much water, energy and effort or you simply need a small unit to take care of your clothes when away on a trip, a top-loading machine is the right way to go. However, there are certain things you need to keep in mind when purchasing:
Semi or Fully Automatic?
Top loaders usually employ technologies that are either fully automatic or only partly. The best machines are fully automatic, meaning that all you have to do is put the detergent in and let the cycle begin. These machines have several integrated programmes that promote variability with your washes, as well as cleanlier results. However, they are rather expensive and usually have longer cycles.
On the other hand, a semi-automatic washing machine is more compact, sturdy and durable in the long term. They're generally built with two integrated tubs, for the wash and dry operations respectively. You start these units by choosing the programme and wait for the wash to finish.
Then, you manually take the wet clothes and add them to the centrifugal tub for them to dry. Semi-automatic machines require manual water intake, thus spending fewer resources (water and energy).
It's evident that a top-loading machine doesn't have a large capacity that traditional units employ, but most products can usually satisfy light to medium loads within each cycle. Often, these machines contain two tubs that are separated for washing and spinning purposes, which typically employ different capacity levels. A general rule of thumb is for the collective capacity of these tubs to reach a level of at least 7 kg which equals to a full-sized duvet cover.
Energy Consumption and Energy Rating
One of the best hallmarks of top load washing machines includes their excellent power consumption levels. Commonly, these machines take up less energy to operate with each cycle - which becomes evident with the energy bill at the end of the month. To make sure that you've chosen the best energy-efficient product, you should pay attention to its rating. The best washing machines carry an A energy rating (at least), so you should try to not aim for lower.
Q: What is the best top-loading washing machine to buy?
A: The best top-loading washing machine is the full-automatic model by CASART, due to its championship in control, variability, sturdiness and compact size.
Q: What brand of a washing machine is the most reliable?
A: Considering how our reviewed full automatic machine by CASART highlighted efficiency in more categories than one, it's safe to say that this brand is the most reliable manufacturer currently on the market.
Q: Are top-loading washing machines better?
A: As opposed to front-loading machines, a top-loading unit has certain advantages that make it better. Even though they contain a lower spin speed than traditional washing machines, these units have more variability with quick washes, are water and energy-efficient and are better suited for smaller apartments, dorms, camping locations or RVs. They're also more ergonomic and more comfortable to maintain, serving as a favourite among the disabled and the elderly.