Best Cordless Landline Phone Reviews UK 2021 - Top-Rated Models Compared
Due to the imminent rise of consumerism and the need to always be up-to-date with the latest development, we have gotten too attached to our smart devices. Mobile phones break, get lost or are stolen significantly more than traditional landline ones, which is why the latter is the more reliable choice.
We might not get a chance to experience the nostalgia of spending hours of talk time holding the phone's string, but we can compromise with a more modern approach. Cordless phones are here now, and lucky for us, they come with a wide range to choose from.
Table of Contents
Best Cordless Landline Phones On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best cordless landline phone is Panasonic's Trio handset phone system that is still going strong after five years of first coming in the market. If you're tired of telemarketers or don't want your intrusive boss to hit your landline, you can use the nuisance call feature that lets you block specific numbers from calling. The best house phone has also integrated a "do not disturb" mode that can hinder ringing for specific timelines while allowing you to whitelist your preferred people (or groups). And the best feature it has? Its base unit and handset both inform you about the caller ID by voice, so you won't ever have to go all the way to the base to scoff at the unwanted caller again.
- It is Amazon's Choice for the best home phones.
- It has an ECO mode that secures the base unit is powered off until the handset is active or a call comes in.
- It has a 4 cm (1.8") LCD screen that is very easy to read.
- It has a 40-minute digital answering machine.
- It has a slightly lower volume than the standard.
- Some customers found that its call blocking feature is rather basic compared to other landlines phones.
The top cordless phone has a 200 number directory, 1000 number blocking capacity and a 60-minute recording potential from its answering machine. The information is all shared between the three handsets, so you will never have to do a base run again. Being among the best cordless phones in terms of security, the BT unit uses the latest trueCall blocking technology that will block up to 100% of nuisance calls - until it detects the call patterns you want to avoid. Whether you want your calls to be transferred to your mobile, easily set-up a three-way call or lay on the couch hands-free while talking to your best bud - the BT4600 has got your back!
- It has a sound amplifying button for those with a hearing aid.
- It has a parental control funciton that protects outgoing dials by using a PIN code.
- It has an outdoor talking range of 300 m (984 ft) and an indoor range of 50 m (164 ft).
- It has a versatile answering machine packed with a lot of features.
- Its volume is indeed higher, but its sound quality is reduced.
- Some people found the call ID sliding to be annoying.
This BT range comes with two landline phones and uses a contemporary twist that is both satisfying and easy to use. With a 4 cm (1.8'') backlit screen, you can read all the calls or voice messages that you missed for the day. As with the best landline phones, BT offers a nuisance call blocking feature that lets you block up to 100 people, while its "do not disturb" mode gives another layer of protection. It also supplies with a practical answering machine that can record up to 30 minutes, while showcasing a call waiting panel that informs you of who's trying to reach you through a call. And the best part about its features is that they can all be done by a hands-free operation.
- It comes with a one-year warranty by BT.
- It allows you to block up to 100 numbers.
- It comes with an additional charger apart from the main one.
- It has a long-range reception of 300 m (984 ft) of outdoor use and 50 m (164 ft) indoor use.
- It doesn't block all nuisance calls.
- Its sound quality isn't very clear.
- Its charging port isn't very conveniently designed.
Panasonic has manufactured an additional series of the best cordless phones that are made of a sturdy base unit and two headsets. The compact landline phone is very practical and easy to use thanks to its hands-free operation and one-touch functions. The cordless phone grants you a 50-entry phonebook that's matched with a caller ID function. Want to save some pounds? Go ahead and press the ECO mode key that reduces signal output to 90% and saves up to 3.5% more energy. The best cordless phones can also provide with 16 hours of talk time and 200 hours of standby time, so you will certainly be signing up for the long run.
- Its answering machine can record up to 18 minutes while letting you add your greeting.
- It has a nuisance call feature that can block a range of numbers.
- It has a FullDot 4 cm (1.6'') screen that's fit for the visually impaired.
- You can use its handset packs as an intercom.
- The address book from the main phone can't be transferred to the second handset.
- Its volume levels are relatively low.
Another manufacturer of the best cordless phones in the market is Gigaset, and its first showcased product here is the fantastic A45AA trio headset model. The reliable landline phone has an economical technology that can sustain longer talk and standby times than its competitors'. The high-quality unit has an anonymous call silencing feature and a nuisance block function that's very efficient at blacklisting unwanted callers. Thanks to its DECT technology integration, Gigaset's premium phone is the best choice for durability and trustworthiness in the long run. The german product is also among the top cordless phones for suitability with hearing aids, so you don't have to worry about its sound quality and volume either.
- It has an 18 hour talk time and 200 hour standby time.
- It has a selectable day and night mode.
- It supports display caller ID with a phonebook capacity of 100 numbers.
- It's compatible with hands-free talking.
- Its ringing volume is not very loud.
- The batteries provided need about four hours to be charged fully.
This BT landline phone uses one of the best display design as it incorporates the reliability of high-quality landline phones with the conventionality of modern ideas. The phone in itself is very functional too, as it can block up to 100% of unwanted calls thanks to its nuisance call function. Its designated call block button will also aid you with blacklisting up to 1000 numbers so that you can kiss cold calls goodbye for good. And if that's not enough, the twin cordless phones will also grant you the freedom to answer the mobile phone in your home unit while also allowing you to sync the contacts from your phone.
- It comes with a one-year warranty by BT.
- It has a high-quality sound with adjustable volumes.
- Its answering machine can record up to 60 minutes of calls.
- It supports 22 hours of talk time.
- It has a large screen display with easy to read functions.
- It doesn't have caller-ID for the blocked numbers.
- The phonebook searching speed is relatively slow.
- Some customers found its instruction manual to be confusing.
Similar to the previous TGC222EB model, this phone range by Panasonic remains as one of the best in terms of ease of use and feasibility. The twin phones have an illuminated LCD display that contains information ranging from caller ID to full-on settings on its menu. Its smart Eco feature will reduce energy consumption to a minimum, while the nuisance blocking function will do the same to your nerves. The phone also has a unique night mode that imitates "do not disturb" features that will stop callers from reaching you at night (or your preferred time). All settings are easily adjustable and offer fantastic versatility, so you're granted to have the best experience with each call.
- Good value for money.
- Its phonebook capacity includes 50 contacts.
- It has a hands-free speaker mode on the handsets.
- It has a good battery life compared to other units.
- It doesn't have an answering machine.
- Some buyers found issues with the hard-to-read instruction manual.
If you don't need multiple handsets and are only on the lookout to find a good and reliable cordless phone, BT's single handset with a base unit is the best choice for you. The durable phone unit has a high-sound quality and an easy to read screen display so that accessibility won't be a problem. By using its "do not disturb" mode, you can detach from the technological world entirely and only allow specific contacts to reach you. If you decide to upgrade to more handsets, you can automatically share contacts between the additions for an added convenience.
- It is labelled as an Amazon best-seller for the telephone range.
- It lets you redial any of the last 20 calls you have made.
- It comes with a one-year warranty by BT.
- It has a nuisance block call feature for up to 20 contacts.
- It takes some trial and error to place the handset on the base plate.
- It doesn't have an answering machine.
Panasonic has also supplied with a single landline phone that should be taken seriously if simplicity is of the highest priority. The TGB210 constitutes a budget-friendly premium phone that is packed with some excellent functions. With low radiation levels and helpful LCD display, you can effortlessly operate the phone on any occasion. With a talking time of 16 hours and 50-contact phonebook capacity, the TGB210 remains as one of the best landline phones for both home and commercial use. Other handy features include multi-language support, 10 number redial function and a helpful alarm clock on the handset.
- It has hands-free functionality.
- It is straightforward to set up and use.
- Its layout is very ergonomically designed.
- It's Amazon's Choice for single landline cordless telephones.
- Good value for money.
- It doesn't have a loudspeaker function.
- It doesn't have a nuisance call blocking feature.
- It doesn't have an answering unit.
As far as twin sets go, you will surely not be disappointed with BT's 3580 phone range that was designed having convenience in mind. The hands-free compatible phone can supply you with 10 hours of talking time while sustaining more than 200 of them on standby mode. The cordless phone will answer your calls, record your messages (up to 20 minutes) and divert your calls automatically, so you will have to put in minimal effort. The phone can also block sets of numbers, contacts or first digits so that you will be in control for all the entirety.
- It has a reception range of 50 m (164 ft) for indoors and 300 m (984 ft).
- It has five ringtones with different volume levels.
- It is compatible with showcasing the call log and caller ID.
- It has significantly longer battery life.
- Its sound quality is not the best.
- Its plastic build is rather flimsy.
Best Cordless Landline Phones Recap
- 1. KX-TGJ323EB Cordless Phone with By Panasonic
- 2. Cordless 4600 Home Phone with Answering Machine and Nuisance Call Blocker By BT
- 3. Cordless Home Phone with Nuisance Call Blocking By BT
- 4. KX-TGC222EB Digital Cordless Phone with LCD Display By Panasonic
- 5. A455A Cordless Phone with Answering Machine and Nuisance Call Block By Gigaset
- 6. Twin Handset Home Phone with Nuisance Blocking and Answering Machine By BT
- 7. KX-TGC312EB Digital Cordless Phone with Nuisance Call Blocker By Panasonic
- 8. Everyday Cordless Home Phone with Basic Call Blocking By BT
- 9. KX-TGB210 Single Digital Cordless Phone By Panasonic
- 10. 3580 Twin Digital Cordless Telephone with Answering Machine By BT
Cordless Landline Phone Buying Guide
The thing about landline phones is that their worth differs according to the requirements each customer has. If you're tired of cold calls then you're going to favour the nuisance feature, or if you don't want to get inside the yeard each time someone reaches you, then the range is on the top of your list. Here are the most frequent demands that buyers have translated into a short guide.
People believe that having multiple handsets is only profitable for commercial use, but that's not the only case. You can use various handsets to have call transfers or internal calls for more versatility.
Most base units can sustain up to six handsets, and the good thing is that you can decide to buy additional ones whenever you see fit. Twin or trio handsets are ideal for small to medium-sized families and especially helpful when they're intended to serve as back-up devices in case the other ones fail.
Landline phones specialise in providing an excellent sound quality with their calls, and that's why they're more reliable than mobile phones or other communication channels. The best way to measure a phone's quality is by assessing its volume controls, capacity and accessibility for hard of hearing folk. Typically, manufacturers design cordless phones by testing them out in terms of volume, clarity and overall audio quality. Variability in volume control is usually a good indicator of the right product, but you should always read the reviews to ensure that it is the right choice for you.
This feature refers to the amount of distance from the base unit that a headset can sustain. This feature is especially crucial for large homeowners, companies or those who prefer to talk to their family while being in the garden. As you may have noticed, the standard includes 50 metres for indoor use (164 feet) and 300 metres for outdoor use (984 feet). Wall thickness, interfering signals, and power strength can all modify this value, but anything close to this range should be good enough for shared living spaces
Other features that make landline communication better are more of a matter of preference and differ in terms of importance for different people. Nuisance Blocking is a beneficial feature that eliminates the aggravation of having to deal with telemarketers or cold callers. Different brands support different settings, but most manufacturers allow you to block specific contacts or numbers, create a blacklist group or even add certain digits to the list. Another useful function is the Answering Service that takes your calls, records messages or transfers people who are trying to reach you into your mobile phone. Of course, the versatility range depends on the product, but even the most basic landline phones are generally capable of handling these operations.
Q: What is a cordless landline phone?
A: A cordless landline phone is a telephone unit that can be used as a portable device but functions by using a landline frequency transmission. It is usually constructed of a base unit that is connected to the landline and a specific number of handsets that rest on the base.
Q: What should I look for when buying a cordless home phone?
A: As with any telephonic device, the most critical feature is sound quality. The durability and design in itself are essential as well because they include hallmarks like range, transmission, volume and accessibility; all of which are essential for the signal quality. The latest cordless phones also incorporate handy functions like nuisance blocking, answering service, DND or Bluetooth.
Q: What is the best cordless phone?
A: The best cordless phone is Panasonic's KX-TGJ323EB trio handset that is functional, durable and cost-effective.