7 Best Soundbars Under £100 Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
Last Updated on September 8, 2020
Your big, slim and sleek TV is great, but the sound quality not so much. Luckily, you don’t need to break the bank to enjoy quality sound from your television.
Check out our best soundbars under £100 review and buying guide for the low down on great speakers that will give you big sound on a budget.
Best Sound Bars Under £100 On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best soundbar under £100 is the Soundbar With Subwoofer By Sharp brand. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
Do you have a television that has an HDMI port or 3.5mm aux connection? Then this is the right universal soundbar for you. You may either mount it on the wall, position it on a table stand or below a television set. This model has a width of 80cm making it a small soundbar to be used with TV screens with the maximum size of 40-43” and below.
The nature of this unit (which measures 6cm) allows you to set it unnoticeably below your screens or monitors. The small soundbar has a separate subwoofer that is wire-connected which produces a solid rear bass that fills the whole room.
You can stream music from your smart TV, phone or any Bluetooth compatible device via the Bluetooth function to play through the speakers. It features a remote control that will make operating it easy aside from using the buttons available on the unit. When connected via the HDMI cable, HDMI ARC/CEC, you can use the TV remote control.
This HDMI ARC enabled device has a maximum power output of 180W for great sound performance and has multiple modes. It is the best soundbar to use for your gaming since the cinematic sound produced brings about an excellent immersive experience.
READ NEXT: Sound bars under £200
- This soundbar works well with medium size TV sets and has much better sound than TV's built-in speakers
- Comes remote operated with multiple sound modes, settings and controls
- Produces cinematic audio which means you get the best listening with these full range speakers
- When connected via the HDMI ARC/CEC, you can use the remote control meant for the TV.
- Also comes with an external wired subwoofer for powerful bass sound and main unit treble
- These HDMI enabled models can be connected wirelessly with a lot of different devices via Bluetooth input feature
- Slim body which means it can fit unnoticeably below the monitors and TVs.
- People might not like that it is expensive, and the wired subwoofer bass unit is not built-in which sounds inconvenient
Our pick number two is the new Two Channel Bluetooth Soundbar By LG Electronics brand. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating. Feel free to look at the prices and details on the link below.
LG is known for producing the best sound systems around the world. This LG LAS260B Soundbar is no different. It has a 2.0 channel and uses 100W to produce the best sound to watch your movies, show or play music or voice recordings in style.
The ultra slim body it portrays goes well with your Television set. Plus, it measures 17cm by 101cm by 14.5cm making it compact and wide enough to fit underneath your monitors and TV or even in front.
This unit has a Bluetooth connection support which allows you to stream your favorite music via the wireless eonnection enabled devices that you have your music stored. To operate the device, there is an LG Bluetooth remote application you obtain from the App store on your smartphone to control it. However, it does not have built-in subwoofer and even though it features optical cable connectivity, the optical cable is not included in the package.
READ NEXT: Top rated home safe reviews
- This surround sound bar system has smart Bluetooth connectivity with multiple modes and two channels
- This digital soundbar produces clear audio just the way you want, has great size and quality full range speakers
- This soundbar is designed ultra slim and beautiful to complement your TV
- This sound system uses 100w which means best sound production for movies and TV shows
- This easy to use soundbar has top technology for easy controls and connections
- This well designed midrange soundbar even comes with a 1 year warranty
- When the volume is high, it may sound a bit distorted
- Does not have built-in subwoofer included
- It’s not the best value soundbar since you need to get optical cable separately
Third place goes to the Wireless Bluetooth Soundbar By 1byone. We gave our choice number three a 4/5 star rating.
1byone Wireless Bluetooth Soundbar is able to blend perfectly into your entertainment setup. It is designed to be mounted anywhere in your house in accordance with your desire. The two wall brackets that come with this device enables you to attach it to the wall above your digital TV.
The sound produced is of high volume thanks to the 2.0 channel double 20W TV speakers. With its Bluetooth technology, you are allowed to stream your favourite music from a smartphone or Bluetooth-enabled devices in your possession.
You can connect this wall mounted speaker using audio input, AUX (RCA) cable, audio cable Line 3.5mm and an optical input for an optical cable on the soundbar. This multiple connection port makes it the preferred product because you have many options to pick from.
READ NEXT: Top rated hoverboard reviews
- Dual full range speakers for really good music streaming make it provide good value for the money
- Multiple connection ports, RCA AUX input cable, Line 3.5mm and an Optical input
- This wall mountable TV sound bar produces crisp, overall high-quality sound output
- This optical audio input enabled model is always effortless to use due to the remote that is included
- Flexible mounting feature means this compact soundbar is quick to set up
- This budget surround sound bar allows remote wireless connectivity
- It may take longer for this decent soundbar to load music from a USB connected devices.
- This product does not have a built-in bass subwoofer included.
Fourth best buy is the Remote Control Bluetooth Soundbar By Goodmans. We gave this option a 4.5/5 star rating. Feel free to search for deals, or look at the price range and details on the Amazon site link below.
With 2.0 channel audio, the Goodmans Remote Control Soundbar is known to bring about just the right music experience for your entertainment. It fits perfectly for use in your living room area or with your monitor given its slim dimensions (10.2cm x 3.4cm x 10.3cm). Its Bluetooth technology allows you to stream music and audio without a lot of stress.
You can also connect your smartphone or tablet for it to amplify the audio as loud and clear as you want. It comes with a remote control which will make it easier for you to operate. You will also love its 3.5mm jack and 3.6mm optical line cable which help in expanding your connectivity.
READ NEXT: The Best 32 Inch TVs
- Classic high power and clear sound thanks to the quality build
- Operate with ease and gives top value for the money
- Features optical connectivity input and other inputs
- Really good treble and bass thanks to the already overall powerful production
- Remote control included with this system
- It goes a long way to provide the price we need
- This budget soundbar features great size and flexible audio
- Affordable and also compact little soundbar
- Really good audio soundbar for TV, has music mode and movie mode
- Fully remote dependent, which people actually may not like
Fifth place on our list goes to the Bluetooth Soundbar By Trust. We gave this one a 4/5 star rating.
Do you struggle to hear audio from your computer, phone or tablet? Then this Trust 22257 Asto Wireless Soundbar is the best cheap soundbar to use to get a rich, mellow sound for your entertainment. The horizontal shape gives it an attractive design can set it perfectly below your TV screen or PC monitor.
You may expect to save on space when you mount it on the wall for excellent sound amplification, but you can even place it in front of the TV. It uses peak power 12W (6W RMS) to produce rich sounds around the room for your amusement regardless of the position placed. Its Bluetooth connectivity technology enables wireless connectivity so that you can playback music and other media from your other Bluetooth-enabled units.
You may also expect a direct connection to your PC or TV with the connectivity wires provided if you prefer the wired connections. Volume and other mode settings can be adjusted by the use of the illuminated controls bar. It has other connectivity options (headphone and microphone) on its side so that you are able to enjoy your music to the fullest. You will see it provides top performance with those inputs.
Also, you don’t have to worry about power loss when you leave it on in your absence. It features a smart power management function which automatically switches off when no longer in use after 30 minutes. You may come back and continue using it. However, this wal mounted soundbar comes without a remote, which users may not like.
- These wall mounting TV speakers offer Bluetooth connectivity
- This sound bar features multiple connecting port for a full range of wireless connection options and controls
- These budget soundbars provide energy saving standby mode which shows to save far more energy than others
- This wall mountable soundbar choice features illuminated volume knob
- These home speakers are simple to use, control and also feature decent low bass
- This wall mountable space saver has high quality wired connection option for TVs
- Popular device that will provide good audio and low bass output
- The Trust 22257 Asto is a small soundbar
- Remote is not included which users may not like
Sixth best buy soundbar is the 20W Wireless Soundbar By Trust. We gave this one a 3.5/5 star rating. Feel free to review the price range and details on the link below.
For you to experience live music and captivating dialogues, the Trust Lino Bluetooth Wireless soundbar is ideal for this use. The sound produced by the speakers is powerful and rich. Its compact build fits perfectly below or above your PC or TV screen to create a stylish look in your room.
With its peak power at 20W (10W RMS), you can expect a clear virtual surround sound experience every time. You may connect it to a wide range of other gadgets via Bluetooth any time to fully enjoy your favorite music on a higher volume.
Also, there are other ports to connect the speaker via 3.5mm aux (RCA) inputs, micro-SD (integrated MP3 player) or via USB cable input. It has a quite large, visible and easy to reach volume knob. Also, it is able to run for 10 long hours non-stop when fully charged with the cable that is included.
- 20W peak power (10 W RMS)
- This unit easily supports long hours of much better music listening
- This virtual surround sound bar features a well made, sleek case
- Visible and easy to reach volume knob
- This compact unit delivers powerful, stereo rich audio and bass
- This surround sound speaker works wirelessly and has good connectivity inputs like AUX RCA, MicroSD and USB
- Great space saver thanks to the compact design it has
- Only connects with 3.5mm jack, without other connection options
- Only requires a USB cable for power, but it is included
Seventh best option is the USB Powered Stereo Speaker By Trust. We gave this option a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price range, deals and details on the link below.
The Trust B103497 Asto PC Soundbar Speaker is ideal to use in your office or home. Still one of the best budget soundbars, it provides virtual surround sound experience and bluetooth connectivity. Its impressive design will make it blend in easily and discreetly below your monitor and does not interfere with your work in any way. It is placed horizontally to save space on your desk. With the 12W peak power, the sound produced is powerful and rich.
You do not require wall power for this Trust Asto to function since it is powered by a USB cable. This is one of the digital devices that is simple to install because it does not have any technical difficulties or drivers and it’s a one-man’s job. You only need to connect and start using it.
This model has ports that allow you to listen to a wide range of high-quality music at all times. Also, its volume can be adjusted via the illuminated button at one end for greater convenience.
- Easy to install in your home or office and easy to control
- Great mellow sound produced, solid bass to enhance your experience
- Features microphone and headphone connection options for your convenience
- Great design to give your desk great style
- This best buy soundbar is USB cable powered
- This little soundbar offers decent audio so you are able to stream music and enjoy
- A small soundbar meant for limited sound production
- Customer reviews dislike that it does not have a subwoofer
Sound Bar Buying Guide
Watching your Freeview recorder or DVD player on a 32 inch TV is great. But it gets better with a soundbar under £200 and gets more interesting if the screen is on a TV wall mount. It will feel like you are in a cinema.
If you are looking to save some money with a soundbar below £100, ensure you get a quality model. We will show you how to go about it.
Benefits of getting sound bars under £100
Most times we struggle with the sound produced by the television set and PCs or even smartphone and tablets. Having a soundbar helps improve the sound quality. So having a soundbar under £100 will make audibility easy.
The soundbars for TVs are very affordable if you do not have enough to get a huge sound system, this is the ideal option you have to try. There is the best cheap soundbar in this soundbar review that has all the features that you require. Most of these sound bars come in a great design to complement your television/PC set up design.
Factors to consider when buying a soundbar under £100
There are many things to consider and reasons behind the choices. The level of sound produced the best soundbars for TVs below the price £100 discussed can match a 20W peak power and are 2.0 channel audio for mellow, rich and powerful sound for immersive experience. Still, the too loud sound bars might be best used in homes where you want to experience live music, movie streaming or hyped experience.
The size and design of the soundbar are also something to consider. They determine how and where you place the soundbar. For discretion, small budget soundbars work best. The design of the soundbars for TVs lets you know if you can mount it on the wall above your TV screen or below.
Soundbars for TVs are best mounted horizontally. Another important thing is to choose the best budget soundbar that lets you conveniently position as you desire. Connectivity of the soundbar matters to expand your entertainment related horizons. The above-discussed soundbars below £100 can be connected wirelessly by Bluetooth and the best sound bars have multiple ports where you can connect your audio devices for sound amplification.
Sound Bar Buying FAQs
Q: How are these soundbars operated?
A: Some of the soundbars add a remote that controls them and others deliver control panels on the devices.
Q: Are the soundbars easy to operate?
A: Yes, these top soundbars below the price of £100 are so much easier to install and operate. You just need to connect to the unit that needs sound amplification.
Q: Which is better between a soundbar and a sound base?
A: It is not easy to find the best budget soundbase. However, this is never the case with a bit cheaper sound bar as it is readily available and in many brands and varieties.