10 Best Cool Box Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
Nothing dampens your mood faster than a lukewarm drink in the middle of a hot day. If you’re planning a day at the beach, fishing, hiking or road ripping, do everyone a favour and carry a cool box.
From collapsible designs for two to large family size units, we’ve complied the best cool box list that will help you keep everyone chilled.
Best Cool Boxes On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best cool box you can get is the 91 Litre Xtreme Cooler By Coleman. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
The Coleman cooler has a premium sturdy design such that the insulation technology used enables high ice retention for longer cooling time. These cooler boxes are ideal for long-distance travelling, used as camping fridges and other sports activities like hiking. The inner and outer dimensions of this particular cooler box are 92cm x 42cm x 44cm and 79cm x 33cm x 29cm respectively. The size makes it effortless to carry.
The electric cool box weighs 7.4kg when empty and it may hold up to 91 litres. The lid of this electric coolbox is levelled and strong in a way that you may sit on it while travelling when there’s little or no space in the car making it the ideal cool box for car. The box sits upright when placed in the car. It has 4 additional beverage holders.
- This car electric cool box features high ice retention with nice design
- Does not use a battery, so you save some money there
- The size makes this electric car unit effortless to carry as it keeps the content cool for days.
- Best supply gear for hiking and camping
- BPA-free therefore safe to store food and drinks for longer periods
- Cooling time is boosted with an ice pack that you purchase separately.
- This car unit requires ice blocks that are frequently frozen to operate. Users may find it difficult to use
Second best cool box you should get is the 66 Litre Cool Box By Coleman brand. We gave this one a 5/5 star rating. You can see the price and details on the link below.
Just like the Coleman Xtreme 100 QT, this Coleman Xtreme 70QT has a high-tech insulation design that enables the contents to stay cool on ice packs for days. The insulation fitted on the lid and the inner wall has extra insulation for you to enjoy impressive performance.
HDPE is the insulation material used on these camping cool boxes. The inner dimensions are 61cm x 30cm x 33cm while the outer are 71cm x 40cm x 44cm. The coolboxes walls are BPA-free which means that it is safe to carry and store food, fruits, and bottles of drinks. When empty, the Xtreme 70 QT weighs a total of 6.1 kilograms. The size makes these coolers effortless to move around campsite or tent.
For easier movement, the cooler is fitted with very strong handles that aid in achieving this. You may move the coolbox to camps sites and long camping trips to use for they provide the best results. Although, it is a bit small compared to others.
- This great product features many days of ice retention
- It is effortless to move around thanks to the size.
- Using these BPA free things to cool food and any drink is effortless
- It is a bit smaller freezer, do not choose this one if you plan family day trips.
Third best cool box you can get is the Luxury Lightweight Cool Bag By Greenfield collection. We gave this one a 5/5 star rating.
The Greenfield collection luxury cool bag is not at all different from the family green collection cool bag above. The only difference comes in size. It weighs 1000g and has 35.6 x 25.4 25.4 cm dimensions.
The fabric is the great material used making the bag. It keeps drinks and food cold or warm for 5-7 hours. You may even easily move around this perfect 12V cool bag by the use of adjustable shoulder straps available on the item. It really is something different.
- Keeps drinks and food cool or warm for 5-7 hours
- The perfect size is going to make sure it is effortless to move around.
- This unit suits all your cooling needs
- This unit is effortless to use of every time, which reviews find great
- Only back draw is that people find it small. We think it might not be the right one for the whole family
Fourth best unit you can get is the Cool Box WIth Handles By Coleman. We gave this top big choice a 4.5/5 star rating. Feel free to review the price and details on the Amazon site link below.
This big type of Coleman cooler box has a unique plastic material design. The lid is well insulated with exceptional environment-friendly foam as well as the one on the walls of the box to provide a longer effect for days (keeps the drinks cool for up to 5 days). The big Coleman 70qt has a large capacity that holds back 66 litres and may fit 98 cans each 500ml. The perfect size makes it easy to move around keeping your back in check all year round. The size also enables it to have plenty of space inside to keep whatever you want.
The top has hinges and has four beverage holders. The great camping coolbox may be used as a chair or table when you go outdoors or to a picnic with your family. It is a good camping cooler box to have. The sides are even fitted with two holders that enable easier lifting and carrying. When empty, the Coleman Xtreme weighs around 12lbs.
- Has longer cool days to keep your food and drinks cooled
- The great size makes it easy enough to carry it around.
- Has a leak-resistant channel drain for easy water draining
- Easy to use family cool box so your drink bottles stay cool enough for long time
- Has great handles for much more mobility options
- This popular unit may be used as a seat and a table
- It gets heavy to lift with the contents inside and the absence of wheels makes it impossible to lift alone
- The lid does not have a gasket to prevent warm or hot air from entering and interfering with inside temperatures
- People may find it costly
Fifth best unit you can get is the Insulated Cool Box By Igloo. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating. Have a look at the price and details on the Amazon website links below.
The Igloo Maxcold 70 Coolbox has the ultratherm wall and lid insulation that enables long ice retention and keeps the drinks cold for about 5 days at 32 degrees Celsius ambient temperature, regardless of how hot it is outside. This is a small cooler that weighs around 4.9 kilograms when empty. It is best known to be a car or camping cool box for it takes up less space. Its dimensions are 74.9cm x 40.3cm x 41.9cm and have a capacity of 66 litres.
The Igloo Maxcold 70 has a threaded drain plug that opens and closes easily. The plug is responsible for the draining of excess water in the cooler box. This cooler box has holders on the side that makes it easier to move around. The holders may be rotated close to 180 degrees and are reinforced to last longer.
- You could enjoy high cooling performance to keep food and drinks cold for as long as you want
- Long ice retention - keeps the contents cold enough for about 5 days
- The great size makes this car unit effortless to carry.
- This great car unit has handles for easier movement
- This camping cool box is light to move around when empty
- It is a small cold car unit, not large enough to fit food and drinks for a family
- Some users may find the build to be fragile
- There are no wheels which some people may need on their camping trips
Sixth best unit you can get is the 33L Portable Cooler By Dometic. We gave one of the coolest cool boxes a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to review the price range and details on the links below.
The RC1600 Combicool is a camping cool box that uses gas and is a 12V cooler box with 230V of AV power. It weighs 16 kilograms on its own. Its dimensions are 443 x 500 x 444 millimeters. It has an inner capacity of about 31 litres meaning it is a small cooler that can only fit two 2-litre water bottles standing perfectly and can leave a small space for your small food container. The size and weight make this unit effortless to carry. This high quality unit features good performance for many outdoors day trips.
This perfect quality 12V cooler comes with a three-way absorption feature that makes it most suitable for camping and travelling. You can power it by electricity when you are close to a mains power source but when you are away from the mains power source, a gas cylinder works best with this model of cooler box. It produces no noise when operating. The box cools at 30 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature every day which is a great performance.
READ NEXT: Top rated capsule coffee machine reviews
- This car unit is a portable food and drink cold box
- The great size and weight make it effortless to carry while keeping your drinks cool.
- Keeps contents cold enough for days
- This great gas/electric camping cool box works silently every day
- Can be powered with either gas or electricity
- May be dangerous to use the gas powered cooler in a less ventilated area, like in motor vehicles or boats or even inside the camping tents.
Seventh best unit you need to buy is the 33L Cool Box By Coleman. We gave one of the most perfect cool boxes a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to take a look at the prices and details on the links below.
The Coleman cooler means the box is made for use in marine conditions under direct sun. So, durability and reliability need to be second nature. The outer shell is made from HDPE or high-density polyethene and is BPA free. There’s a UV reflecting colour additive. This unit features good performance for outdoors camping trips.
This camping cool box protects the box against yellow discolouration and crackling. The shell encloses the insulating PU foam. The box has a capacity of 33 litres, retains ice and keeps the contents cold for three days. The internal space is BPA free. So, it is safe to carry food, drinks or fruits. The box is built to last for a long time in the harshest of conditions any day.
READ NEXT: The best bagel slicer you can buy
- Large storage space to keep a lot of food and a couple of bottles cold
- Retains ice and keeps the contents cold for 3 days
- This camping cool box features good cooling capacity while keeping the drinks cold enough
- This well made unit features good cooling performance for the contents
- People may find that problems are reliability and limited lifetime
Eighth place goes to the new Unisex Xtreme Cool Box By Igloo. We gave one of the coolest cool boxes today a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to view the price and details on the link below.
This is one of the igloo Maxcold coolers series that is ranked among the best in electric cool box reviews. Fitted with an ultratherm (1.5” thick) insulation, this cooler performs efficiently in ice retention. The cool riser technology is responsible for the best performance - it will keep the contents cold for up to 5 days.
It cools at 32 degrees Celsius outdoors temperature. The popular electric cool box features a latch that enables tight closure of the lid. It also has a hatch lid that allows quick access of the items in the cooler fridge. The regular threaded drain plug is fitted on the lower side of this igloo Maxcold which enables draining. This is a large cooler that may hold up to 95 litres, which is much more than a regular cooler. It is the best cooler for domestic and outdoor use.
- This great electric cool box is big and high quality
- These coolers feature good performance for outdoors camping trips
- Best camping cold box that will keep the contents cold
- Longer ice retention - keeps food and bottles of drink cold for days
- Users may find this electric cool box pricey
Ninth best cooling device you can get is the Electric Cool Box By Vivo. We gave this one a 4/5 star rating. You may take a look at the price and much more details on the Amazon page links below.
This Vivo electric cooler is the ideal cooler and heater for use at home or in your car. It helps you on your weekend road trips, summer picnics, or camping adventures. It will keep the content cool or warm. This camping cool box has a thermoelectric system that cools to up to -15°C below room temperature. The heat mode works to approximately 50°C.
Besides, this camping cool box has a 26Litre capacity and will take a 1.5Litre bottle while in an upright position. This is a 12V DC / 240V AC power device with a low 4.5 Amps power consumption. It comes with UK Home socket leads and a cigarette lighter included. You may conveniently charge it in mains power source or a car charger. One reivew said that it can keep contents cold for 10 days - they used it on a boat with cold beer/wine everyday for 10 days.
Plus, this camping cooler comes with a handle that makes portability easy for your every need. The handle also locks the lid into place so that you may get the best result after you fill it with lunch and beverages. It ensures that the box with lighter is much better sealed and the content remains uncontaminated by external factors.
- This car unit is easy to operate for longer time to keep food and drinks cool.
- This car unit has a 26 Litre capacity that is higher than most models.
- This unit features good performance for many outdoors day trips
- It also has a cigarette lighter with nice power included
- You can charge it in mains power source or a car charger
- Keeps your drinks cool for 10 days comes with a handle
- The great car device is quiet - exactly what you need while camping.
- These cool boxes have no thermostat and will, therefore, run permanently.
- The package does not add a set of instructions. It may give first-time users a hard time.
Tenth best unit you need to buy is the Budget Cool Box By Thermos. We gave this choice a 4/5 star rating.
The thermos cooler is a box container that has insulated inner walls to initiate the cooling process. The material used for insulation is polystyrene. The use of freeze board and ice packs improve the performance of the camping cool box and keep your food cool at all times. This unit features good performance for many outdoors day trips.
It weighs 1500 grams making it a much lighter cooler box that is easy to move around wherever you need. The Thermos cooler has external dimensions of 43 x 30 x 45 centimetres and its internal measures 33 x 20 x 43 centimetres. It has a capacity of 32 litres. It also is the best plug for a cool box that may be used on a daily basis.
- It is light and will suit your every cooling need
- This useful unit features good performance for many outdoors day trips
- This great camping cool box is affordable
- Will keep your food and bottles of drinks cool for up to 8 hours
- Can be used in a domestic setting
- The lid is dependable on the handle for sealing
- Requires external help in order to achieve high performance
A Guide To Cool Boxes
For the cold days, a soup maker will be your favourite friend. A thermos flask and sandwich toaster can also come in handy. For warmer days, get a yoghurt maker and blender. You also cannot afford not to have a cool box. It allows you to have your favourite homemade yoghurt or fresh juice while on the go.
You need to purchase the best cool box that will give you value for your money, and we will show you how to make your choice.
Factors to consider when buying a cool box
Firstly, the cost of an item plays a big role when you need the item. Some of the products fit perfectly in your budgets like the Greenfield collection 15-litre luxury lightweight cool bag and the thermos cool box. Others like 10T Fridgo 100, are very expensive.
Secondly, the capacity of the cool box you search for should really be a key factor. When you have a larger group and want to go out camping, a cooler that has a large capacity is ideal in such situations. However, in the case where you are a sole user, the small passive cooler might still be okay.
How you may move the camping cool box around is really important. Most people would want to know if the cooler has wheels or an easy to access handle for easier carrying and movement. Most of these electric cool boxes operate silently. I believe no one would want to have a cooler electric that is noisy when in operation.
Cool Boxes FAQs
Q: How safe is it to use a gas powered cool box?
A: A gas powered cooler is safe to use in an area that has good ventilation like outside the camps. When inside the camps and in moving vehicle, it may pose danger to the surrounding. The most recommended cooler is electric camping fridge that has less negative effects on the surrounding.
Q: Do all the coolboxes have wheels?
A: No. not all the cool boxes have wheels for mobility, but some of them are wheeled. There are specific brands that apply the use of wheels and others have handles that enables easier movement.