10 Best Cordless Hedge Trimmer Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
A neatly cut hedge or topiary is the envy of the village.
Whether you’re looking for a hedge trimmer to keep a small garden, a quiet gardening tool, or one with an extension pole, you’ll find a trimmer to suit your needs in our list of the best cordless trimmers.
Best Cordless Hedge Trimmers On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best cordless hedge trimmer is the Cordless Hedge Cutter with 12 V Battery By Bosch. We gave it the best 5/5 star rating.
The Bosch EasyHedgeCut Cordless Trimmer is an ideal lightweight tool to get if you want to get the best result. It is known as one of the best cordless hedge trimmers in the market right now. It offers a battery strength that is reliable and causes the trimmer to work effectively.
The long-lasting nature of the battery of this Bosch hedge trimmer is the primary reason among many others why many customers who make use of this hedge trimmer like it.
- It is a very compact, versatile, and lightweight Bosch pole hedge trimmer.
- Has an anti-blocking system that allows for smoothing and continuous cuts
- The Syneon chip helps to control energy for every task
- The ergonomic build allows for it to be very balanced and comfortable to use.
- The time it takes for charging the Bosch hedge trimmer makes it difficult to attain full battery always.
The second best place goes to the Cordless 45 cm Hedge Clipper By BLACK+DECKER. We gave it the best possible 5/5 star rating.
When considering the best cordless hedge trimmer to go for, look no further than the BLACK DECKER Cordless Hedge Trimmer Lithium which is our number 2 pick on this rating of ours. With premium lightweight bulid and high-level interchangeability, it is one cordless hedge cutter to consider.
The reason why gardeners like this lightweight hedge trimmer among wide range of garden cordless hedge trimmers is its relatively attractive price. Coming at an affordable price to quality ratio, this is one of the modest cordless hedge trimmers in the market.
- This cordless cutter model is a very cheap hedge trimmer and one of the most competitive in the market.
- With the light battery weight inclusive, this is one of the best lightweight cordless hedge trimmers.
- With a manual guide, this battery hedge cutter is very easy to use.
- This Black & Decker hedge trimmer is highly interchangeable with trimmers that use the same battery types and medium size.
- The running time of this cordless hedge trimmer model isn't great and can be improved on
Third place on this best cordless hedge trimmer review goes to the Wireless Hedge Trimmer with HedgeSweep By Ryobi. We gave it the best possible 5/5 star rating.
The Ryobi OHT1855R is on our list because of the wide range of attachments that come with this hedge trimmer model. First, it possesses the best rotating rear handle that allows for optimum hand comfort in a variety of cutting ways. Also, it has a looped front trigger that gives users great control while trimming.
The versatility and efficiency of this telescopic hedge trimmer model is the reason why many of its buyers like this particular product. The high performing nature of the trimmer tool has also contributed to its large market sale.
- The presence of a high torque allows for an excellent cutting performance
- Best for thicker branches and hedges because of the excellence of its blade guard and diamond material blades as well.
- Safety is assured as accidental blocking is prevented with the aid of its anti-jamming system
- The package is not as comprehensive, as the charger and battery are sold separately.
The fourth best place goes to the Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer By Makita. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
The Makita DUH523 is on our list because of the user-replaceable blade which offers a stain-free shear surface. We have also picked this long reach hedge trimmer because of its best anti-abrasion surface which allows for long-lasting coating. Do you want to cut or trim thicker branches and tall hedges comfortably and enjoy working without any stress of any kind? Then this particular edge trimmer model is specifically designed for you.
The battery warning lamp that this telescopic hedge trimmer comes with is the reason many users like it. This battery lamp helps to notify you when the battery of the machine is low and a possibility of it going off any time soon.
- Has five cushions anti-vibration structure that helps in absorbing vibration
- Powerful blade teeth come replaceable and are easy to remove and replace in the most comfortable way
- It includes a battery warning lamp that notifies you when the battery is about to go off.
- Doesn't come with battery and charger included meaning you will need some extra cash to get those.
Fifth place on this best cordless hedge trimmer review goes to the Cordless Anti-Jam Hedge Trimmer By BLACK+DECKER. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
Our next pick in this best hedge trimmer’s review is the BLACK & DECKER Anti Jam Trimmer, which is very lightweight, but still very robust both in build and in functionality. This hedge trimmer model among other things is very light, comfortable and safe to use.
Also, it has many innovative functions that are lacking in other telescopic hedge trimmer models. With a planned budget, this long reach hedge trimmer is certainly a product to get.
To arrive at the reason why users like this lightweight garden hedge trimmer, we had to read some telescopic hedge trimmer reviews to see what customers are saying. With much reason put forth as to why users like it, the primary goal has been the best unique adjustable bale handle build it comes with.
- Safe use is assured with the best anti-jam technology
- The adjustable bale handle is a premium feature that further enhances ease of use
- It has cordless convenience with some attachments that make it easy to tackle and move around if need be
- The price though almost equivalent to the quality is still very high, comparing to the other prices on the market.
Sixth place on the best cordless hedge trimmer review goes to the 18V Cordless Hedge Trimmer By DEWALT. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
When in search to combine power and premium build, we have brought you a cordless hedge trimmer with no competition as our next pick. This garden hedge trimmer is none other than the DEWALT DCM563PB XJ Cordless Hedge Trimmer. This heavy trimmer has the best options that make it very versatile, reliable and interchangeable as well.
The adjustable rotating handle among other advantages of the DEWALT DCM563PB XJ Cordless Hedge Trimmer is the reason why customers like it. This rotating handle makes this garden trimmer more versatile as it can manoeuvre the blade allowing for efficiently trimming.
- With a quick recharge time, you can use it longer than you will charge it, allowing you to save time
- It has a premium design that gives it all the balance and reach it needs to function effectively
- Due to its battery size, it is interchangeable with some power tools in the same line.
- The battery size and weight of this garden hedge trimmer makes it a bit heavy in weight, unlike it's light counterparts
- It is not so much of a budget-friendly hedge cutter as it is quite expensive.
Seventh place goes to the Cordless Hedge Trimmer By Bosch. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The Bosch brand is one that is known for the premium lightweight tools it has been offering over the years. There is a direct link between the product offered and the quality. The Bosch Cordless Lithium-Ion Battery Trimmer, is no exception. This lightweight blade trimmer model comes in a stylish design and has included all the functions needed to get the jobs done in the best way possible.
The cordless freedom this garden hedge trimmer offers to its users is the reason why everyone likes it. This is due to the presence of a Syneon Chip technology that has been installed in the trimmer to give you all the control you can need.
- The battery life is quite impressive and can last for as long as 120 minutes when fully charged, allowing you to save time.
- The Bosch anti blocking system is installed, that enhances ease of use and efficiency as well.
- Disassembling this Bosch trimmer is very difficult which makes maintenance cost high.
Eighth place goes to the Electric Hedge Cutter By Bosch Home and Garden. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
Our next pick when it comes to the best hedge cutters for sale is the Bosch Electric Cutter. Among the many electric hedge cutters, this is one of the best telescopic cordless hedge trimmers.
It also doubles as one of the best models of electric lightweight hedge trimmers with a powerful motor of about 420W. Due to its light compact size, this hedge trimmer will work best if used for a small-size area, and it doesn't make a lot of noise.
Everyone wants a reliable, powerful tool that can always get the cutting done in the most effective way possible especially when it has to do with trimmer models. Reading from the many reviews and ratings of customers who have experience with this light electric trimmer, the powerful motor it possesses is the reason why users like it.
- Excellently designed to be comfortable and very lightweight
- Has a soft grip handle that makes it very comfortable for your hand while trimming.
- The precision of cut is enhanced with the presence of powerful diamond blades
- Includes a protective edge that can be used in shielding it when not in use.
- This cordless Bosch hedge trimmer has high maintenance and requires lots of costs to do so.
Ninth place goes to the Cordless Shrub Shear By ROBERT BOSCH LIMITED. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
When you think of the most compact and the best lightweight cordless hedge trimmer out there in the market, then we are talking about none other than the Bosch Cordless Trimmer. The high selling point of this cordless trimmer has been its integrated Lithium-ion battery which offers much power in voltage and motor.
Also, this hedge trimmer is easy to manoeuvre giving you access to closed areas. You will have complete control as you cut or trim thicker branches so that you can get the cutting job done correctly.
Users know that the larger the hedge trimmer gets, the more difficult it will be for you to make cuts with precision. This is why many customers choose this hedge trimmer because it is very lightweight thus suitable for smooth operation and easier manoeuvrability anytime.
- Excellent build, amazing functions and high performance.
- Impressive cutting range and the inclusion of a battery indicator gives users control over the machine
- It is not just easy to use, but also very easy and quick to charge at the same time.
- Might not be the best option when you have to cut large areas or tackle thicker branches and tall hedges.
Tenth place goes to the Cordless 20 V Li Hedge Trimmer By Flymo. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
This pick on the cordless hedge trimmer list is the Flymo EasiCut Cordless Battery Trimmer. As a battery trimmer, this is not only the best budget cordless battery-powered hedge trimmer but also a high performing one. With firm handles, this powerful tool is very much easy to use, unlike its counterparts. It also comes in many designs so that you can make a choice.
The safety of using this electric bushes trimmer is one of the best reasons why users like it. When you consider its power and a few other functions that fall short in the face of other hedge trimmer models, you will know why users value its safety. It is a two-handed machine which makes it suitable for you to operate with two hands, thereby enhancing comfortability.
- Has easy to use options and specifications while trimming
- Presence of transparent guard makes it safer to use.
- The extend reach handles allows you to cover tall hedges and higher branches without the need for a ladder.
- The power of this trimmer tool is not the best compared to others on the list.
A Guide To Cordless Hedge Trimmers
You probably have that one neighbor or friend whose lawn is always neat and perfect. Well, it doesn’t happen without effort. They most likely have quality tools such as a long reach hedge trimmer, garden shears, a garden shredder, a garden vacuum, and a garden incinerator to get rid of the waste.
With a cordless hedge trimmer, you are on the right path to achieving the perfect lawn. It has no wire extensions that often limit movement. We will guide you on choosing the best cordless hedge trimmer in the UK.
Check the Power
The power strength of the cordless hedge trimmer you are going for is a very important factor to consider when buying one. This is because the strength of the machine is highly dependant on the quality of its power and this is typical of all battery-operated hedges trimmers. In choosing the best battery hedges trimmer with good battery capacity, there are some factors to take into consideration.
The Voltage of the Battery
Generally speaking, all battery cordless hedge trimmers as you will see in different battery hedges trimmers reviews come with different battery types and sizes. The power of these batteries differ by their voltage as we have some coming in 20V, others in 40V and 80V respectively.
By taking note of the Battery power voltage of the hedge trimmer you want to purchase, you will be able to determine the force of each cut. It will also help you to have an idea as to how long you will be able to use the machine after every charging. While high voltage batteries offer much power to users, it is always vital to consider how heavy in weight the battery makes the cordless garden trimmer become.
The Blade's Stroke Per Minute
Most, if not all hedges trimmers have two-layer blades that work one on top of the other. The stroke per minute of the blade determines the speed or how well the blade of the hedges trimmer can go back and forth. The motor power of the machine, as well as the blade tooth spacing, are what optimise the stroke per minute of the machine. So when opting for a cordless hedges cutter, make sure it has a very high stroke per minute ratio as this shows how powerful the motor is.
The Nature of the Battery - Lithium Ion or Ni-Cad
With older cordless hedges trimmers coming more with the Ni-Cad batteries, this is not so in more recent times. There's been a drastic shift from Ni-Cad batteries to Lithium-Ion batteries. This is because the Lithium-Ion batteries are better in storing power than the Ni-Cad batteries. Also, these batteries when fully charged can hold on to that charge for a very long while. However, even though Ni-Cad powered hedges trimmers are gradually making their way out of the market, you might want to get them for a reason
Pay Attention to the Blades
The cutting blades of the cordless hedges trimmer you look to purchase are as important as the power of the machine itself. This is because the ease and effectiveness of cuts you will be making with the hedges trimmer are largely determined by the strength of the cutting blade. So the question is 'how do I go for the best blade head when choosing a cordless hedges trimmer. To make this simple, let us quickly run through some of the factors to look into when choosing the blade head.
The Blade's Cut Capacity or Tooth Gap
While in some cordless hedge trimmer reviews, you will find these two being explained under two different headings, they both mean the same thing in a more technical sense. To more clear, the blade teeth capacity of a professional hedge trimmer model refers to the maximum diameter per brace the machine can work for. Cordless hedges cutters with a low battery might have the teeth of their blade stunted as much as those that are poorly designed.
The Length of the Blade
Generally, all hedges trimmers particularly the private ones, have their blade lengths fall between 22 inches to 26 inches. When choosing a blade head, it is recommended that you consider the length of the cutting blade as it helps you know how much reach and control you can have on the blade. As a beginner who is yet to master the cordless hedges trimmer, it is best that you go for machines with a shorter cutting blade as they often come as lightweight hedges trimmers.
The Reach of the Hedge Trimmer
The better the reach of the hedges trimmer, the faster you can get the cutting job done. It brings more discomfort when you always have to seek the aid of a ladder to get the cutting done. With many long reach hedges trimmers and telescopic hedges trimmers made available in the market, you can purchase any because they are impressive.
Understanding the jargons.
What are the different features?
There are two functions that customers find handy with the majority of these cordless models of hedges trimmers, and they are portability and ease of use.
Cordless Hedge Trimmer FAQs
Q: Why do I need to go for a cordless hedges trimmer with a transparent blade guard?
A: A transparent blade head guard helps to ensure safety while making use of the trimmer as you will be able to see through the machine.
Q: Where can I get find cordless hedge trimmers to purchase?
A: With several online and offline stores offering a number of this cordless hedge trimmers for sale, Amazon remains the best place to get one from.
Garden Related Products You May Be Interested In