10 Best Heated Clothes Airer Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
Last Updated on September 8, 2020
Cold and wet weather can make it difficult for clothes to dry on time. Rather than place clothes on the radiator to dry, how about purchasing a heated clothes airer?
It’s energy efficient and effectively removes moisture from clothes leaving no room for mould to grow. Our best heated clothes airer review will help you choose the right one for your needs.
Best Heated Clothes Airer On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best heated clothes airer is the Lightweight Heated Clothes Airer By Lakeland. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
Thhis unit is one of the many indoor clothes airers that stands itself out as a very effective one. Offering a lot of drying space and all of the attachments needed to facilitate comfortable and smooth clothes drying you can use this heated air dryer for as long as it is well maintained. Coming at a very affordable price, this electric dryer comes looking all portable and comprehensive.
This model comes with a flat primary table which is made up of metal construction. That is why it can take a large number of items at a time. This metal construction goes on to affect the overall build of this dryer making it very strong and compatible.
It measures 63 x 63 x 145 centimetres and weighs just 3kg making it a perfect product for easy manoeuvre. With a cord length of 168cm and a laundry capacity of around 10kg, this is an ideal model that will give you value for money. It is easy to install while its use does not consume too much energy.
- This is a low energy consumption dryer - less than 6p per hour to run
- Well designed so when it works it is thoroughly heated
- These models come at a very affordable price
- Large drying space with a maximum wash load of 10kg
- These models are safe to run all night and day.
- A high cost is needed to maintain this electric device
Second best best heated clothes airer is the Deluxe 3-Tier Heated Clothes Dryer By Dry Soon. We gave this Dry Soon heated airer a 4.5/5 star rating.
Coming as 2nd pick on this top 10 heated drying device review is the Dry Soon Deluxe 3-Tier Heated Airer. It comes in 3 different layers while it is made from solid and firm material. As a Dry Soon clothes , this airer can take in a whole lot of items per time and have it dry within the shortest period. It is a very trusted one considering its brand and the many views of people in several heated drying device reviews.
You will love the design of this Dry Soon Deluxe device with around five different setup stages. All of these stages include the assembling and installation of the dryer. With these stages already well designed, setting up becomes very easy. The maximum expandable capacity of this Dry Soon drying device also stands it out from many other large drying racks in the market.
The Dry Soon heated airer has a wattage of around 300 watts with a drying space capacity of about 21 meters. With an inbuilt on/off timer and a cord of about 1.35 meters, you can’t waste your money if you buy this Dry Soon product. You will love the sturdiness, comprehensiveness as well as compact design of this Dry Soon device.
- The Dry Soon 3-tier heated clothes dryer consumes less energy when drying
- The design of this Dry Soon 3-tier heated clothes dryer allows for ease of use
- The Dry Soon heated airer is safe to run all day and night with an inbuilt on/off timer.
- This Dry Soon heated airer with timer is very easy to install in room
- Three tiers and 21m of drying space, and will dry better than any tumble dryer
- You can buy the Dry Soon 3-tier heated clothes dryer cover separately to improve the efficiency
- This Dry Soon heated airer is known to occupy much space and cannot be quickly moved
Third best heated clothes airer is the Grey Electric Heated Airer By Minky. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
Coming right after the amazing Dry Soon heated airer, our 3rd pick is amazing. The Minky Electric Airer is known for its sturdiness, the drying space it has to offer and most importantly the uniqueness of design. This useful heated laundry airer allows you to be able to save some cost on a purchase as it features a very affordable price. Asides from that the cost per hour required to run this clothes maiden dryer is quite very affordable.
Well designed with wings so much more space is being offered. The shelves provided make it serve a dual purpose in the room. You can use it to dry your clothes, and you can also use it as a wardrobe. Upon full construction and installation of this heated airer, you can have as much as 25m drying area.
With product dimensions of 55 by 61 by 141 cm, it is compact enough for convenient storage. It can easily get folded flat and stored away to save much space when you don't dry items. It is even made of a very good metal material with a total drying space of around 15 meters. You will love its top wing design and the reliability of the brand. Apart from being affordable, it is easy and cheap to maintain.
- Excellent wing design that enables it to be used easily in any room
- Easily folds flat and you can store it away to save much space
- It is safe to run all day and night.
- This airer is energy efficient and can work well with the toughest tasks
- Asides from heating the clothes, it can heat the room
- These models offer 15 meters of drying space
- People like how it costs less than 4p an hour to run
- Installation is a bit complicated because of the many processes involved.
- Users don't like that cover is not provided.
- No timer.
Fourth best heated clothes airer is the Clothes Dryer By Pifco. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The PIFCO P38003 is one of the many top-quality on the PIFCO series. This special drying device comes with more flexible features that make it more user-friendly than the other series that has come before it. The innovative design allows for easy mounting and use of this drying device. This heated airer also comes with an impressive timer system.
Are you looking for a fashion piece with high performing features? Then you need to look no further than this excellent airer from PIFCO. This device is not so heavy and not so light. This is advantageous because it can take a large number of clothes that lightweight dryers won't take.
On the other hand, it is still easily movable. Also, this model comes with a foldable wing design and that is why it made it to our list. Folds flat and you can store it away easily in order to spare much space when you don't dry your clothes. It measures about 59 x 59 x 148 centimetres with a diameter of about 24 centimetres. The maximum capacity per time is 10 kg and you will love its portability and comprehensiveness.
- Very portable and well designed parts, comes with a cover.
- We like how it is safe to run all day and night.
- Folds flat and you can store it away easily to spare much space.
- These models have a very sturdy and balanced weight
- People like that an instructional guide is included for ease of use
- Offers a decent amount of drying space and a maximum laundry load of 10kg
- The heated airer also comes with an impressive timer system.
- Users don't like how it is restricted in terms of the number of wet clothes it can take in per time
Our fifth pick is the Electric Clothes Dryer By Homefront. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
Are you looking for one of the best heated clothes airers from a trusted brand? Then you need to look no further than the Homefront Deluxe Electric Clothes Complementary Dryer. This is an electric device, clothes pulley and many other attachments that have been included to facilitate ease of use. It has a unique cover included. With this cover, the heated laundry airer can dry your clothes faster as well as help in saving costs.
Users might not enjoy the lowest price on this clothes air dryer, but it is worth the value in which it comes. One of the significant features this electric heated laundry airer possesses that makes it one of the best heated clothes airers is its maximum capacity. In the market today, there are just a few hot air dryers that can compete with this model in terms of capacity.
Its winged capacity is also a lovable feature which provides for much more space for clothes. All of these features make this product the best airer for the family. It has the capacity to dry up to 21 meters of washing and costs less than 4p per hour to run at a go.
It comes fully open with a dimension of 135 x 78 x 72 cm, while the strength and compactness of this machine make it stand out. If you are looking for an airer that will not disappoint you when it matters most, you need to consider the Homefront Electric device.
- It comes strong, and you can always have it folded flat and store away to spare some space
- These models are safe to run all day and night.
- People like its very compact and comprehensive design
- Thermostatic control is provided for this heated wet laundry airer to avoid it from melting away
- Provides a lot of drying space and a cover is included.
- Can dry your clothes better than any tumble dryer so it eliminates the need for tumble dryers
- The price to value ratio of this drying machine is very high and turns buyers away from it.
- No timer.
Sixth best best heated clothes airer is the Drying Rack With Wings By Status. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
Our 6th pick is the Status Heated Clothes silver airer. This drying device has recently just begun enjoying increased sales in the market, thanks to its innovative design. The flexibility of this portable device a user-friendly one. Coming with an impressive 3 timer system, with a minimal budget you can land this appliance in your home.
Also, an instructional guide is provided for you to facilitate use. The energy efficiency as well as effective cost per hour of this portable model with timer are features that stand it out from others. With the effective run cost per hour, running this heated wet laundry airer sure is very cost-effective. The energy efficiency means that it can take you for a long while effectively.
The lengthy as well as comprehensive money back warranty plan that comes with this model is also a good one. This warranty will cover performance and any other technical fault that is detected in the purchase. Its wattage is about 200 watts and comes with 18 heated bars for strength. You will love the maximum load capacity of this unit with timer which stands at 15 kilograms.
- This device can dry your clothes faster than any tumble dryer which eliminates the need for those room devices
- It is safe to run all day and night, and it also has great cost to run value
- It has an impressive 3 hour timer, exactly what customers need and like
- Has a remote control and batteries included
- Provides large amount of drying space as well as a maximum laundry load of 15kg
- You can hang and dry clothes on well placed bars.
- You'll like its low energy consumption – less than 4p per hour to run.
- You won't like how difficult it is to get this model folded, still it saves on storage space
- It doesn't have a cover
Seventh best best heated laundry airer is the Drying Rack By Home Vida. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating.
The size of the device is one major factor that is to be considered when you want to get one. This is why the Home Discount Electric Foldable Clothes Airer makes it as our 4th pick. This folding clothes airer comes with clothes rail that can be folded and a laundry airer.
Aside from the affordability of these small clothes airer, its size also facilitates easy storage and maintenance. The space saving portability of this electric drying rack already gives it an edge over other electric clothes airers in the market today.
However, the foldable rails in which this drying rack comes in is what is talked about the most by users across various drying racks reviews. It can be folded while not in use allowing for the electric heated clothes dryer to be stored easily and save on storage space. Also, the portability of this dryer means that you can move it quickly.
With a voltage that comes between 220 and 240 volts with a working frequency of around 50Hz, this is the perfect product that guarantees high performance. It has a maximum load capacity of about 10kg and that is why it guarantees value for your money. This model has a cover, but you need to get it separately.
- These models boast a very portable design that facilitates ease of use
- You can easily fold it flat and store away to spare at least a little space
- People like that it is safe to run all day as well as night.
- Maintenance is deficient and needs not to be regular
- Very compatible with other technological devices in the room
- Decent drying space compared to its size as well as a maximum laundry load of 10kg
- Energy Consumption: Less than 4 p per hour to run.
- Customers don't like that this device is limited in the number of wet clothes per time
- Reliability is questioned when stressed beyond its limit.
- Reviews don't like that you must buy a cover for this model separately.
Eighth best best heated laundry airer on this list is the Y-Shaped Heated Clothes Airer By Pifco. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating.
A significant factor all drying racks reviews don’t neglect is the brand of the heated indoor clothes airer. PIFCO is a notable drying racks brand name and the excellence is put into the manufacturing of the PIFCO P38005 Y Shaped drying rack is fantastic. As our 8th pick, this electric airer can be used as an indoor airer or can be used for outdoor purposes.
Wherever it is used, the sturdiness and balance of this device is outstanding. A lot has been said about the quality of this brand by users, and that is why it stands out among other heated clothes airers in the market.
Also, the non-slip feet in this drying rack is a plus. This makes it possible for this product to stand firmly on every ground type. This ease of erecting and taking down this electric drying rack is another reason many people are going for it.
Coming with a heating power of around 230 watts and 18 well-positioned aluminium hang bars, you can’t get it wrong with this ideal model. It runs easily at an excellent cost per hour. It has the capacity of reaching a top temperature of about 55 degrees Celsius so that the best drying results will be achieved. Also, when folded flat, this device takes up very little space.
While there is a confusion as to whether the value of the brand or the excellent design of this unit is the main reason why people like it, it is one of both. Some users find this clothes airer appealing because of the trust they have in the brand. However, others find it appealing because of its excellent design improves the home's aesthetics.
- This unit comes in an excellent design and will dry better than any tumble dryer
- Massive duty machine and can take a lot washing per load and make your life easier
- Assembling this airer and getting it folded is very easy and can be done by anyone
- Safe to run all day and offers a lot of drying space
- These products get the job done easier than most competitors
- You can hang your wet washing on well placed bars.
- Excellent cost per hour to run
- The price and the time it takes to have washing dried has been a significant challenge
- Reviews don't like that there's no cover provided.
Our ninth overall pick is the Two Tier Folding Clothes Airer. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating.
The Home Discount electric clothes airer is our 9th pick and the reasons are not far fetched. First is because of its straightforward yet still compact design. Also, we have the durability of these clothes airer competing with that of top pick clothes airers.
Though portable, this clothes airer is very sturdy and comes with foldable handles that facilitate easy movement and storage. You could easily fold it flat and store away to save space when you don't dry your washing. Safety is a significant thing to consider when purchasing wet clothes dryers. With the thermoplastic control accompanying this ideal model, you can be sure of maximum safety at all times, which means you kids won't burn themselves if they touch this device.
Also, there is an area within which you can stand while making use of this electric heater so that maximum safety will be realized. It is made up of both aluminium and plastic material, and available in mainly in silver as well as white colour.
- Comes portable and with foldable handles included, so you can easilt fold it flat and store away to spare some space
- Due to its aluminium design, it doesn't take up much storage space and you have easy access to it
- This is an energy efficient appliance that can run for a long while which makes it better than any tumble drier
- Safe to run all night and offers a decent amount of drying space
- Too pricey and sometimes very difficult to fold
- People don't like that there's no cover included.
Tenth pick is the Heated Clothes Airer By Home Vida. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating. You can take a close look at the price and new information about delivery services on the links below.
Our verdict on 10th but still one of the best heated clothes airers you can have in your house is this very portable electric clothes airer. This electric clothes airer comes at a very affordable price, and most of its attachments come ready with it on the purchase. This helps you as the buyer to be able to save on costs when you get one.
It comes with a timer that you could use to keep track of the timing process. This Electric Clothes Airer has a unique cover which gives it additional protection. Although with the inclusion of this cover comes an increase in price, it is worth the costs.
With this cover, this device with timer can dry washing faster as well as help in saving some costs. Also, storing this electric clothes airer feels better when you can have it covered. This device has an approximate dimension of 104 by 53 by 36 cm and offers about 14 meters of drying space. This unit with timer comes with 18 bars for comfortable drying.
- Portable quick to assemble and fold electric clothes airer so it doesn't take up much of your space
- Uses a 3 hour timer that you can put off or on at will
- This is a simple unit with cover and it is safe to run all night
- Provides a lot of laundry space, exactly what you need
- Can dry better than any tumble dryer and in less time
- This clothes dryer could not run heavy-duty tasks.
Heated Clothes Airer Buying Guide
Every part of your laundry process, from washing to ironing, should be carried out with the best equipment. A quality washer dryer will make cleaning your clothes fast and efficient, while a rotary washing line or retractable washing line will dry your clothes fast. It’s important to iron your clothes on a strong ironing board using a steam generator iron.
When the weather is unfavourable for drying clothes or need your clothes to dry fast, a heated clothes airer will be your buddy. We will show you how to go about purchasing the best clothes airer.
What You Need To Know
The Size of the Heated Airer
The size of the heated clothes airer is a critical factor to consider when you want to get one. This is very important because a lot of other factors are always dependent on the size of the clothes airer that you choose. In choosing a clothes dryer that suits you in terms of size, you will need to consider how much space you have in the room and have to spare for a clothes airer. The large-sized heated airers are usually the heavy-duty ones can take a lot of clothes per time.
There are the medium-sized electric airers that can be assembled and dismantled quickly. Then we have the small or portable size heated drying racks that can be stored and moved quickly.
The CPH of the Heated Airer
The CPH of a dry soon airer especially the electric airers refers to the cost per hour to run one. This cost to run differs from one device to the other. This cost per hour is many times always influenced by several factors. First is the size which explains that the large-sized clothes dryers tend to be more costly than the medium and small-sized ones.
The drying time of the standard airer also goes a long way in influencing the cost to run per hour of a heated clothes airer. Whichever warm air clothes dryer you are settling, always make sure the cost to run is one that falls within your budget.
The Timer Feature Made Available
First and very important to note is that not all heated indoor airers come with a dryer feature. For a number of these clothes airers that comes with timers, they vary. The timer helps in reading how long drying washing in that particularly electric airer is going to last.
This helps you as a user to keep track of the whole process and know what to expect of it. In considering this feature, you have to ensure you step up your budget because a lot of the clothes drying racks that come with this feature are always expensive.
Collapsible or Not
When you want to get one, to secure comfort and ease of use, it is always best for you to go for electric clothes drying rack that is collapsible. The primary advantage of collapsible heated clothes horse is ease of storage.
Due to some factors, there might be a need for you to move from one location to other. The collapsible heated airers are then most appreciated at this time because you are able to disassemble the parts quickly and store it or move it from one place to another.
The Thermostat Feature
The thermostat feature is one feature all-electric airers need to have. While it might not be wrong to say all electric airers have this feature, it varies from one clothes dryer to the other. Considering this feature when you want to get a dryer is significant because it assures safety. A hanging clothes airer with full thermostat feature is safer to use than one that lacks it.
The Quality of the Heated Airer
Another factor to consider when in search to get airer models is the quality of its build-up. Considering that you would not want to purchase an appliance that after a short while of use it will begin to malfunction. The quality of the electric airer is always expressed in two ways. First is the materials in terms of metal construction or plastic that was used to design the unit.
By reading through the description of each clothes dryer, you will be able to find this out. Also, the design of the heated clothes rack is another way to measure its quality. Heated airers with bright designs are said to be of more quality makeup than those with poor designs.
Understanding the Jargons
CPH, as used in this heated clothes airers review, is used to mean the cost per hour of running the device.
What are the Different Features?
When purchasing a heated clothes dryer, there are certain features that people find handy which might not necessarily be covered in the guide. To arrive at these features, we need to have a careful look at many reviews. The colour of the clothes airer, its compatibility to other appliances and the period of use are many of the features users find handy and pay attention to when you want to get one.
The Color of the Heated Airer
Colour communicates or enhances some sense of desire among people. This has grown more prominent in recent times where and when people make use of tools, equipment and appliances not for the sole purposes for which they buy them alone, but also to establish a fashion statement.
Buyers find heated clothes airers with appealing colours more handy and attractive than others. Also when these fanciful heated clothes airers are installed in the home, they help to add to the aesthetics of the home.
Compatibility with Other Home Appliances
Compatibility is other aspect in heated clothes airers that users find handy. Most users do not like to have plenty of appliances in the home that function independently of themselves. This is why they always find clothes dryers that are compatible handier. Compatible heated clothes airers can be easily integrated into other appliances causing them to function together effectively. However for this to happen, there must be the provision for certain attachments alongside the product on a purchase.
The durability of the Heated Airer
Users do not want to purchase a clothes airer that cannot last them for a long while. To this end, users always tend to go for the more durable clothes airer than the less durable ones.
Heated Clothes Airer Buying FAQs
Q: Are heated clothes airers any good?
A: These devices are really good as well as much cheaper to buy than any tumble dryer. An airer helps to reduce the moisture content of clothes dried indoors and to prevent mould growth.
Q: Does drying clothes indoors cause damp?
A: Drying clothes indoors causes damp. Wet laundry in the home can increase the moisture levels by 30%, creating a perfect environment for moulds to thrive.
Q: How long does it take to air dry clothes indoors?
A: It takes up to 24 hours to air dry items indoors. So you can do a day load of laundry depending on your laundry needs.
Q: Is it better to air dry clothes?
A: It is better to air dry clothes compared to using a tumble dryer. However, if you are able to put them on the washing line outside, that is the better option.
Q: Is it bad to air dry clothes?
A: It is not bad to air dry clothes as it is cheaper than buying a clothes dryer and drying sheets for line drying.
Q: How much money can you save by air drying clothes?
A: You can save a lot of money compared to a tumble dryer. Using a tumble dry machine for one hour costs roughly 40p, whereas using an electric airer only costs around 10p.
Q: Can I air dry my clothes inside?
A: You can air dry clothes inside as most of your bathroom surfaces are waterproof so it's a really good place to start air drying your clothes.
Q: What temperature should you dry clothes in?
A: You should dry clothes in different temperatures depending on the materials they made of. Cotton clothes need to be dried with 15-16 degrees while non-cotton clothes need to be dried with 14-15 degrees.
Q: Does hang drying stretch clothes?
A: Hang drying stretches clothes over time when they are hung. Such clothes as knits and cottons stretch because they are heavy.