10 Best Health Grills Reviews UK 2021 - Top-Rated Models Compared
Who doesn't love a toasted sandwich? But besides grilling your favourite filling, the dual hotplates press flavour into veggies, seafood, and meat. But what makes a health grill different? Unlike normal appliances, they drain excess oils and fat from food. Thanks to these magic preppers, you can now enjoy the taste of your beloved steak skewers but without the danger of consuming too much fat. Hungry? Good. Here are the best health grill reviews that showcase the top products of the year.
Table of Contents
Best Health Grills On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best health grill is the 5-Portion Stainless Steel Grill by Tefal. It's perfect for the home chef who loves grilling the whole meaty range from rare to well done. The electric griller also suits those who like to keep manual control but always appreciate a helping hand from the appliance itself. What the heck does that mean? It means that you can stop worrying over certain things and just enjoy the process of cooking.
This smart grill will automatically adapt the cooking requirements according to the thickness of the food. LED lights show the heating progress until the meal is done, so you don't have to worry about turning your salmon into charcoal. You also don't have to worry about keying in the perfect temperature for different types of meat. One-touch buttons activate a cooking program for anything from poultry to fish. Finally, everyone loves a steak that is juicy and comes with grill stripes - and that's exactly what you'll get from this stainless steel beauty.
- Six automatic cooking programs to grill poultry, burger, bacon, red meat, sausage, and fish.
- Four temperature settings.
- The grill can cook frozen food.
- 600 cm square cooking surface.
- Serves 2 to 4 people.
- The non-stick plates and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe.
- The grill beeps with certain cooking functions which might annoy those who like silent appliances.
- This is a large health grill (37 x 36 x 16.5 cm) and needs a big space in the kitchen.
This panini press is great for the cook who likes an open and closed grill. For the purpose of cooking larger pieces of meat when you're in a barbecue mood, the grill can be folded open completely and both plates can be used to sizzle the perfect sausage. But if you want to press food into a tasty meal and let the grill do most of the work, then this appliance can clench its jaws on your chosen meat and prepare a delicious menu.
The plates are covered with ceramic, making it scratch resistant and guaranteed to last a long time. As a panini press, you'll get the perfect snack every time with its temperature control options, and as an open grill, you can look forward to grilling larger pieces of fish, skewers, steaks, and vegetables. Overall, a great cooking choice.
- Uses little to no oil.
- 35.7 x 30.1 x 17 cm.
- Non-stick surface.
- There are lights indicating when the grill is on or the food is ready.
- A special channel drains oil and fat for leaner meat.
- It's not among the best-looking kitchen appliances
- The product is not dishwasher safe but it's easy to clean.
Fans of George Foreman grilling machines can look forward to another one of the former boxer's creations. This griller is suitable for anyone looking to cook multiple portions on plates that are easy to clean. The grill is also sloped so that those unwelcome oils and fat can drain easily into the drip tray. The appliance is also pleasing in the sense that it comes with a floating hinge. This neat feature allows it to close over anything you put inside. True enough, the griller will completely close around your burger or giant fish and turn them into succulent meals.
The electric grill plates can handle anything really. From vegetables to toasted sandwiches, this product quickly prepares your snack or lunch in about a minute. This, needless to say, saves a busy person time and keeps the power bill under control. In that sense, the product brings tasty and healthy meals for busy families who love a hot meal in the morning right before school or work.
- 29 x 23.2 x 14.1 cm.
- It has an adjustable grill height.
- Comes with a sleek and modern look.
- Non-stick griddle plates.
- An indicator alerts you when the grill has reached the perfect temperature to start cooking.
- A well-known brand.
- The grill is not dishwasher safe but the plates can be cleaned with a few wipes.
- A few consumers feel that the grill is too small for four portions of meat, especially with things like steaks or gammon.
Consumers looking for a new and versatile grill might love the mouthwatering perks of this product. It doesn't shy away from much. With its non-stick plates, the grill prepares the perfect panini sandwich, burger, chicken, bacon, and more. Each and every time. The secret is that the press can handle thick food, including filled sandwiches, large steak cuts, and filled vegetables. This product is a great way to add flavour, colour, and a professional touch to your dinner or family barbecue.
The grill plates have a lovely marble finish and will cook according to the temperature that you choose. You simply choose the heat you need, close the lid, and wait for the health grill to finish what you've started. After a few minutes, the food is crispy and well-cooked. The flavour and juice are locked in for a succulent cut of meat or vegetables. Talk about taste and convenience coming in the same package!
- The product measures 30 x 33 x 13 cm.
- Comes with a non-stick surface.
- You can cook with little to no oil.
- An effective draining hole removes fat and oil that comes from meat.
- The pressing plates create grill stripes on meat for a delicious steakhouse look.
- Variable temperature control.
- The grill is easy to clean but it's not dishwasher safe.
- It doesn't have a timer.
Looking for a stunning kitchen grill? Then this could be your top choice. Made by a trusted brand, the grill has a silver finish and sleek look. It can fit in anywhere, from that dingy college room kitchenette to your dream home. The appliance also comes with features like a cool touch handle to avoid burns and automatic temperature control. There are lights to tell you when the appliance is on. Another alerts you that the appliance has warmed up to the perfect heat and you can now insert your food of choice to start the cooking process. Overall, this is a smart grill and a safe one too.
Worktop grills that fold open completely - like this one does- also make cooking easier when you prefer to cook more portions at the same time. After opening the grill and flatten the sides, you can use both plates to grill double the amount of burgers, fish, or skewers. Once you're done, the non-stick plates can be wiped clean with just a sponge and some soapy water.
- The product measures 33.8 x 31.4 x 15.4 cm.
- It has a neat and professional appearance.
- A cool touch handle for increased safety.
- Both plates have a non-stick surface.
- A cord storage area makes it easy to fold the cord away when you need to store or transport the grill.
- The non-removable plates are easy to clean but the griller itself isn't dishwasher safe.
- Some might want a bigger griller if they want to cook more portions of large items in the pressed position.
This large grill has all the perks to make your next meal a feast. You can seal in the flavour and moisture of streak, press a panini, or make the family's morning bacon in a single go. Or flip it open if you need a double hot plate for larger pieces like fish or a barbecue. Either way, you can be assured that healthier cooking is on the cards. This is because the removal channel directs all the fat and oil to a drip tray, completely separate from the food. The amount of fattiness might even surprise you!
The grill has lovely ceramic-coated grill plates but besides looking professional, the material is also best for maintenance. Excess bits that remain after cooking is easily removable with a few wipes of a wet cloth. You can also rest assured that the coating won't degrade like some other health grills tend to do. The coating's design makes the plates resistant to abrasive moments (let's blame that scratchy spatula here). Two more things are worth mentioning, among others. Firstly, a floating hinge can also lift the top plate high enough to hug the top of any thick snack and then easily press it downward for grilling. The second reason it made the list for the top health grills of the year is the fact that it saves cooking time and grills food evenly.
- The product measures 33.3 x 12.9 x 33.4 cm.
- It has an adjustable grill height.
- Non-stick plates.
- Abrasion resistant for many years of use.
- Cool-touch handle to ensure you don't burn your hands, even while the grill is cooking.
- Use as a press grill or a double hot plate.
- The grill is not dishwasher safe but the ceramic grill plates are easy to clean and maintain.
- A few consumers have reported that the grill tends to spit grease now and again while cooking.
Here's another great choice for people who want to eat healthy meals. That's right, you don't have to nibble on celery. But if you've made it this far, you already know that wonderful fact. Indeed, begone celery, healthy grilling is making a comeback.
This grill sucks the fat from a wide range of products, so that you can have tasty options that won't ruin your diet or health plan. This is very useful when you're craving a barbecue but cannot risk the fattiness for weight or health reasons. Just fire up this fold-out grill, add your fresh ingredients, and watch the fat drain away. There's no reason for you to sacrifice your favourite grilling recipes when you cook with health grills like this one.
This Weight Watchers' product is also noteworthy for other traits. It has a sleek look that will grace any kitchen. The marble coated plates are easy to clean. There are different lights to show when the device is switched on and off, as well as automatic temperature control. The food cooks evenly and doesn't stick to the inside of the grill. But given the odd speck that remains, this grill comes with a cleaning tool to keep this great grill in top order.
- The product measures 31 x 26.4 x 12.2 cm.
- A neat and compact look.
- The panels are treated with a non-stick coating.
- Abrasion resistant.
- It can be used as a press grill or double grilling plates.
- Includes a cleaning spatula.
- There is no auto shutoff.
- Although quick to clean, the grill doesn't have removable plates and is thus not dishwasher safe.
Gather closer barbecue fans, especially if you like pot-shaped health grills more than the more familiar press types. This could very well be the best health grill with removable plates. The baking tray can take multiple portions at once, which saves cooking time. Afterward, it can be taken out of the pot for an easy scrub down. But let's look at the cooking goodies this grill is capable off.
There is a dual temperature control. On the one hand, you can control the temperature of the pot or decide to only use the baking tray for grilling.
The ring shape helps with rapid heat build-up and this helps the food to cook faster. One notable feature of this smart grill is it's versatile nature. If you need something in the kitchen that delivers superb grilling but can also boil, fry, simmer, roast, and stir-fry, then you've found your champion.
- The product measures 42 cm diameter.
- The grill is smokeless.
- A handsome pot shape.
- Multi-function cooking appliance used for preparation techniques other than cooking.
- One of the best health grills for family gatherings.
- The main baking tray is removable but the grilling pot is not dishwasher safe.
- Might not be suitable for those who love pressed grill recipes.
But what about wanting to take your grill on a picnic? It's not always possible to take appliances on trips. But according to the manufacturer of this grilling wonder, your worries are over. The grill is open and resembles a small barbecue stand (it doesn't have a top plate). In all honesty, that makes it more suitable when gathering with friends to turn a steak. As fantastic as grill plates are to squeeze the perfect toasties, they're not the best option for campfire cooks who love talking around a grill while they prepare the meal. Indeed, you can take one of these grills on camping trips, the park, beach, and even indoors, and on patios.
You can prepare food with five different heat temperature settings while enjoying a smoke-free grilling experience. Like most other of the best health grills, the plates are part of a design that drains fat so that you can get a great healthy meal in no time. Several parts are also removable, which makes cleaning easy. The bottom oil panel is also removable and can just go into the dishwasher.
- 42 x 32 x 8 cm.
- A great mobile grill to take on trips.
- Five heat settings.
- Can heat portions for up to five people.
- Only certain removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Not truly the best choice if you want to get a machine with removable plates or make toasted sandwiches.
If you want to get a new portable heat source, considering this grill is also worth five minutes of your time. Besides being portable, one of its best features is the size. As a cook that likes the previous product but wants something bigger, then this is the grill to get.
Most of the cooking features are also the same. The appliance can be used anywhere outdoors and indoors. That last one is possible since the grill is smoke-free and flame-free.
So you can cook without worrying that the neighbours might call the fire brigade! The grill plates is more a one-thing deal that resembles the tray of a barbecue lot. This grille is made from stainless steel and was designed to last. It's set against deformation and scratch resistant. You don't have to worry about rust ruining your mushroom skewers, either. A pair of handles make the grille removable to take the cooked portions safely off the grill.
- Five heat settings.
- 48 x 35 x 9 cm.
- Comes with a high-quality grille designed for durability.
- Removable grille is dishwasher friendly.
- Fat drains into a special plate.
- Mostly dishwasher safe except for the power supply box.
- There is a slight smell when the grill is turned on for the first time.
Best Health Grills Recap
- 1. 5-Portion Stainless Steel Grill By Tefal
- 2. Panini Health Grill By Salter
- 3. 4-Portion Family Health Grill By George Foreman
- 4. Panini Sandwich Press By Quest
- 5. Health Griller Electric Temperature Control By Daewoo
- 6. Dual Cooking System With Oil Drip Tray By Salter
- 7. Double Grills Electric Press By WW
- 8. Indoor BBQ Family Health Grill By LXVY
- 9. Smokeless Cooking Grill With Removable Parts by LXVY
- 10. Best And Easy Portable Cooking Grill By TZZYH
A health grill is a wonderful appliance to add to the kitchen. These versatile wonders keep flavour and taste in our lives while cutting out the dangerous fat and oil. It's no wonder, then, that so many people get one of their own. Unfortunately, things are not as simple as choosing, buying, and then enjoying the bested toasted tuna melt you've ever tasted. Not all grill plates are created equal. We've gathered a few great tips so that you can pick the right grill for you and kick fat to the curb.
Identify Your Needs
The model you will ultimately buy depends on what you'd like your new cooking friend to do. If you only want a grill for yourself because you live exclusively on panini sandwiches, then a smaller model with fewer features are perfect.
But if you have a family or want to heat a meal for a party, then there are some great options among the larger products.
Another important thing to consider is how much time you're willing to spend on cleaning the grill. Most are non-stick but there will always be a wayward crumb. It's also good practice to maintain a grill with a cleansing after use.
But here's the thing. Not every grill is dishwasher friendly. Some parts can be put in the washer but others need to be cleaned entirely by hand.
Look For An Oily Angle
In other words, is the grill a little sloped? Once the heat extracts the fat and oil from food, these nasties need to go somewhere. That's why a functional health grill is always a little sloped. The designers used gravity to pull the unhealthy fat down the angled grill and into a drainage channel. Some appliances drain into a pan directly under the grille and this is fine if you're not to bothered by the stuff being right underneath your cooking food.
Good Reviews Can Save You A Lot Of Trouble
Once you find a product you like, go online to retail sites like Amazon. Look for reviews left by consumers that are marked as verified purchases - that means they actually bought the product and chances are that their opinion is crafted from experience and because of this, could be vastly different to the product's sale's pitch page. Look at good and bad reviews, from the five stars to people who wish they could give half a star. However, the best reviews come from people who've been cooking with the product for at least a couple of months.
Trust Your Eyes
Hey, it worked for our ancestors when they bought a mule. Authentic reviews are half the battle. But sometimes, consumers are still disappointed because they didn't take the time to look closely at all the available images.
If you can visit the product in store, fantastic. Look for any sign that betrays the fact that it was made from tacky materials or whether it looks flimsy. If an alarm bell goes off (in other words, you're not satisfied), then trust your gut. There are plenty of great and solid looking devices that are heat miracles. There are little to no flimsy-looking, tacky plastic grillers that can say the same.
If you can only search for a cooking grill online, look carefully at the images. Do they show what the verified customers describe? If not - or they look photoshopped - then rather look for a seller that is honest enough to place authentic photographs online.
Q: What Is The Best Grill That Is Value For Money?
A: The best grill that is value for money is not truly a brand name. The best grill is one that provides an excellent cooking experience, saves time, and have removable plates that can be cleaned in the dishwasher. These factors are the hallmark of a great grill, no matter the price.
Q: What Is A Health Grill?
A: A health grill is an appliance with two grilling plates used to press and cook food. What makes them more healthy than other grills is the fact that they have a special feature. Health grills have a draining hole or channel that removes excess oil and fat from meals during the cooking process.
Q: What Is Better Than A George Foreman Grill?
A: What is better than a George Foreman grill is a matter of what you are looking for. For some people, a George Foreman grill suits their needs and that makes it the best grill for them. But many other brands offer grills that might catch the liking of other consumers - and that makes it better than a George Foreman grill. Sometimes people just want something with removable plates or a larger grill which aren't always available with all George Foreman's products.
Q: Are George Foreman grills healthy?
A: George Foreman grills are healthy when they are marked as such. Also make sure that your chosen model include the main feature of health grills and that is the draining channel that removes oil and fat from food. Overall, most George Foreman grills are very healthy.