10 Best Gas Hobs Reviews UK 2021 - Top-Rated Models Compared
A gas hob is slightly different than a gas stove. The latter is a free-standing appliance while a gas hob is designed to seamlessly form a part of your kitchen countertop. Replacing a hob or purchasing your first one is an important decision. So if you are looking for the best gas hob reviews of the year, we've hunted down the most worthy appliances for your convenience.
Table of Contents
Best Gas Hobs On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best gas hob is the Ceramic Hob With Automatic Ignition by CDA Products. It has four cooking zones topped with ceramic pan supports. The latter you can pop into the dishwasher to clean and the cooking zones each come in a different size. This enables the ambitious chef in you to prepare different portions of veggies, meat, and perhaps even sauce at the same time.
The appliance is made with stainless steel, which is the best surface for no-fuss maintenance.
Overall, its look is classy and neat with four control knobs lined to the right of the burners. The hob has automatic ignition but in case you're worried about the dangers of leaking gas, here's the good news. The appliance has a safety feature that activates when a flame fails to ignite.
- Product measures 50 x 58 x 4.3 cm.
- There are four burners.
- Flame failure safety feature.
- The stove ignites automatically.
- Simplistic and modern appearance.
- Quick heating saves power.
- This isn't a huge problem but for consumers looking for 5 burners gas hobs, this one is too small.
- This is also more a necessity than a dealbreaker (and this counts for all gas hobs), but the appliance must be installed by a qualified professional.
This gas hob is dreamy. It's perfect for anyone who loves cooking with the best appliances that are also beautiful. What makes it so attractive? The hob has a black glass surface. The pan supports are made from heavy-duty cast iron and capped with ceramic pan supports. Taken together, this gas hob is not only stunning but also well-made to endure years of use and spillage.
The hob has four burners with separate control knobs and temperature speeds. All the dials are arranged in a neat row and placed conveniently out of the way. It also gives you automatic ignition - and peace of mind - thanks to a device that instantly cuts off the gas should a flame accidentally go out. You don't have to worry about gas harming your family because none will get the chance to escape. The hob also comes with conversion jets if, instead of gas, you'd rather want to use bottled butane or propane.
- The product measures 25.8 x 19.4 x 18.6 cm.
- The black glass surface is beautiful and easy to clean.
- A four-burner hob.
- Instant ignition.
- Safety features include automatic gas cut-off when flames go out and a tough glass surface.
- Conversion jets allow the use of propane and butane instead of gas.
- Power efficient.
- The cast iron pan supports remain very hot after cooking. Avoid touching them for at least half an hour.
- A few consumers have reported that it takes a few clicks to ignite the hob.
Who doesn't love a delicious wok recipe? This gas hob is perfect for stir-fry fans. With four cooking zones, you have a choice to whip up a single meal on the wok burner or use all four zones to create a more complicated feast. The wok burner comes with a cradle that safely hugs the shape of a wok. This keeps the vessel securely in place.
The appliance gives instant heat and has a wonderful feature - the pan grates are large enough to prevent pots from slipping and falling off. This railing is also perfect for when you need to shift a pan to another burner. You can just slide it over without having to lift a hot, boiling container and risk an accident. The rail is also dishwasher safe.
Another great safety feature is the hob's built-in system to shut the gas off when there's a flame failure.
These days, people are busy - even when they're supposed to be giving their attention to cooking. That's when pots boil over. In the cases when the spilling liquid douses a gas fire, things get dangerous. When that scenario hits this gas hob, it will automatically shut off and keep your home safe.
- The hob measures 68 x 60 x 17 cm.
- Made by a well-known brand.
- Includes a wok zone and safety cradle.
- The other safety features include gas leak protection and large grates to keep pots stable on the hob.
- The above railing is removable and dishwasher friendly.
- There are four burners.
- It saves time and power by cooking meals very fast.
- The hob's appearance is plainer but can still please the minimalist mind.
- A few consumers have mentioned that the product is slightly larger than advertised and the chosen worktop needs to be trimmed for the hob to fit.
This gas hob is suitable for those looking for a trusted brand name, quality, and looks. There are four cooking zones covered by two large support frames. The latter gives you safer control when sliding pots over to another burner or just to keep containers stable during cooking. Speaking of which, you can whip up small to multi-ingredient meals with the four independently controlled burners.
This hob also activates your chosen zone the moment you turn the knob. Just like one would expect of the best gas hobs, this one also kills the gas instantly the moment when the flame is extinguished for some reason. Besides the safety features, you can also look forward to rapid cooking on the burners, which are quick to heat. The hob also saves on power depending on the strength you choose, which ranges between 1000 watts to 3000 watts for each hob ring.
- The hob measures 51 x 58 x 4 cm.
- It comes with a 1-year guarantee.
- Automatic ignition.
- A trusted brand.
- Variable temperature control for each burner.
- Safety frames keep pots stable.
- A modern appearance.
- Some installations might require adaptive parts but this isn't always the case.
- While it can handle a wok, there isn't a specific wok burner or cradle.
This gas hob is a great choice if you like the previous product but had to pass because it only had four cooking zones and no wok burner. Well, this 5 burner gas hob has more zones and one of them is specifically designed to heat your favourite wok dish quickly and safely.
Besides a cradle that keeps the wok in place, you don't have to worry about flimsy pan supports with your other cooking pots. This hob also has safety panels that allow more stability and easy to control transfers between cooking zones. Needless to say, this is a useful option when the pots are large and heavy.
Similar to the previous hob, the temperature is easy to control even when you're using all five burners at the same time. Each one has a variable temperature dial to suit your meal preparations. Wattage choice range between 1000 and 3300 watts. The flame turns on automatically and the heat follows quickly. This instant warmth is what helps to seal in food's flavour and reduces cooking time. The unit is also fetching with stainless steel and cast iron supports, making it a suitable match with any kitchen's decor.
- The product measures 92.4 x 61 x 18.2 cm.
- A good-looking silver finish with black zones.
- The hob has a special wok burner.
- A trusted brand.
- Easy to operate.
- There are five cooking zones with variable temperatures.
- Automatic ignition.
- The cast-iron cooking zones stay hot and can cause burns, so don't clean the hob for at least half an hour after switching it off.
- The knobs look a bit old-fashioned.
If you like the brand and five burners but don't really want a wok cradle, then this gas hob is up for grabs. Indeed, you can look forward to all the favourite features that appear with this brand's 5 burner gas hobs. They include a stainless steel surface that is easy to clean, while the cast iron stands retain heat to prepare your meals faster and save power. As one of the best gas hobs, its safety features also include an automatic flame failure mechanism. Additionally, the stands are wide enough to safely move pots between the zones without needing to lift them.
The five gas burners have different sizes, allowing a range of small, medium, and large portions to simmer at the same time.
Or if you need some to simmer and others to boil like nobody's business, you can adjust the temperature for each zone. All the control dials are located in a row at the front of the gas hob. This puts them in a convenient place for you to use. You can also choose your power levels, with a range of 1000 to 3600 watts. Besides being one of the best electric hobs, the unit is also sleek-looking. By all means, its looks and skills make this hob a power addition to any home that wants modern touches in the kitchen.
- The hob measures 75 x 51 x 9 cm.
- It comes with a 2-year guarantee.
- A trusted brand.
- Includes several safety features, including automatic gas leak prevention and a grille that steadies your cooking vessels during use.
- Five zones with individual variable temperature dials.
- This hob also has a cast iron supports that need time to cool down. While hot, they remain a burn hazard.
- A few customers have reported that the hob arrives with its flames set at full power and that these settings had to be manually readjusted to get more control over the strength of the heat.
This lovely ducky is a must for people who love glass, gas hobs, and white stuff in the kitchen. That's right, this hob has a gorgeous white surface made from thick glass. The colour scheme is also enhanced with black dials running vertically on the right side of the hob. The pan supports and burners are also black. The touch of dark was a good touch from the designers since it intensifies the brightness of the white base.
The whole hob is easy to wipe down after a spill, so you don't have to worry that the white colour might stain and look horrible after a few uses. Each zone ignites instantly and offers power control with a wattage range of 1000 to 3400 watts.
The highest setting is specifically designed to heat the perfect wok dish. As you'd expect by now; you can cook an entire meal at once by adjusting each burner to the perfect temperature to cook vegetables, meat, and sauces at the same time. While its features are similar to most of the other hobs we've already covered, it's noteworthy for its beauty, being simple to use, and the fact that the hob is made from quality materials. Under the perfect conditions, this one will last for years.
- The hob measures 60 x 51 x 9 cm.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The appliance looks fantastic.
- Each burner has an auto shut-off feature for flame failure.
- This hob doesn't have stabilizing pan panels, so one must watch the pots that they don't fall off after receiving an accidental knock.
- The pan supports are cast-iron parts and a burn hazard when cleaning commences too soon after cooking.
Here's another dependable deal if you're looking for a hob with four burners. If you're also a stainless steel fan rather than a glass junkie, then step closer. Produced by a trusted brand, this silvery hob has four large dials for easy turning. This is useful if you hate tiny buttons or have a health issue like arthritis of the hands. Each dial tells a specific burner what temperature you desire, from rapid heat to auxiliary. In addition, this model gives you power options between 1000 to 3300 watts.
Do you also want the panels that both stabilize and allow you to move pots without any lifting? Consider it done. The two panels cover the burners in pairs and are forged from durable cast iron. This material holds heat and helps to make this another hob that turns meals out faster and cut power costs.
- The product measures 59 x 51 x 9.5 cm.
- It comes with a 2-year guarantee.
- A well-known brand.
- No need to lift pots between burners.
- Instant fire ignition.
- Gas leak protection when the fire goes out.
- Another model with cast iron parts. Cleaning must wait until after they cool down to avoid injuries.
- To use all four burners simultaneously, one cannot use large pots as they won't all fit on the hob.
This cooktop is another stainless steel and cast-iron hybrid that works like a charm. The steel surface looks great and makes maintenance a breeze. The iron pan supports also cover most of the hob in a classy design that serves to stabilize your cookware and increase the heat. But let's have a look at this hob and the power options which, in turn, opens a wonderful world of preparation possibilities.
With this hob, you can simmer, fry, braise, stir-fry, roast, steam, and melt stuff. The auxiliary burner operates at 1000 watts and can handle anything in pots with a diameter of 10 to 14 cm.
The semi-rapid burners (there are two), have a power capacity of 1800 watts and they handle cookware with a diameter of 16 to 20 cm. The final burner's triple rings burn power at 3400 watts and suit diameters from 24 to 26 cm. The triple-ring burner is also perfect for your wok.
- The hob measures 58 x 52 x 10 cm.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- A beautiful design that is sleek and minimalist.
- Instant ignition.
- A wattage range between 1000 to 1300 watts.
- CE safety certified.
- The hob also cuts gas instantly when the flame dies.
- Instant heat.
- One must keep the button in hard to ignite the burners.
- Some consumers have reported issues with their hobs when trying to light a burner. It clicks a few times before igniting.
Alright, it's modern but what features can you look forward to? There are four burners with independent variable temperature settings. Your chosen burner lights automatically when you turn its dial. Power bills won't overwhelm you, either. The hob cooks quickly and stays in a range of 1000 to 3000 watts. Each burner counteracts flames that snuff without permission and thus stops leaking gas in its tracks. The two pan support panels are also why this product ranks among the safest hobs - if you prefer not to lift pots between burners.
- 51 x 58 x 4 cm.
- It looks stunning with a nearly all-black base.
- It can cook different portions at different temperatures at the same time.
- Electric ignition.
- Power saving.
- Created by a trusted brand.
- 1-Year guarantee.
- Effective safety features against gas leakage and falling pots.
- In some cases, the ignition is reportedly difficult to light the flame and only succeeds after several tries.
- No wok holder.
Best Gas Hobs Recap
- 1. Ceramic Hob With Automatic Ignition By CDA Products
- 2. Glass Hob With Cast Iron Pan Supports By Sia
- 3. Gas Hob With Wok Burner By Samsung
- 4. Stainless Steel 4-Burner Gas Hob By Russell Hobbs
- 5. Best Gas 5 Burner Hob By Russell Hobbs
- 6. Electric 5-Burner Gas Hob By Russell Hobbs
- 7. White Glass Hob With Wok Burner By MILLAR
- 8. Best Gas Hob With 4 Zones By Russell Hobbs
- 9. Power 4-Burner Gas Hob By Gasland
- 10. Black Gas Hob With 4 Burners By Russell Hobbs
Gas hobs make cooking faster and the spills easier to clean. But this is a pretty big appliance that needs to be installed in the kitchen. For this reason, it's wise to consider your options carefully before making the leap. You don't want to jump in haste and land in Sorry Town. If this is your first time scouting and you're not entirely sure how to avoid the pitfalls, don't worry. This buying guide brings together the top tips to guide you towards your dream hob.
Consider Your Needs First
Make a list of what you'd like in a hob. How many burners would you like?
If you love cooking with a wok, there are gas hobs 5 burner deals that include a special cradle to hold the wok. Others don't have this safety feature. Speaking of which, your needs should preferably include staying safe from gas leaks, spills, and burns. Most products offer excellent counterpoints to such dangers.
Finally, decide what power range you're willing to pay for. Different models work with different wattage but most are very power efficient.
Consider Your Available Space
Once you've figured out what you want, make sure that your countertop is large enough. These appliances must be installed and if you don't already have an opening left by a previous hob, it will require the services of a handyman to cut the nook and install the hob. You might love a hob with five burners but if the kitchen is too small, the math won't add up. But don't despair. There are plenty of hobs that are smaller but pack just as much power with their four cooking zones.
Take Your Time To Decide
Hey, impulse buying is fun. We get it. But making quick decisions when you're wandering down the appliance aisle (real or virtual), often leads to bad products that, in turn, lead to disappointment and dangerous situations.
Say you have the space for that hob with five burners. Browse with patience. Take note of the things you like and more importantly, what online reviewers didn't like. This strategy is sober enough to help you separate the pretenders from the quality products.
A Guarantee Is A Winner
Great, you've drawn up a shortlist of hobs you'd like to own. But what happens when something goes wrong? Accidents and glitches happen. Your hob can get damaged in the mail or even in the factory. Unfortunately, you're left holding the baby when the hob arrives in a bad condition or breaks down after two days. That's why your final choice should come with a guarantee. It's not a rule carved in stone but this will give you peace of mind, knowing that should something go wrong, you'll get a replacement or a refund.
Q: Are Glass Gas Hobs Any Good?
A: Glass gas hobs are good to use. They work exactly like other gas hobs made with stainless steel. However, if you decide to purchase a glass gas hob, you'll acquire a truly beautiful appliance. Most come in black or white glass that is easy to clean. But always make sure that the glass is thick and safety treated. If the manufacturer doesn't mention that the glass surface is safe, then look for the brands that do.
Q: Which Is The Best Gas Hobs Or Induction Hobs?
A: The best gas hobs or induction hobs are models that work efficiently. With gas hobs, you are looking for quality materials, power saving features, safety mechanisms, and hobs that are easy to install. With induction hobs, which are different from gas hobs, you basically need to look for the same things but stay sharp on the quality angle. These electric hobs work with great technology that includes magnetic fields and needing the bottom of your pan to complete a circuit to start its efficient heating process. However, low-quality electric hobs might not be designed to last or even work well.
Q: Which Gas Stove Is The Best One?
A: Which gas stove is the best one really depends on your needs. Some electric hobs come with four or five burners and different features but the best hobs must have one thing in common. They must work as advertised and provide satisfying results. Overall, the best gas stove is made with quality materials and a design that delivers a workable appliance.