Best Hob To Oven Pan Reviews UK 2020 - Top-Rated Models Compared
Last Updated on September 6, 2020
Whether you want to try new recipes or are merely looking for a more practical cooking experience, a hob to oven pan is a necessity in every kitchen. They're generally more durable, offer better cooking results, and promote better productivity rates with each meal. There are a few components that make a pan suitable for both a hob and an oven, but we'll get to that later.
First, we'll showcase the best products of 2020, so you can have a faint idea of what awaits you out there.
Best Hob To Oven Pans On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best hob to oven pans are manufactured by Circulon, with a pioneering hard anodised technology in the form of 30 cm shallow casseroles. According to the manufacturers, Circulon's shallow casseroles are twice as strong as stainless steel ones, while delivering outstanding durability. The long-lasting dish will not only last for years but promote an even and efficient heat distribution throughout its surface as well. Thanks to its non-stick coating, you can use little to no oil and cook your next masterpiece with maximum ease.
The oven-safe casserole dish by Circulon is also suitable with all hob types, including induction or gas. The cast-iron pan is also incredibly durable to heat, maintaining an even heat distribution for at temperatures as high as 204°C. Moreover, its dishwasher safe components will make sure that you can easily wash the pan and not linger with the excessive oil build-up on its cooking surface. And lastly, its PFOA-free construction will further bear a lifetime guarantee that efficient, safe and versatile cooking will be provided with every course.
- It maintains a fast heat-up rate and even heat distribution through the cooking.
- It's lead-free and cadmium-free, being on par with the current health standard.
- Its soft-grip handle ensures easier manoeuvrability.
- It contains hi-low circular grooves that significantly reduce abrasion by creating a non-stick coating.
- Its transparent tempered glass lid locks all its nutrients and flavour while allowing you to keep an eye on your cooking.
- Several customers noted that the handles in this pan tend to get too hot after more substantial use.
- Its glass lid rim is prone to grease build-up which may be harder to clean.
Another exquisite kitchenware in the form of a frying pan comes from Tefal and employs a titanium non-stick coating that's to die for. Reinforced by titanium particles, the non-stick surface within the frying container is granted to last 24 times longer than regular iron pans while being ultra-resistant to scratches and guaranteed for life. For added versatility, you can get the all-in-one pan set that includes a vented glass lid, and stainless-steel steamer and skimmer.
As for its design, you'll be pleased to know that its extra deep sides are convenient; prompting you to use the utensil as a pan, a pot, a wok, a rice cooker or a baking and roasting dish. Whether your cooker has induction hobs or gas ones, the dishwasher safe pan by Tefal will match them all. And to help you with cooking great meals at every try, the manufacturers have included a Thermo-Spot heat indicator that notifies you when your pan has reached the optimum temperature to start cooking.
- It can sustain heat for as much as 250°C.
- Its excellent base spreads heat evenly on all types of hob, including gas, electric, ceramic and induction.
- Its visible Thermo-Spot indicator serves a pre-heating function.
- Its non-stick coating is metal utensil-friendly, so you won't have to worry about scratching.
- Its handles are reliable and comfortable to hold, offering a favourable grip.
- It comes without a lid (unless you purchase the whole set).
- Some customers noted that its bowed base makes for the contents inside the pan to be moved to its side rather than the centre.
Being among the best cast iron pans in the market, this model by Villeroy and Boch is a more than welcomed addition to any kitchen. Employing a generous 4.2-litre capacity, the pot is ideal for either high-temperature searing or slow homestyle cooking. Besides being compatible with all hob types including induction hobs, the pot has a compact diameter of 24 cm, which will fit comfortably (and safely!) into most kitchen ovens.
The gorgeous-looking range of cast iron pans includes a self-basting pan lid that is adorned with a stylish stainless steel knob. The transparent cast iron lid will make sure that your cooking will get all of its nutrients while maintaining a lush form. Being among the best budget-friendly choices out there, the Vivo line of casserole cast iron pots is not only built to last but also designed to avoid damaging your worktops - giving you the absolute best of both worlds.
- Can sustain a heat of as much as 230°C, both in hobs and ovens.
- Its black matte design fits perfectly with most kitchen designs.
- Several customers have noted that the cast iron pot works perfectly as a Dutch oven to make bread.
- It's provided with a detailed set of instructions that make the usage more comfortable.
- Good value for money.
- It is not dishwasher safe, so you must hand wash it carefully.
- It doesn't include a non-stick surface so that you might experience some hassle cooking.
If your idea of the best hob to oven kitchenware is tightly connected to brand legacy, then this casserole dish by MasterClass might be your best choice. Its revolutionary non-stick aluminium cast takes the heat distribution abilities of traditional cast irons and gives it a lightweight touch that makes it easier to handle. With a stainless steel base, this oven-safe casserole dish is suitable with all induction hobs or other stovetop types.
Thanks to its two layers of anti-scratch and non-stick cooking surface, you can rest assured that Masterclass' casserole dish will provide with excellent abrasion resistance, for however long you use it. Furthermore, the included self-basting lid is designed with a few bumps that help to keep moisture in the pan, providing rich stews and extra-moist, slow-cooked meals. Guaranteed to render maximum customer satisfaction, the manufacturers have provided with a 25-year warranty, that will give the highly praised casserole dish the loyalty it deserves.
- It is dishwasher-safe and very durable for cleaning materials.
- Its large 20 cm opening makes for easier manoeuvrability with the cooking.
- The lightweight build it supports makes handling easy.
- It has a cooking capacity of 2.5 litres, which is just enough for medium to large families.
- Its oven-safe features support a 200°C temperature.
- Its handles were noted to get too hot while oven cooking.
- Some costumers reported that the lid provided didn't fit properly with the dish.
- It is not the best choice for high-temperature cooking.
If you want to go back in time reminiscing your grandma's stew on the silly-looking round pot, then this your best choice. The premium quality casserole dish by Dawsons Living employs a traditional-looking round design that's partnered with sturdy handles for ease of use. The cast iron dutch oven is practical and suitable with any heating source, whether it's gas, halogen, radiant ring or induction. And thanks to its robust oven-safe materials, the cooking pan prompts you to effortlessly take your Sunday lunch out of the hob and into the oven.
The Dawsons Living dish applies a sleek design with circular ribs on the tight-fitting lid that is not only appealing to look at but pleasant to worth with as well. With variation being its top-notch quality, the casserole dishes come in three different sizes and several other colours. Specifically, its deep design employs both a 5.2-litre and 2.7-litre capacity, while its shallow counterpart suffices a load of 3.4-litres.
- It's shipped with a ten-year warranty by Dawsons Living.
- It is the number one bestseller for griddle pans in Amazon.
- It can maintain a 240°C oven temperature, and a gas mark 9.
- Several customers were delighted with its heat distribution.
- It is not dishwasher safe, so careful hand-washing-washing must be applied.
- Some reviews noted that the dish is prone to get flakes and chips on its sides.
A large frying pan that can withhold several ingredients at a time is a blessing for a lot of chefs who are accustomed to batch cooking. Following those principles, this 3.4-litre casserole pan is ideal for larger households who enjoy lovely dishes on the heavier side. Thanks to its straight sides, the Procook frying pans can hold large amounts of liquid while its short handles ensure that the frying pan can fit into most oven types. And thanks to its dishwasher safe materials, you can easily store away the frying pan after you're done with the cooking.
Forged from a 3.8 mm aluminium, the body of the casserole frying pan is sturdy yet lightweight, thus favouring easier use and maintenance. Moreover, the ProCook non-stick coating is also PFOA-free and reinforced with titanium bits, providing a safe cooking surface that is guaranteed to generate the best dishes with little to no fat. On the other hand, its close-fitting sturdy glass lid lets you seal the heat, juices, flavours and nutrients inside the non-stick pan while keeping a close eye on the food.
- The frying pan and lid are safe with oven temperatures of 240°C.
- Its ergonomic handles maintain a CoolTouch feature that lets you safely control the non-stick pan.
- It contains a stainless steel base that makes it suitable for all oven and hob types.
- It comes with a 25-year warranty by ProCook.
Good value for money.
- Several customers noted that metallic utensils should not be used with these frying pans, as they tend to be prone to scratches.
- Some reviews stated that they disliked the way that its domed base made the liquids or fat accumulate to the edges as opposed to the centre.
ProCook adds another elegant kitchenware to the list of the best hob to oven pans currently on the market. The cast-iron dish is suitable for steadily and evenly releasing heat through the non-stick surface, proving to be ideal for slowly cooking stews, ragouts, cassoulets or tajines. Thanks to its close-fitting lid, the cooked juices and flavours will stay put inside the pan, while the budgets on the bottom gather moisture and make it fall straight back into the dish.
The shallow 28 cm casserole dish employs a broad base and a capacity of 3.9-litres which is ideal for medium families who enjoy a slow-cooked dinner or nicely-baked treats. Promoting a lifetime guarantee, induction non-stick dish is made from incredibly durable cast iron that's both reliable and practical. Moreover, the casserole dish is coated with a solid enamel cover which protects the cast iron, prevents rusting and makes it easier to clean. The non-stick pan is shipped with a lid that integrates a large stainless steel knob which makes it easy to lift without fear of dropping it.
- It contains a smooth and flat base that keeps its internal contents together and can fit easily in hobs and oven.
- It's shipped with a 25-year warranty by ProCook.
- Its wide handles make the picking up and transferring the pans easier.
- It is suitable for all types of hob, including gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction and solid plate.
- It can take up to 260°C in the oven or hob heat temperatures.
- Some customers reported that their ProCook pans started flaking after some months of purchase.
- You should only loose wooden or plastic utensils, as you can easily scratch the interior of the pans.
Another phenomenal non-stick range of pans by Tefal has expertly made it on the list, due to its excellent features and splendid quality. The six-layered stainless steel pans employ a non-stick coating with a hard layer base and smooth top. Thanks to its tall shape and integrated pouring rim, you can rest assured that you will never have to settle for less than an optimal drip-free pouring ever again. Coming as a never-seen-before innovation, the pans include an integrated thermo-gauge that indicates when the device has reached the optimal frying temperature to start cooking.
Furthermore, it's important to note that its strong, encapsulated base is fit for use on all induction cookers or other hob types, proving to be incredibly efficient with all households. Moreover, the stainless steel cast has revolutionised the non-stick characteristics, as it can fry at 260°C with absolute ease. The non-scratch features are also held religiously, as you can use whatever metallic utensil you please and be marvelled away at the smooth, non-affected stainless steel finish.
- Its riveted stainless steel handle is exceptionally ergonomic and a fan favourite among customers.
- The PTFE cast-coated pans are guaranteed to last the trials of time.
- It contains the most reliable non-stick and non-scratch features.
- Several customers noted that they loved the even heat distribution within these pans.
- Due to its non-stick stainless steel build, it is effortless to clean and maintain.
- Some customers regarded that the Teflon pans had started chipping after some use, causing an apparent silicone smell that accompanied the meals.
In case you've been looking for a good-quality set of pans rather than a single product then this range of skillet frying pans by Nuovva is the right choice for you. The heavy-duty cast-iron pans employ an even distribution of the heat that improves the cooking and frying, even on grills, stoves or various hob types. The pre-seasoned non-stick pans promote a healthier lifestyle by requiring tiny amounts of fat to prepare delicious dishes.
Championing in even distribution of the heat, the non-stick pans can be used to sear, fry, sauté, grill, roast, bake, braise and also broil, with guaranteed tasty results. On top of their versatility, you can rest assured that the non-stick pans are incredibly reliable and durable as well. For that, you can trust Amazon's rating that has adequately labelled these pans as the best cast-iron skillets on its platform to date.
- The pans' chemical-free plant oil coating supports an ever-lasting non-stick using experience.
- The packaging comes with three skillet pans sized at 15, 20 and 25 cm.
- They're incredibly versatile and can sustain temperatures of as much as 200°C.
- Good value for money.
- The pans must be hand-washed only, using natural soaps and oils while excluding hard detergents.
- The pans don't come supplied with lids, which may be an inconvenience for some.
Following Amazon's certified selection, this induction pan by Sky Light is among the best-reviewed saute pans that are fit for various hob types and different oven heats. Its eco-stone derived coating offers an incredible non-stick experience on top of the intense scratch resistance. What's also interesting about these pans is that their bottom's outer layer features a magnetic energy gathering ring that's used to deliver an even and fast heat conduction.
The multi-functional deep frying pan contains a 4-litre capacity that's suitable with cooking several meals to absolute perfection. Moreover, the non-stick pan also employs a three-layered composite base that is compatible with induction, gas, electric and glass ovens. Lastly, the pan's included high-quality lid promotes a robust and shock-resistant experience while its integrated stainless steel handle is astonishingly easy to grasp, anti-skid and oven-safe.
- Its non-stick interior and outside coating promotes more accessible washing practices.
- It is dishwasher-safe and cleaning products'-friendly.
- According to the manufacturers, the pans are 100% without PTFE, APEO and POFA, while excluding the lesser-known chemicals NMP and NE too.
- Its included hook handles are very ergonomic and heat-resistant.
- Its surface is very gritty as opposed to the usual smooth standard.
- Its base bulges significantly, which may be problematic for some recipes.
By showcasing the most preeminent pans that are suitable with both hobs and ovens, we have carefully conducted the most important features to look for. Besides capacity, price and design which are entirely up to you; there are a few hallmarks that must be stressed when buying a hob to an oven pan.
- Compatible Base - A recurring myth shared between many kitchenware users is that a stove pan can sustain the hob heat as long as its temperature levels are below the average. Of course, we know that such a remark is incorrect because a pan must have a particular design that is specially produced to suit hobs. You may notice this on the manufacturers' descriptions, where they state that a pan's base or bottom line is coated with heat-sustaining materials called ferromagnetic metals; that mostly include cast iron and stainless steel.
- Heat Distribution - It is of absolute importance that a frying pot, dish or pan is to ensure that it distributes heat evenly through its entire surface, minimising hot spots or stick-prone areas. The best pans that supply with this hallmark contain stainless steel, titanium or aluminium coating.
- Non-Stick and Non-Scratch - If you're someone who cooks on the daily, you'll know how tiring it is to go at the kitchen sink and deal with an almost unwashable pan. To avoid that, you need to concretely look for PTFE materials that are mostly known by their market name of Teflon. These coatings are usually very sustainable, preventing food from sticking to the pan and promoting less fat usage. However, because they're coatings and not base materials, they may be prone to chipping or flaking after some use.
- Temperature sustainability - Many of the 'accidents' happening with hob to oven pots and pans are easily preventable if only the product's description is read carefully. Buyers tend to think that just because a pan is compatible with both hobs and oven, it can sustain maximum temperature levels of either appliance. However, that is not the case with most products, because they have a specific temperature range that they can support. Usually, any pan that is marked as suitable for temperatures above 200°C is more than ideal. For the best results, you should always try to minimise the heat levels used with your cooking, as you are not only promoting a better maintaining of the utensil but using less energy on the process too.
Q: What pans can go from stove to oven?
A: Some pan materials are very durable all-round, being able to sustain heat from both hobs and ovens. Most stainless-steel pans and some titanium-coated pans can smoothly go from stove to oven. Still, you should always read the manufacturer's specifications and check to see if their product is suitable for both appliances.
Q: Can you put an oven dish on the hob?
A: As long as its base is finished with heat-sustaining materials then yes, you can. However, this is only applicable for pans that explicitly state that they're compatible with different hob types. Regular casserole pots that are coated with an all-ceramic or enamel build are not suited with the direct heat from the hob so that they might break or cause hazards on the run.
Q: What kind of pans do professional chefs use?
A: Because chefs have the means and options to change their kitchenware now and then, durability is not a hallmark that they're interested in. Instead, several sources point to a striking interest on smoother, non-stick pans that allow for a more fulfilling cooking experience. Those features are mostly provided by cast-iron pans or hard anodised pots, so that is what you should primarily aim for.