Best Dumbbell Set Reviews UK 2021 - Top-Rated Models Compared
A set of weights for home gym fans is a must. These products help us to achieve our fitness goals, to grow stronger, and to lose weight.
If you want to add dumbbells to your home workouts, you've come to the right place.
We've carefully chosen all the top products on the market today - and one of them is surely the best dumbbell set for you.
Table of Contents
Best Dumbbell Sets On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best dumbbell set is the Best Adjustable Dumbbells by PROIRON. This adjustable dumbbell set is perfect for anyone who wants a single pair of weights but two different kinds. What on earth does that mean? It means that you can use the free connection steel tube to turn the dumbbells into barbells. Hello, double-duty wonder. We love you.
The 20 kg dumbbells set is also forged from cast iron. But besides being made from highly durable material, you can also look forward to a professional-looking kit. The latter includes the steel bar, 4 spin collars, and 12 weight plates ranging between 0.5 kg and 2.5 kg.
- Adjustable dumbbell set.
- High-quality cast iron.
- 20 Kg in total weight.
- 12 weight plates.
- Ergonomic handgrip.
- The iron weights included might be too light for serious weight training. However, the bar is strong enough to add heavier weight plates purchased separately.
- The collars are sometimes a little loose, although this is not a common issue.
Here is another handsome choice if you're shopping for adjustable dumbbells. Indeed, they can transform from a set of 2 dumbbells, each weighing 10 kg, to a single barbell. You can also add and remove any of the 12 weight disks to suit your weight training and fitness goals.
If you don't like metal dumbbells sets, then this collection won't disappoint. The weights are made of plastic and filled with sand. As a bonus, each weight is also rubber coated to protect the floor. This rubber layer also mutes the sound (so nobody will know that you are fanatically working out at 3 AM).
But whether you're picking up the set or putting the barbell down, the ergonomic handgrip will also ensure that your wrists are safe and that the weights sets won't slip from your grasp.
- 20 Kg total weight.
- The weight plates are easy to adjust.
- Adjustable weights that can switch between dumbbells and a barbell.
- Rubber coating protects flooring and reduces noise.
- The disks have a tendency to crack and leak sand.
- Some consumers feel that the plastic parts are of low quality.
These are definitely the best dumbbells to buy if you're hankering for a free (and exceptionally detailed) exercise program. But besides getting a lot of advice and exercises to grow more buff, what else can you expect? Plenty, in fact.
For one, the quality is sterling. Each of the 12 weight disks is made from cast iron that will last for years. The spinlocks are high-grade plastic. Thanks to this, the locks will effectively stop the weights from wobbling. Each bar also has a knurling grip that prevents slipping, even during the most sweaty home workout. The set of dumbbells is also perfect for strengthening your upper back and shoulders.
- 20 Kg total weight.
- High-quality parts.
- One of the safest hand weight sets thanks to the knurling grip.
- A free exercise program is included.
- The dumbbells weights set is adjustable with different weights. But it cannot turn into a barbell.
- It's not rubber coated, so the home training weights can potentially damage the floor.
Are you a total beginner? Then this set of dumbbells could be the best pick for your home gym. They are easy to use. You'll learn quickly and easily how to stack weights, adjust them on the bar, and how to lock them in place with the spring lock collars.
Just because this is perfect as a starter set doesn't mean that the quality is roadkill-grade. Nope. You'll get the best. Indeed, the set of dumbbells are made with solid vinyl. So if you're looking for the best dumbbells that will last for years - and grow with you over that time - then perhaps this set is the best pair to take home. The 8 plates range from 1.5 kg to 2.5 kg and are suitable for the beginner who wants to do some serious buffing.
- 20 Kg total weight.
- The vinyl dumbbell weights are solid and high-grade.
- 8 Weights.
- Easy to use.
- Safe grip area.
- This is not a suitable adjustable dumbbell collection if you also want a barbell.
- Not suitable for more experienced weightlifters.
Enthusiastic weightlifting can give dumbbells a sad appearance. Those cracks, nicks, and rust spots. Oh, what an eyesore. Roll away those dumbbells and have a look at this set. As far as durable weights are concerned, we're looking at the choice pair on the market. But what makes this set so special? Well, the dumbbells were designed with several features to make them last - and to look good - for a long time.
These features include being rust-proof and water-proof. The semi-gloss finish prevents cracks and peeling. The durability is also backed up by safety features. The bar is strong, the knurling provides a solid grip, and the spinlock collars will keep the weights securely in place.
- A choice between 15 or 20 Kg total weight.
- Durable features.
- Safe grip.
- Adjustable and easy to use.
- No rubber coating.
- No pole to turn the dumbbells into a barbell.
These dumbbells best suit the beginner or recovering patient. Sure, they only total 10 kg in weight but don't run away from them just yet. There are several reasons why this set made the top list for the year. Here they are.
The set is gorgeous. Made from cast iron and coated with soft-coloured neoprene, you can rest assured that these dumbbells will make a quality and good-looking addition to your home gym's equipment. The dumbbells are a good choice if you want to workout often because the soft grip is easy on the fingers. Storage is also a delightfully organized affair. The 8 barbells are nestled inside a durable case. Thanks to this, they are easy to carry and store.
- A carry case.
- The dumbbells are colourful.
- The neoprene coating ensures a good grip.
- The 8 weights range between 0.5 kg and 2 kg.
- Not adjustable weights.
- Only totals 10 kg in weight.
This product is perfect for anyone who hates dumbbells that roll away. Because, you know, they don't have a stand. The first benefit of this collection is that it comes with a rack included. It perfectly cradles the 3 sets of dumbbells which, respectively, weigh 1.5 kg, 3 kg, and 5 kg each. But there's more.
The dumbbells are colour-coded so you'll know exactly which weight to grab. They are also versatile and ergonomic enough to ensure years of flexible workouts. Indeed, they can be used to tone the entire body or target specific muscles for more serious weight challenges.
- Includes a dumbbell stand.
- 3 Sets of dumbbells that are colour-coded.
- Perfect for a wide range of exercises.
- Ergonomic and easy to use.
- These are not adjustable dumbbells.
- Only delivers to UK mainland.
They are not exactly hex dumbbells. But the top and bottom are slightly flattened. This prevents them from rolling away and demolishing your foot or your aunt's favourite vase. So if you'd like some more safety features with your weights, you'll get everything you need with these! Each dumbbell has a neoprene coating to ensure that sweat won't cause your hand to slip. Additionally, the soft material allows you to exercise in comfort.
You also get to choose your own best weight option. The dumbbell pair is available in sets of 1 kg, 2 kg, 3 kg, 4 kg, 5 kg, 6kg, 8kg, and 10kg. As a bonus, the weights will arrive at your front door with a poster detailing plenty of exercises that you can do at home.
- Anti-roll technology.
- Neoprene coating.
- Available in a wide range of different weights.
- Free exercise poster.
- Made from cast iron.
- These are not adjustable dumbbells.
- A few consumers ended up with mismatched dumbbells or different sizes than what they ordered.
Here's something else if the previous product appealed to your neoprene-loving senses. A slightly better difference is the hex design. The dumbbell's six sides make this object a slow snail when it rolls. Okay, it will probably never roll away and that's great.
The core is cast iron. So, happy day - your pair will outlast your best efforts. But you do remember correctly; we did mention neoprene as a coating. Benefits of this material include keeping the dumbbell rust-free, dry, and to provide a non-slip and comfortable hold. These versatile tools are suitable for all genders and ages. They are great for strength building, core training, balance, toning, and even rehabilitation.
- Stable hex dumbbell pair that won't roll.
- Neoprene coating.
- High-quality iron core.
- A good choice for pregnant women, older individuals, and rehabilitating patients.
- Available in pairs of 1 kg, 2 kg, 3 kg, 4 kg, 5 kg, 8 kg, and 10kg,
- This is not a full set as some images might show. The product you'll get is a single pair consisting of two individual weights.
- Not adjustable.
Yoga or pilates. Perhaps you curl those biceps while watching the telly. Whatever the finer details of your fitness regimen, these weights are perfect for daily use. This is mostly due to the neoprene. But besides being safe to hold (and comfy), slip-free, and colourful, this dumbbell pair is made with champion quality in mind.
That's right, this is no plastic cheapo. The iron interior is premium-grade, ensuring that it cannot crack or break (unless an asteroid hits the gym). If you're chemical-conscious, the good news is that the product is also phthalate and lead-free. Also, if you fear rolling dumbbells, the flattened top and bottom of each weight ensure that these dumbbells won't chase you.
- Phthalate and lead-free.
- Neoprene coating and iron core.
- Suitable for daily exercise.
- Quality materials.
- Available in weight sets of 1 kg, 1.5 kg, 2 kg, 3 kg, 4 kg, 5 kg, 8 kg, and 10kg.
- Easy to clean.
- Note that some images might show a large group of weights but the product being sold is a single pair of weights.
- Not an adjustable dumbbell pair.
Best Dumbbell Sets Recap
- 1. The Best Adjustable Dumbbells By PROIRON
- 2. The Best Home Gym Adjustable Dumbbells By CCLIFE
- 3. The Best Dumbbells With Exercise Program By York Fitness
- 4. The Best Starter Set Of Dumbbells By Gallant
- 5. The Best Dumbbells For Intensive Home Use By Xn8
- 6. The Top Home Dumbbells Weight With Carry Case By DTX Fitness
- 7. The Top Dumbbells With A Home Stand By Body Sculpture
- 8. The Top Dumbbells With Safety Features By KG Physio
- 9. Hex Dumbbells Best For Total Body Workouts By Arteesol
- 10. The Top Dumbbell Pair For Daily Exercise By PROIRON
Dumbbell Set Buying Guide
Choosing a new pair of dumbbells is exciting. However, to avoid a disappointing purchase, there are some things to keep in mind. Too tired from your workout to do the research? Don't worry. We have, like wily foxes, pounced upon the best guidelines out there and dragged them all together in one place. Here they are.
Dumbbells Must Be Quality Products
A quality dumbbell is made from the best materials like iron, vinyl, and neoprene. But other things denote quality as well. The top sets will have safety features, including non-slip handles and anti-roll technology. A bad dumbbell might rust, break, or even injure a person. It's worth paying a little extra for something that is safe and durable.
Adjustable And Non-Adjustable Dumbbells
It's important to decide beforehand which type of dumbbell you want. Adjustable types allow you to slot more flat weights into place to make your dumbbell heavier. If you want variety with non-adjustable dumbbells, you'll have to buy different pairs. Either way, both offer great training opportunities for the novice and expert.
Give That Product The Suspicious Eye
Okay, not too suspicious. You might get a headache. But the bottom line is this. As exciting as it is to buy new dumbbells, there is always the possibility of misreading the product description. Or worse, reading a misleading product description. The best course of action is to read reviews that were written by verified buyers. You'll get the truth straight from the gym-goer's mouth. Only consider products that consistently get great reviews.
A Short Summary
As you can see, the way to dumbbell bliss is not hard. A great set is made with quality materials, has safety features, and receives raving reviews.
But on a more personal note, picking the right set for yourself also depends on your own level of fitness and strength. Beginners can start on the lower end with smaller weights and work their way up. If you are also very serious about weightlifting, then you might want to leave the yoga store and head over to the heavy-duty adjustable dumbbell corner.
So there you have the magic formula - great quality, great performance, and your body's comfort level. Combine those three and you'll get your perfect set of dumbbells.
Q: Which Dumbbell Is The Best For Beginners?
A: The best dumbbell for beginners is any set that you can work with comfortably. If you struggle to pick up a certain amount of weight, go lower until you find something that is manageable but somewhat challenging. This sweet spot is different for every beginner.
Q: Is A Dumbbell Set Of 20 Kg Enough?
A: A dumbbell set of 20 kg is enough when you are new to weightlifting or just want to keep your body toned. But a bigger set is required for more intense weightlifting and competitive bodybuilding.
Q: What Are Dumbbells Made Of?
A: Dumbbells are made of different materials. The most common high-quality materials that suit dumbbells best are cast iron and vinyl. Some of the best dumbbells are also coated in rubber. This prevents them from damaging flooring while also muting those clanking noises that weights are prone to.