Best HDMI Switch Reviews UK 2021 - Top-Rated Models Compared
Getting together with the family to watch the newest titles on Netflix has become an experience that we indeed take for granted. Luckily for us, HDMI cables have made us accustomed to crystal clear images and exceptional sound quality. Whether you want to expand your HDMI input ports or turn your remote TV into a new one, this HDMI switch review has got your back. Without further ado, read below and find the best HDMI switcher for 2021, so you can marvel away at the genuine beauty of television.
Video Formats: 4K, 2K, 1080P Full HD & 3D video.
Audio Formats: Dolby Vision & Dolby ATMOS.
Special Feature: Plug & Play - effortless setup and installation.
Video Formats: 4K, 2K, 3840x2160 (60hz) & 3D.
Audio Formats: DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD Master Audio & Dolby True HD.
Special Feature: Powered with a 5V micro USB power adapter.
Table of Contents
Best HDMI Switches On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best HDMI switch for 4K comes to us by Sense and uses a wide range of HDMI inputs by offering five different 2.0 ports that can be connected with one output for the display. The device supports 4K picture in most devices with a standard HD interface, including computers, Bluray players, DVD players, AV receivers or even game consoles. Being easy to use, the Sense switcher HDMI allows you to shift to the source device you want without having to unplug the HDMI cables.
The HDMI switcher box is Plug and Play, so it requires no external driver for it to be set up. All you need to do is to attach the mains plug into the box, plug into the mains, and connect the different HDMI devices into the box. Thanks to its best HDMI box features, you can either automatically switch into the device you want or use the remote to perform the switch manually.
- Its sturdy aluminium alloy configuration promotes a quick heat dissipation and superior longevity.
- It comes with a remote and a 1-metre standard 2.0 HDMI cable.
- It’s shipped with a one-year warranty by Sense.
- It has a 24/7 customer service that will aid you upon any difficulties with the device.
- Its automatic port HDMI switcher may turn off unexpectedly, in which case you will need to turn the feature on manually.
- Some consumers reported that the 4K formats suffered some blackouts while being connected with the port HDMI.
Another product that will turn manual HDMI switching into a thing of the past is also Zacro’s 4-In-1-Out device. Using an infrared wireless remote control, you’ll be able to change the signals on each of the four inputs freely. The best 4-port HDMI switchers from Zacro are also powered through a 5V micro USD power adapter, making the device both functional and energy-efficient.
Thanks to its 18 Gbps high-bandwidth data transmission, the 4-port switch promotes an incredible watching experience without flickering delays, signal loss or resolution degradation during use. The 4-port devices also use a LED indicator light that lets you check the working status of the HDMI switches at all times. If you’re not convinced yet, you can head over to Amazon and check to see if Zacro truly deserves to be Amazon’s choice for the best HDMI switch (4-in-1-out).
- It supports all HDMI standard signal sources (both input and output).
- You can either switch the signals by remote control or by using the OneTouch key on the equipment.
- It’s compliant with HDCP 2.2 protocol, HDR, ultra-high-definition and 3D.
- Good value for money.
- Several customers noted that its instruction manual wasn’t beneficial.
- It doesn't have a provided HDMI cable.
Another incredible HDMI splitter that was also endorsed by Amazon is the 5-port 4K HDMI switch by Mrocioa. Ensuring that you host five different devices, the Mrocioa HDMI switch is ideal for those who want to get rid of the inconveniences of switching to a different HDMI port with each TV session. Its handy remote control allows you to operate the HDMI switch at a distance of 5-7 metres, so you can always enjoy the comfort of the sofa.
The Mrocioa HDMI splitter not only supports 4K but also promotes a steady watching experience that doesn’t flicker or degrade the picture quality at any point. Besides the remote control, the unit can also automatically switch to the latest plugged-in devices, saving you both time and energy in the process. By automatically reducing the LED levels, the best HDMI switch also gives you a more comfortable viewing effect and lower power consumption that circles just 0.03 A.
- It’s shipped with a 100% after-sales guarantee, warm after-sales service and a one-year warranty by Mrocioa.
- Its aluminium alloy shell promotes excellent heat dissipation, making the device secure and durable.
- Its LED light instantly reduces the brightness levels after no operation, making it more adaptable to your eyes.
- Its high-speed switching allows you to switch between channels in less than two seconds.
- A standard 7-metre cable will reduce its 4K quality, so you need to get a shorter (4-metre) one.
- Some customers have reported that they received faulty devices that would make the TV flicker or switch between HDMI inputs randomly.
For those of you who are on the lookout for a more simple device, the bidirectional model by Techole is the best HDMI switch you can find. As the name suggests, the unit uses two input ports that can either be used to connect two sources to one HDMI display; or connect one HDMI source to toggle between two screens. Because of its simplistic design, all you need to do is press the button to switch between the input or output source while its LED indicator will let you know which port is active.
The HDMI switch ensures that an ideal video and audio quality is actively fostered, whether it’s on 4K, 2K, 3D or 720P. One of the best hallmarks of the Techole HDMI switchers lies within its fast transmitting power. This is because of the devices’ high bandwidth of 3.4 Gbps data transmission and its integrated chipset that actively works on maintaining the best entertainment experience for the entire family.
- It is one of Amazon’s bestsellers of Techole devices.
- It comes with a three-year warranty by Techole.
- It requires no additional power to operate because it functions solely on your own devices’ potential.
- It doesn’t have an automatic switch, so the HDMI switches have to be done manually.
- If you don’t feed the switch with its required amount of power, you might experience some letdowns with its picture quality.
Following the 2-in-1 example that was previously set by Techole, we have come across the 4K HDMI switcher series by ABLEWE that’s both practical and functional. As with the best bidirectional devices, you can use this HDMI switch as two inputs and one output or the other way around. Efficiently saving energy (and effort!), the ABLEWE HDMI switchers are the best tool for those who prefer a hassle-free installation and use.
All you need to do to operate the device is to press the button on the centre of the HDMI switch, toggling one of the two inputs. The built-in blue light indicators will tell you which one device is on, so you won’t have to travel to its source window to be sure. And thanks to its universal compatibility, the best HDMI switch by ABLEWE will work perfectly with all devices with a standard HDMI interface.
- It’s built with aluminium alloy materials so it will sustain the trials of time.
- It’s compatible with computers, Xbox, PlayStation and Blu-ray or DVD players.
- It comes with lifetime customer support.
- It has gold plated HDMI inputs that help lock the cable in place, thus preventing additional reduction to the TV picture quality.
- It doesn’t support two devices to display the same thing simultaneously.
- For providing a 4K quality, you will need to purchase a 2.0 HDMI cable, as opposed to the standard 1.4 one.
Another great product comes to us by GANA and uses three different inputs for all your HDMI devices. In line with the best HDMI switches available, the equipment supplies a 24K gold plated connector that’s the best at resisting corrosion, reducing tarnish and increasing the transmission performance. The HDMI switches by GANA are compact sized and energy-efficient, so they will surely be a welcomed addition in any household.
As with the best HDMI switches, this device is also fully compatible with HDTV deep colour, 1080P resolution and 3D video. The HDMI switch also supports various audio formats to give you the best vocal experience on top of the visual one. Due to its high-quality built and integrated mechanisms, you will experience no distortion of audio or video and no lag in signal transmission.
- Good value for money.
- It gets power from the connected devices, so it’s very energy efficient.
- It has an integrated auto-switch feature that toggles the most recent powered-on device.
- It’s designed with three LED indicators that will let you know which one of the input ports is being used.
- It’s not shipped with remote control functions, so you will have to press its button to switch between the inputs manually.
- It has a very short cable, so all your devices need to be placed nearby.
Another fantastic product that’s among Amazon’s handpicked selections for HDMI switches is also the upgraded 4K model by Belfen. These three-port devices are among the best HDMI splitters that bring the TV to life for its luxurious video and audio qualities. With that in mind, you’ll be pleased to know that the device supports several formats such as 4K, Ultra HD, 1080P, 720P and 480P; followed by all variations of the Dolby Vision audio too.
Because of its designated functions, the Belfen 2.0b doesn’t require a separate power supply but is powered through your TV and other devices that are inserted within the input ports. The device supports a key-press-switching function that allows you to shift between the inputs on the TV with much ease. If you’re unsure whether your destined device is on head over to the indicator LED which will blink near the port that’s in use.
- It is shipped with a free one-metre HDMI cable.
- It comes with a one-year warranty by Belfen.
- It adopts 24K gold-plated connectors that are corrosion resistant and ensure a superior signal transfer.
- Some devices grant insufficient power levels so they won’t function with the best quality rates on your TV.
If you prefer a more modern approach to your HDMI switch, then this 3-port device by UGREEN has got your back. The manufacturers have designed a unit that supports three different inputs, fostering devices such as computers, game consoles or DVD players. The HDMI switch is very easy to use, as its wireless remote control allows you to switch the signal between the ports with the touch of a distanced button.
All the integrated ports within the device use a data rate up to 10.2 Gbps, so an Ultra Full HD resolution is granted with all three inputs. One of the more talked-about features of this device is also its sound format compatibility that further enriches the on-site presence of watching TV or playing video games. The UGREEN switch is suitable with LPCM, DTS Digital (and HD), Dolby Digital, Dolby True-HD and HDCP.
- It can be operated by remote control, and it uses an auto-switch feature.
- It has a LED indicator for the ports in use and a switch button.
- It’s compatible with 4K, 1080P and 3D display.
- It’s simplistically designed while being modern.
- Some consumers reported that there’s a delay switch among the three inputs.
- It was reported that the device freezes on 4K resolution unless its HDMI cable is suitable.
Another one of Techole’s best-designed devices is also the 3-port HDMI switch that prioritises reliability and ease of use. You can be sure that your TV will thank you for matching it with the incredible aluminium coated switcher that will undoubtedly make your life more relaxed. The HDMI switch can be either be manually operated or through its remote control, that works thanks to its integrated high-grade signal receiver perfectly.
One of the most practical features that this HDMI switch uses is its variability with power sourcing. When you only plan on watching TV through secondary devices, the device uses the power obtained through its input ports to keep the device running. When you switch to more complicated PlayStation or Xbox operations, you can simply use the included 5V USB adapter that will keep your switcher running seamlessly.
- It supports 4K, 1080P and 3D video resolutions and HD audio.
- Compatible with the HDMI 1.4 cable and above.
- Both input and output length of the HDMI cable can reach the length of 15 metres.
- It promotes a high bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps data transmission, giving you a fast and stable watching experience.
- If the USB adapter isn’t used, the device takes longer to wake up.
- Some customers have noted that this isn’t the best device for watching 4K TV.
Last but not least, we have chosen another product by Techole because we simply can’t get enough of how useful and durable they are! This model includes three ports to choose from and is controlled manually through the button on the centre of the unit. It also uses LED indicator lights, so you’ll always know not to turn the game console on instead of the TV accidentally.
Thanks to its Plug and Play function, you can easily set up and operate the HDMI switcher without it needing an external driver. The maximum supporting length of the input AWG26 HDMI cable is up to 15-metres, so you won’t have to worry about lifting a finger. The unit functions significantly without requiring a power source, but you can always enhance its potency by using the included 5V power adapter cable.
- It comes integrated with a standard 5-metre HDMI cable (output).
- It supports almost all HDMI sources, and most standard display outputs.
- Because of its high bandwidth speed, it is among the best devices that prevent lag, loss of picture as well as maintain excellent sound quality.
- Its 5-metre cable might be a hassle for those who want to hide the switcher away behind the TV.
- You can’t use all three ports without plugging the unit into a power source.
Best HDMI Switches Recap
- 1. The Best HDMI Switch 4K By Sense
- 2. HDMI Switch 4 In 1 Out By Zacro
- 3. HDMI Switch 4K By Mrocioa
- 4. Bidirectional HDMI Splitter 1 In 2 Out By Techole
- 5. HDMI Switch 4K Splitter By ABLEWE
- 6. HDMI Switch By GANA
- 7. 2.0b HDMI Switch By Belfen
- 8. 3 Port HDMI Switch By UGREEN
- 9. 3 Port HDMI Switcher By Techole
- 10. HDMI Switch 3 In 1 Out By Techole
HDMI Switch Buying Guide
As with any electronic unit, the most important features you should always consider when buying an HDMI switch can be reduced to their durability, reliability and quality maintenance. However, if you want to get down to the specifications, these are some hallmarks you should look for when purchasing.
- Ports - Different switchers use a different number of input ports, and what you choose ultimately comes down to the number of devices you plan to ‘switch’ within the same TV or monitor. However, more ports don’t always mean a better experience, as they can be reduced in quality and require more power to run efficiently. So you should carefully read the manufacturer’s specifications on this matter.
- Compatibility - Having a high-quality TV will only be as good as its matching HDMI switcher. To marvel away at the beauty of 4K watching experience, you need to make sure that both the switcher and the HDMI cable are suitable for transmitting the signals efficiently.
- Refresh Rate - This feature is less critical to TV watchers and almost indispensable to gamers, and it refers to the number of times a screen will refresh in a minute. We measure this rate in hertz, and its most common distinction includes the 30 and 60 Hz. As you might guess, a 60 Hz unit promotes a better watching experience, but it is also less common and more pricey.
- Switching Variability (Optional) - Variability with the way you switch between the channels is not essential. Still, it is crucial for those who prefer the comfort of their sofas and beds. Most HDMI switchers use a button switch that’s at the centre of the unit, but some function by remote control. The two types don’t differ highly in price, but because remote-controlled devices have an integrated signal receiver - they usually weigh more and are larger in design.
Q: Does HDMI Switch reduce quality?
A: Typically, an HDMI switch doesn’t reduce quality because all it does is to transmit the material from the main ports into the output ones. However, if you use an HDMI cable that is below the quality standard of the unit, then you might experience a reduction of quality.
Q: Do I need 4K HDMI switch?
A: If you have a TV that supports an Ultra HD or 4K quality, then it’s essential to get a compatible switcher. If you get a standard one, the unit will compress the picture or ruin its quality, resulting in an overall lousy watching experience.
Q: What is HDMI switch used for?
A: We use an HDMI switch for linking several input sources into one output display unit that is usually a monitor or a TV. HDMI switches are perfect for getting rid of the hassles that come with plugging and unplugging different devices from the same TV and simplifying the switch between them.
Q: Do HDMI switches cause lag?
A: As long as you get an excellent switcher that has an actively functioning circuit, you won’t experience lag. However, note that external factors like compatibility of the devices or inputs quality can also cause that lag.