Best Stainless Steel Pans Reviews UK 2020 - Top-Rated Models Compared
Whether you've seen a nice cooking ad on the telly or you're simply tired of your old appliances, buying new pans is an everlasting welcomed feat. Stainless steel cookware best suit chefs' needs worldwide because they're durable, non-reactive and very cost-effective. They're also incredible for both maintenance and use, thanks to the even heat distribution and dishwasher safe features they employ. If you want to join the countless cooks that sing daily praise to these pots and pans, read below and find the best stainless steel cookware of 2020.
Best Stainless Steel Pans On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best stainless steel pan set is the Ingenio range from Tefal, due to its generous storage capacity, fantastic heat distribution and incredible versatility. The durable stainless steel pans can smoothly go from hob to the oven, the table, the fridge and even into the dishwasher. This is made available thanks to Tefal's patented detachable Ingenio Bakelite handle that attaches smoothly and securely in one click, allowing you to convert from one pan to another. Moreover, its oven-safe function promotes sustainability over 260°C, so cooking your stews or roasts won't be an issue.
The saucepans are crafted from the best stainless steel materials while employing a mirror-polished exterior and a brushed interior. The pans' interior also supports a Titanium build that is non-stick, scratch-resistant and incredibly easy to clean. When you're done with the cooking, you can further use the pans to store leftovers in the fridge by merely attaching its provided airtight lid. The best stainless steel frying pan is also kind to the environment since its components are entirely recyclable and built from eco-friendly materials that rule out PFOA, lead or cadmium.
- The four space-saving pans can be easily stacked into one another for more accessible storage.
- They contain a Thermo-Spot indicator that changes its colour to solid red when the pan has reached the optimal cooking temperature.
- They're suitable with all hob types, including gas, electric, ceramic, halogen and even induction.
- They include internal measuring marks for added cooking accuracy.
- They come with a ten-year warranty by Tefal.
- Some customers reported that their lid handles might be prone to becoming faulty.
- It was noted that the pans were likely to be stained after some use.
- The pans are compact-sized, which may not be ideal for batch cooking.
Being stellar in all shapes and forms, this range by the same name is granted to provide unbeatable performance and versatile cooking. Its thick 'hot-forged' base ensures a fast and even heating that is equally distributed through its surface, preventing hot spots and burned food. The Teflon Platinum coating makes this saucepan set scratch-resistant and non-stick, promoting easy frying and faster clean-ups. Moreover, you can easily switch the pans between the oven and the stovetop, thanks to their compatibility with all hob types.
Being dishwasher and oven safe (at 210°C), these stainless steel pans ensure that time bent over the kitchen cabinets is reduced significantly. This is also supported by the integrated measuring marks that are very helpful with batch cooking or learning new recipes. Furthermore, to provide a proper draining procedure while preventing over-boiling, the Stellar range has also combined its dual-perforated lid sides that are a fan favourite among customers worldwide.
- Several customers have noted that they're very durable, sustaining their sturdiness even after years of use.
- Their Teflon-coated base helps to keep the heat evenly distributed.
- Good value for money.
- They're supplied with a ten-year non-stick warranty by Stellar.
- Their draining pans' lids have a built-in filter for easy draining without a colander.
- Some customers have noted that they found the stainless steel pans rather heavy.
- Their non-stick frying pans are not dishwasher safe, so they have to be washed by hand.
Those who are reasonably accustomed to cookware and other kitchen utensils will know that Le Creuset is among the best stainless steel manufacturers on the market. Following that legacy, Le Creuset has produced its tri-ply stainless steel range of saucepans that is an absolute must-have kitchen essential. Featuring a robust aluminium core that's pressed between two layers of stainless steel, the tri-ply pans allow for even heat distribution while preparing food and expert heat retention to keep the food warmer for longer.
To ensure a mess-free movement of meals from pan to plates, Le Creuset has designed a 360° anti-drip pouring convenient lip. The durable tri-ply stainless steel interior and exterior are both easy to wash by hand and dishwasher safe, so you will never have difficulties with maintenance. Suitable for ovens, grills and all hob types, the three-piece set is also very energy-efficient - providing excellent meals at medium to low temperatures.
- The packaging comes with three tri-ply stainless steel pans, with respective sizes of 16, 18 and 20 cm (+ lids).
- Their stainless steel handles employ an easy-grip design and a cool-touch technology.
- They come with internal measuring marks to promote more comfortable use.
- They're oven-safe, sustaining at temperatures as high as 220°C.
- They're highly-efficient with lower temperature cooking, saving effort and energy on the process.
- Its frying pan's non-stick coating is not dishwasher safe and may start flaking if not maintained carefully.
- If you live in a hard-water area, you might want to avoid this range because its coating components were noted to come off because of the substantial salt levels.
The practical and firm stainless steel range from Prestige is meticulously made to ensure that the cooking is as pleasant as can be. By being oven-safe and suitable with all hob types, this robust set is undoubtedly one of the best stainless steel cookware on the market. To help with spilling excess liquid without accidentally tipping food into the sink, Prestige has designed a smart straining lid with pouring lips that's the best fit for pasta or similar meals.
Being firm, practical and easy to clean, this saucepan set also employs riveted stay-cool handles that make sure the internal heat doesn't burn your hands while touching. More specifically, the collection includes three stainless steel pans with overall dimensions of 14, 16 and 18 cm. And lastly, the manufacturers have made sure to further reduce the maintenance and cleaning requirements of the pans by making the layers of stainless-steel coating dishwasher safe.
- The pans are designed with handy straining lids and helpful pouring lips on dual sides.
- The set is compatible with all hob types including induction, gas radiant rings, solid plates, halogen or ceramic.
- They're delivered with a five-year warranty by Prestige.
- Their phenolic and stainless-steel interior promotes even heating through the entire surface.
- The pans can only take up heat levels of as much as 180˚C and gas mark 4.
- Several customers have reported that the handles on their lids fell off after some years of use.
Finding the best stainless steel cookware doesn't necessarily mean you have to pay a fortune to get the right product, and ProCook supports that fully. Its professional stainless-steel range is designed to cook, simmer or boil all types of ingredients with the utmost perfection. With four included pans of 14, 16, 18 and 20 cm, you'll be able to cook a full range of good-looking meals to satisfy the whole family.
The best budget-friendly pans are made of a 0.8 mm stainless steel body and 7 mm impact-bonded base that makes them incredibly strong and durable. Moreover, each pan is carefully made to maintain an even heat across their surfaces to promote efficient cooking and reducing the chances of burning the food. All the saucepans and lids are heat safe to 260˚C, so you can easily take your masterpiece from the stovetop to the oven without worrying about causing any damage.
- They employ stainless steel CoolTouch handles that make gripping easy and comfortable.
- Each pan includes a tight-fitting toughened glass lid that seals in the juices, flavours and nutrients.
- They're suitable with all types of hob, including induction, ceramic, halogen, gas, electric and solid plate.
- They're shipped with a 25-year warranty by ProCook.
- The pans are not made of non-stick materials so that you might experience some hassles.
- Some customers found that their handle shape wasn't made ergonomically.
Tefal has made us believe that they provide with superior products, and to support that, they have presented their stainless steel skillet, durable pots and a handy frying pan. Due to the several good reviews they've gotten, the five-piece set has also been chosen by Amazon as the best pan set on their platform. Following the Tefal trademark, the stainless steel frying pan within this set also supports a Thermo-Spot technology that lets you know when the pan has reached the ideal temperature to start cooking.
While the Comfort Max range is made of 18/10 stainless steel materials, its frying pan also employs a heat-resistant coating with non-stick features. Thanks to its high rate of chromium, the protective layer formed on the stainless steel kitchenware ensure high resistance to rust, corrosion or potential damages for an extended lifetime. As for the handles' components, it's important to note that Tefal uses Bakelite materials that support hard-wearing qualities, fulfilling the complete longevity promised by the manufacturers.
- The internal measuring marks on the inside of the saucepans allow for easy measuring.
- The pans come with stay-cool handles that promote easier administration.
- They're shipped with a ten-year warranty by Tefal.
- Its thick anti-deformation induction base is compatible with all hob types.
- The pans are oven safe for just about an hour under 180°C.
- Some customers observed that the lids don't seal shut, causing the internal steam to be condensed into the water - which is problematic for some meals.
Another fantastic stainless steel set by Prestige comes in the form of five items of kitchenware, including a 14 cm milk pan, 16, 18 and 20 cm saucepans and a 24 non-stick frying pan. The elegant stainless steel pans are among the best metal utensils that ensure an even heat distribution that makes the cooking fast and effortless. The excellent materials and expert craftsmanship within the Prestige set are guaranteed to enhance the cooking pleasure and meal quality.
The premium versatility within the dishwasher safe pans promotes a flexible use that is suitable with ovens (at 180°C) and all hob types. Moreover, the phenolic handle within the pan ensures an ergonomic and secure grip that's not affected by the heat of your delicious cooking. The milk pan and frying pan also have a non-stick interior surface that not only aids with optimal ease of cleaning but also helps make cooking healthier, as you need little or no oil to cook without the fear of food sticking.
- The flexibility provided with the three pan types is best suited for variable cooking.
- Their stainless steel coating is made to support high durability and promote a contemporary polished look.
- Their encapsulated stainless steel base helps keep the heat evenly distributed within the pan surface.
- It is shipped with a five-year warranty by Prestige.
- The lids are not included with the milk pan and frying pan.
- The provided lids are not made to aid with stacking of the pans one after the other.
If you're accustomed to the good quality of Prestige cookware but only require frying pan utensils, then this set is best suited for your needs. The fantastic stainless steel set features low-profile knobs, interlocking handles and shallow lids that allow for neat stacking while preventing scratches. The stainless steel pans don't only provide renowned durability but are among the best budget-friendly sets that are sold under £100.
Made of sturdy and robust stainless steel, the frying pan set is built by integrating dimpled surfaces that reduce burning and sticking, providing the perfect meals for all your family. Furthermore, the combined extra-thick base promotes a faster heating time and even heating distribution, while reducing the hot spots within the pans' surface. The good-quality stainless steel pans will not only satisfy your daily cooking needs but ensure that you'll be happy with their use for a long time as well.
- They're shipped with a five-year warranty by Prestige.
- They're suitable with all hob types, including induction, gas, halogen or sealed plate.
- They're dishwasher safe and highly enduring to cleaning materials.
- They contain heat-resistant handles.
- The included stainless steel pans are rather large, measuring at 20, 24 & 30 cm each
- The 180°C allowed oven temperature limits the range of recipes available with the pans.
- Their even dimpled base makes hand-washing somewhat tricky.
This stainless steel set by Morphy Richards was best rated for its ease of use, value for money and sturdiness that lasted in the long run. Specifically, the range includes 16, 18 and 20 cm saucepans that are elegant, functional and very durable. Thanks to their aluminium thermocore encapsulated bases, the pans support a good heat distribution that not only makes cooking more pleasant but saves energy on the process too.
For added strength and stability, the manufacturers have included tempered glass lids with steam vents, so you won't need to keep a constant eye on your food while leaving the lids slightly opened. Compatible for both right-handed and left-handed folk, the pans apply stay-cool handles and lid knobs that are carefully designed to promote an ergonomic grip. Lastly, thanks to the integrated double pouring spouts, making pasta, rice, or other tasty meals will be an absolute treat as opposed to a hassle.
- They come with a one-year warranty by Morphy Richards that can be extended to ten years upon registration.
- Good value for money.
- They're available in stainless steel or black coating.
- They're compatible with all hob types.
- They're not suitable for the oven.
- Some customers reported that the knobs within the pans were prone to getting loose after some use.
For those of you who are just getting into your new house or thinking about replacing all your kitchenware, this set by Velaze is your best choice. The good and gracious stainless steel set contains six different pieces that include four saucepans and two casserole dishes, along with six tempered glass covers. Built to last, the Velaze range is manufactured with top-quality 18/10 stainless steel that does not discolour or interfere with the food flavour.
The encapsulated aluminium in the stainless steel base guarantees rapid and consistent heating, preventing unnecessary damage or food burning. Furthermore, the tight glass lids with stainless steel edges seal the food's nutrients into place, favouring better results and more delicious meals on the go. Besides being easy use and clean as well as dishwasher safe, the pots further allow you to store any leftover food in them on the refrigerator - just as long as you have the storage available!
- They can sustain an oven head for up to 220°C.
- They're offered with a 180-day refund, a full-life replacement warranty and a prompt customer service within just 24 hours.
- They support a fantastic heat distribution.
- Good value for money.
- Because of their stainless steel materials, the pots are reasonably heavy, which makes handling harder.
Stainless steel pans are generally regarded as the royals of kitchenware. They're sturdier, cheaper, promote ideal temperature levels, and eliminate the prospective faults of other coating materials. However, stainless steel pots and pans usually are not very good at conducting heat, so they must contain additional components to aid with that. This causes some manufacturers to mix cheaper materials that turn an ideal tool into a mediocre one. So what should a stainless steel pot or pan have to be considered good?
- Aluminium Core - As we mentioned above, stainless steel materials are bad heat conductors, meaning that they don't distribute the heat evenly among the surface of the pan - thus causing poorly cooked meals. However, if the said pan contains an aluminium core in its base, it immediately promotes better heat conduction and retaining. That means that your pan will not create a hot spot that will burn your food while promoting a 'keep warm' function.
- Tough Glass Lids - A stainless steel pot or pan is only as secure as its [included] lid. A tight-fitting glass lid that completely closes on the pan is your best choice, as not only does it lock the heat in but promotes sufficient cooking as well. This is mostly provided by glass lids that are surrounded by stainless steel materials, making it not only more efficient but more reliable too.
- 18/10 Stainless Steel - The magic number for today and always is 18/10, and that refers to the manufactured components of the pan. Kitchenwares with this label maintain an 18% chromium and 10% nickel build - deeming the pan sturdy and durable. More specifically, the chromium elements protect the pan from rust and heat stains, while the nickel catalyses the process by giving the stainless steel a radiant finish.
Q: Is stainless steel better than non-stick?
A: It is widely accepted that non-stick kitchenware is favourable but not necessary with everything you're going to cook. Non-stick pans are frequently used for frying which tends to stick more, so getting a non-stick utensil for those purposes is enough. As for longer-lasting kitchenware and more efficient cooking, stainless steel pots and pans are certainly unmatched for.
Q: Are stainless steel frying pans any good?
A: Yes, stainless steel pans are fantastic. Because of their uncoated build, they are more durable and don't prompt issues with flaking or chipping which not only ruins the quality of the pan but interferes with the food too. However, when frying with such pans, you must always add a little more oil to avoid burning the food.