10 Best Quiet Kettles Reviews UK 2020 - Top-Rated Models Compared
Last Updated on September 8, 2020
Whether you're a tea or coffee person, a nice beverage in the morning is the perfect way to start the day. But what if your tranquillity gets ruined when you get to the kitchen, turn the kettle on, and hear a dreadful racket coming from it?
Chances are you need a replacement, and luckily for you - we were able to review the best quietest kettles of 2020. Continue reading if you require finding a kettle that works well for the occasion of making drinks while people are sleeping or you just don’t want to disturb the baby.
Best Quiet Kettles On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best quiet kettle is this electric glass kettle by ASCOT. This water boiler glass design uses advanced heating technology and 3000W concealed heating elements to ensure fast and efficient heating in only 5 minutes.
With borosilicate glass housing and food-grade stainless steel lid and base, the ASCOT electric teapot is also equipped with an anti-scalding handle and temperature-controlled chassis made of high-quality plastic, ensured that you'll have maximum risk-free security. Many of today’s innovative quiet kettles use blue LED illumination, but this appliance's glass is all clear so you can enjoy looking boil water.
The glass electric kettle will automatically turn off the heating element when the water boils or is exhausted during use, which proves to be very energy-efficient. With 1 7l capacity, this quiet electric kettle will help to make your life more convenient and much easier, all the while being noise-free.
Besides all the advantages posed in design, ergonimics, functionality and quality; this product conned the 'quietest kettle', will make a wonderful addition to your lovely kitchen since it's as elegant as it gets.
- This quiet water kettle is made from all food-grade material, so you shouldn't worry about drinking the water.
- The removable filter in the spout is silicone with a metal mesh, so it's relatively easy to clean the kettle.
- The mesh filter in the spout makes for really good pouring.
- The quiet boil function in this kettle ensures that your cup of tea will be in your hands before you even know the water is boiled!
- Even though this quiet boil kettle is made of highly resistant glass, some consumers have reported that they witnessed cracks and tears after some time of use.
The reviews of kettles from Argos usually place Russell Hobbs products on top of their list, since they're designed to provide kettles with the best features that are easy to use, have good temperature control, keep warm, and most importantly - are very quiet. Such a product is the Quiet Boil Kettle that serves to be a hot favourite among people who value peace with their brew. A proper coating on the base plate works with a diffused ring to break up the bubbles making them smaller. Smaller bubbles mean up to 75 per cent less noise than previous models without this technology.
Moreover, the removable washable limescale filter will keep your brew tasting amazing, being fitting for those living in hard water areas. With a 1 7l capacity jug, it’s big enough to make up to seven cups, making it ideal for larger family homes. Suitable for both right-handed and left-handed users, the 360-degree base means no matter where your new kettle lives, it's always within easy reach.
- The brushed stainless steel kettle promotes a fast boil, so you won't have to stick around waiting for a long time.
- This silent kettle is also very easy to clean, due to its large opening.
- The kettle won't discolour regardless of use or age.
- The lid release mechanism might get stiff or unreliable over time.
- The quiet operation in this line of electric kettles seems to wear out after some time of extensive use.
Another great line of kettles, quiet boil equipped, is the 23211 Electric model by Russell Hobbs. Upgrading its safety features and quiet operation, these electric kettles are equipped with a rapid boil zone technology, that can boil water for one cup in just 45 seconds.
Equipped with a concealed heating element and ideal pour water spout, it is a very elegant kettle that goes well with any kitchen. You can also count in cups with the Luna kettle, to ensure you always have enough boiling water to cater for everyone.
Thanks to its efficient cup settings, you will save up to 66 per cent energy while boiling water for one cup rather than a 1 7l (full capacity). You’ll never dread the tea or coffee run again, but instead, you’ll watch in wonder as your water kettle boils. If you’re ready to shop for your first quiet kettle but you're feeling a little overwhelmed with all the fancy functions and features, this classical kettle is just the right choice for you.
- Boil dry protection in case you hit the switch without filling it first.
- Removable, washable filter that you can clean and put back easily.
- Two years guarantee plus 1 year when registered online.
- It is not appropriate for hard water areas as it is prone to limescale build-up.
One of the best quiet kettles, electric built with great design, is the Quiet Mark affirmed Bottega kettle by Tower. The 3000 W power capacity in this quiet electric kettle makes sure you can rapidly boil water for utmost efficiency, while a 1 7l capacity boils up to seven cups at once.
The built-in quiet-boil technology also lets you heat your water with minimal disruption, making the kettle ideal for large households, offices or public living spaces.
This kettle is made from sturdy white-coated stainless steel and equipped with elegant rose gold accents design, for a stylish finish. A temperature dial on the body further adds to this kettle’s unique look, making it both a sturdy and eye-catching addition to your kitchen.
Also, if you're interested in an extra addition such as toasters or microwaves, you can purchase both as a bundle.
- This line of quiet electric kettles promotes boil-dry protection optimum safety.
- The automatic switch-off kettle features render efficient spending and make the product easy to use.
- It is certified by Quiet Mark, therefore it is one of the best quiet kettles on the market.
- Some consumers have reported that the kettle suffered some leakage after some time.
- The rose gold addition might flake off due to overuse.
The 1 7l capacity, the electric kettle from iconic housewares brand Swan is the best quiet kettle choice for those who like to be a little more classic with their interior design choices.
With stainless steel build, chic and stylish, this appliance is not just a pretty face offering an effective, economical solution to brewing up. Its cordless design means it's easily moved around the kitchen or office, and its 360-degree base promotes returning it to its station with no hassle.
This electric kettle comes in three models, including Jug, Dome and Pyramid. Thanks to its wide openings, this line of kettles are also very easy to clean. Making sure that you are always prepared for unexpected guests, its vast range of modern and traditional designed kettles offer a style for every type of kitchen. With fast boil functions, easy pour spouts and range of different capacity, you will always have enough water for the task at hand.
- The safety features this quiet kettle provides include automatic cut-off and boil dry protection.
- This line of quiet kettles contains a removable limescale filter for clear water and cord storage.
- The concealed heating element in this stylish kettle makes cleaning a simpler task, protecting the heating element from limescale and helping to ensure the water tastes fresh.
- The kettle is not very durable, as people have reported that its base dented, and the top rim of the kettle chipped in numerous places after some time.
- If left unattended for a long time, the kettle can produce steam overload.
Among the best quiet kettles in the online market, is also the IKICH Illuminated quiet mark kettle that's functional as much as it's modern. Combined with high strength borosilicate glass design and 304 stainless steel, this kettle ensures that all parts in contact with water are made of food-grade materials, so you shouldn't have to worry about the water tasting funny.
With its attractive LED indicator that turns on once the water has boiled, soft blue light that engulfs the water and visible glass design, this line of quiet kettles might just make you want to brew a cup of tea!
Moreover, thanks to its 1 7l water capacity and boiling process, you'll be able to serve up to seven cups of beverages in under 5 minutes. The kettle also contains a unique anti-splash design with tiny angle optimization to prevent splash during operation, so the entire boil process will be pleasurable as it is functional.
- A wide mouth makes the filling and cleaning process easier.
- The stay-cool ergonomic handle, and the separable base make serving and cable storage very convenient.
- Some consumers reported that they encountered cracks or breaks of the lid.
Another product that made it on the best quiet kettles list is also the Silent Glass Kettle by Aigostar. With its 2200W powerful motor, this quiet kettle takes a shorter time to boil water. Its 1 7l capacity makes up to 6-8 cups, big enough for your daily water requirement and your family.
Thanks to its high-quality borosilicate glass design, your cup of tea will be able to keep warm for longer periods, all the while making the kettle very durable and stain-resistant.
Other important kettle features that this product provides include temperature control and safety characteristics. Thanks to its boil dry protection, the kettle will not turn on without water or with water less than 0.5l. Moreover, It will shut off automatically once the water is boiled. An ultrafine double action filter for clear water and a cleaner kettle is also provided, making the best of the taste in water and ensuring maximum health to your family.
- The concealed heating element prolongs the life of the kettle.
- The lid will open with a simple touch on the bottom on the handle, which can avoid scalding and warm button.
- The 360-degree base is ideal both for left and right-handed users.
- The power fuse might become faulty over longer time use.
- Due to its lower power values, it is relatively slower than usual fast boil kettles.
Combining traditional styling with modern functionality, the Russell Hobbs Legacy Kettle is modelled on the original K1 kettle, yet its range of features fixes it firmly in the 21st century.
Thanks its rapid boil feature, you will be able to enjoy your cup of tea much quicker than many standard kettles, making it the ideal kettle for when you need a brew and quickly. This quiet kettle has great temperature control because thanks to its keep warm function, ensures that the boiled water stays hot for longer.
Moreover, the 1 7l capacity lets you make more hot drinks under 5 minutes, without the need to refill - a feature that's ideal for when you are entertaining. Be it with friends or family, a morning wake me up or a mid-day pick me up everybody loves a good brew and the Legacy kettle lets you do it stylishly. Due to its 360 degree base with cord storage for easy accessibility, this kettle will fit perfectly anywhere in your kitchen.
- Removable, washable filter to remove impurities for a cleaner brew.
- This kettle reduces the boiling noise by up to 70 per cent (when tested against other Russell Hobbs kettles without quiet boil technology)
- The kettles' design provides perfect pour sprout.
- The kettles' interior is made of (detachable) plastic, so you might witness some weird water taste.
- If you don't use the descaler every once a month, the quiet kettle might stop working due to limescale build-up.
If you're looking for a kettle to enchant your kitchen with trendy retro-chic, then this product is just what you need. Thanks to its stylish combination of high-quality with lacquered stainless steel, the 3000 W kettle is a real eye-catcher anywhere you place it.
Moreover, this kettle is made of food-grade 304 stainless steel body and BPA-free food-contact materials, so no plastic is in contact with hot water. Making it on the list as one of the best quiet boil kettles, along with its great design and functionality, this kettle is a must-have for all households.
Furthermore, this stainless steel electric kettle uses the concealed heating element that can boil the entire 1 7l capacity in just 5 minutes. You can walk away to focus on other things due to its auto shut off and boil-dry protection function. The power base on this kettle contains a 27-inch power cord for flexible placement, plus cord wrap for compact storage.
- Its anti-scald handle, separate lid, and spout filter are made under strict quality standards, so the water boil kettle is durable.
- Its cordless design allows for easy filling and serving.
- The round spout makes pouring very easy and efficient.
- This kettle does not do well with hard water, as it is very prone to limescale build-up.
- Its shut off button seems to be malfunctioning over time.
Last but not least, this electric kettle by FIMEI is one of the best quiet kettles on the market. Its stainless steel build, compared with borosilicate glass, makes the kettle more resistant, all the while extending its service life. Most importantly, all parts in contact with water are made of food-grade materials. Besides being safe and durable, its accurate measurement of water temperature feature will automatically power off the kettle within 30 seconds of boiling water to help you reject uncooked water. The kettle's capacity is 1 7l.
Using advanced heating technology and 2200W concealed heating elements, FIMEI's electric kettle improves the gap between the lid and the handle, reducing steam leakage and ensuring rapid and efficient heating in a matter of minutes.
Its charming soft blue light and visible glass design show you the process of boiling water, and after it's boiled, the light will automatically go out as a reminder. Visible measurement lines give you a clear view of water capacity, so the whole process is very functional.
- Thanks to its large calibre, you can put your hands inside to clean it, so cleaning and maintaining the kettle becomes much easier than before.
- The built-in filter ensures the water's taste is good, giving you purer water.
- It is very budget-friendly, compared to the features it provides.
- Since the lid is plastic, it can be prone to damage due to overuse, and not fit securely to the main body.
- Once detached, the filter is hard to be attached properly again.
- Limescale build-up is obvious with the glass design.
Kettles are one of the most important appliances for your kitchen so, besides durability, productivity and functionality, several other characteristics make a kettle deserving of praise. Because we spend so much of our time brewing beverages, whether we're alone or surrounded by friends and family, a noiseless kettle is essential. There are a few features to bear in mind when choosing a quiet kettle, and if you don't have the faintest idea about what those are, it's alright, since we're here to help.
Quiet Mark is the international approval award programme associated with the UK Noise Abatement Society charitable foundation.
It encourages companies worldwide to prioritise noise reduction within the design of everyday machines and appliances, and find solutions to noise problems to benefit health and well being.
Through scientific testing and assessment, Quiet Mark identifies the quietest products in a given category giving consumers a more informed choice about the products they buy. So, if you see that a kettle has a Quiet Mark certificate, then rest assured, it has been tested and deemed that it's within the quietest levels possible for a kettle (Yes, that exists!).
What is it Made of?
The standard element that ordinarily constitutes kettles is stainless steel, whereas the interior is made of food-grade materials. They're great layering components, as they guarantee that the kettle won't flake or waste away with time, and the water won't taste of metal.
However, some kettles are entirely made of plastic and glass (that is not borosilicate), thus being prone to breaks, tears, and limestone build-up. Due to poor insulation, these products make a lot of noise as well, with the cost outweighing the benefits.
If this is a problem for you, it's better to save up and buy a better quality kettle, then settle for a cheaper one that you will curse over after. You can get a good quality kettle starting at 35£ with even fancier ones at 80£.
Most kettles have a 1 5l or 1 7l capacity, which means that you need to fill it up to that amount at a time. However, it is important to look for the kettles' minimum fill and/or cup options. All the while being more energy-efficient, kettles that have a cup boiling operation rather than the whole amount, promote less limescale build-up, which translates to less noise. The more water you boil the more you're gonna have to clean after, so if you're someone who often makes tea for one, you should consider kettles that support less water boil.
Q: How does a quiet boil kettle work?
A: To properly keep quiet, a kettle needs to be fitted with an element that has a much larger surface area exposed to the water. These elements normally serve as insulators and are usually low on watts and density. This happens because the surface of the element doesn't exceed 100 degrees until the water is very close to boiling temperature. Now, the noise that some kettles make, is caused by tiny steam bubbles that form inside this surface and collapse on the surface of the element. A quiet kettle serves the purpose of blocking these bubbles from forming, therefore causing less noise.
Q: How can I make my electric kettle quiet?
A: You can make your electric kettle quiet using some methods. One important thing to note is the fact that scale buildup due to hard water or limestone, covers the kettle's layer element, and causes it to run hotter than normal. When this happens, it insulates the interior coating and allows more tiny steam bubbles to form and cause noise. This is why you should always descale your kettles because you might be blocking out one of the most important features - that is, keeping quiet. Some manufacturers provide with limescale cleaning products, but you can do most of those at home. The best rinses that have proved to be successful include the vinegar, citric acid and lemon juice rinse.
Some people have tried other methods as well. If you're familiar with rubberised undercoating spray, you'll know that it is primarily used in cars to prevent rust and limit the noise from the road. When used on a stainless steel kettle, a rubberized undercoating spray offers comparable perks. Other sound-deadening materials such as mats or cloths can also be used to eliminate the noise. You should simply put the material under the base of the kettle or its surrounding surface, and you should expect better results.