10 Best Combination Microwave Reviews UK 2020 - Top Rated Models Compared
Kitchen space is at a premium these days, especially when there are so many different appliances and gadgets. That being said, we would always recommend making room for a combination microwave due to its versatility.
We have picked out all the best combination microwaves on the market and reviewed them to help ensure you buy the right one for your needs. Have a read of our in-depth reviews further down the page. Or if you are in a hurry you can use the comparison chart below.
Best Combination Microwaves On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best combi microwave is the Family Size Combination Microwave Oven By Panasonic. We gave this selection a 5/5 star rating.
The Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ combi microwave oven is a 1000W combi oven with 27 litres of cooking capacity. It features the best technology among microwaves that ensures optimum energy consumption thus preventing overheating and retaining the natural flavour of evenly and thoroughly cooked food.
This Panasonic combi oven satisfies our criteria for the most energy-efficient oven for its size for two reasons. The first one is the inverter technology that ensures continuous control of energy delivery. Secondly, this combi microwave features the energy save option which uses only 0.1W in the standby mode. The grill settings deliver up to 1300W thus facilitating rapid cooking.
Despite having only 27 litres of cooking capacity, the Panasonic NN-CF778SBPQ still has more room for you to fit delicious meals, roasts, and cakes thanks to the best inverter technology programmes. It is also worth noting that bottom part - the flatbed design technology allows you to fit a huge plate of up to 340mm diameter.
READ NEXT: The best sandwich toaster you can buy
- It is an energy efficient combi oven allowing you to save up to 50% of energy consumption compared to other microwaves
- The inverter technology programmes enhance the capacity of this combi oven by allowing you to fit larger plates
- Easy to clean with water and cloth, given the catalytic black lining
- Great power levels and cooking modes, enough to facilitate quick crisp food cooking
- One of the few best buy models on the market that will make your food taste and look amazing.
- Can be difficult to view the progress once the viewing window gets misty
- This ventilator type can be annoyingly noisy, don't buy it if you search for a quiet appliance
Second place among best microwaves goes to the Combination Microwave By Samsung. We gave one of the best combination microwaves a 4.5/5 star rating in our article.
The Samsung combination microwave is a strong contender for the best oven. It is an antibacterial ceramic enamel interior with the highest rust and scratch resistance. The best switchable turntable feature is something to talk about. The turntable can be switched on and off depending on your requirement. This combi microwave features a capacity of 28 litres.
A pretty handy factor for processing those huge dishes. Some of the Samsung features are Power Defrost, ECO mode, and Fermentation function. The Power Defrost option helps heat frozen foods in less cooking time. This combi microwave has a weight of 17.5kg.
Fermentation modes for microwaves allow you to prepare the best yoghurt and other fermentation products like bread. The ECO mode, as the name suggests, helps save energy by reducing the standby heating power output. Some other specs are including deodorization and reheat. The Samsung combis are feature-packed and have almost no issues.
- Reviews love how this Samsung combi microwave is intuitive to use and easy to clean
- Preset hot food settings to choose which ever you want
- This combi microwave features a capacity of 28 litres
- Good performance, great heating technology
- Deodourisation puts it in the company of the best microwaves available.
- Comes with three years of warranty
- Reviews don't like that short power cord can look limitating, which might be a problem.
Third best microwave is the Silver Combination Microwave By Panasonic. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The NN-CT585SBPQ Combination Microwave is a 1000W combination oven that features a food cooking capacity of 27 litres and a small compact body that makes it economical for smaller kitchens. Our tests revealed that it saves up to 20% more work-top space, which is the best compared to any other microwave in the market.
Apart from saving your work-top space, the Panasonic NN-CT585SBPQ Combination Microwave also provides you with plenty of food cooking space. This is because the oven’s ventilator is not positioned in the back so that there can be enough depth to fit plates even as large as 340mm.
This one, like most of the other Panasonic microwaves, offers the benefits of flexible and quick crisp food cooking. This is possible at the same time because the top ventilator distributes the heat output more efficiently resulting in more even and consistent results. It also features the best 21 preset auto menu for fast and easy cooking in your kitchen. This factor makes it possible to prepare a range of meals from frozen meat items to jacket potatoes and potato wedges. These models feature the technology and power that makes them stand out from other ones. All these features makes it look as one of the best microwaves available to buy.
- It is a small compact combi microwave that allows you to save work-top space in your kitchen
- The interior style is well designed to fit a large cooking plate and dishes
- It's heating is powerful enough to facilitate rapid cooking for the best results
- This combi microwave features a capacity of 27 litres
- The 21 preset auto menu makes it easy to use on a variety of foods
- Provides great value for the price
- Despite being easy to use, the attachment of cables with a plastic ring can be dangerous
Our fourth pick is the 30 litres Digital Combination Microwave By Russell Hobbs. We gave the fourth best combination microwave a 4.5/5 star rating.
This Combination Microwave is a 30-litre capacity microwave that features a modern design which combines microwave food cooking with grill power and convection hot air oven. This gives you the ability to cook even the portions of meals enough for both your relatives and friends.
It comes with prescribed recipes, and these add the classic cottage pie, goats and onion tarts, ciabatta pizza and spiced apple pie. The RHM3003B Combination Microwave’s oven functionality is powered by a popular fan assisted oven that acts exactly the same way as a conventional oven giving you the option of an extra cooking facility with a glass turntable.
You will enjoy a relatively fast microwave cooking experience with the RHM3003B’s auto cook menus that make programming your microwave simple. It even has a 31.5cm wide removable glass turntable and an interior that is stainless steel for easy wiping. These models feature the technology and power that makes them stand out from other ones. Also, it comes with a weight/time defrost setting, a child safety lock, and a simple, functional control panel. The accessories that come with the package add a grill rack (wire shelf) and an enamel tray for baking. Our pick four really makes all kinds of difference with the technologies used.
- Many people find this oven with great capacity a best buy.
- Auto cook menu with a range of programmes
- Features a weight and time defrost setting
- A generous 30L capacity gets the job done for families
- Facilitates speedy food cooking for ideal results
- Comes with a wire rack (enamel shelf) and baking tray for cooking flexibility
- Comes with additional accessories including like glass turntable, to ensure you don’t lack what you need to work with a microwave
- Reviews don't like that these models might be a bit too bulky if you have limited room
- The noise can be discomforting for some users, which is not something you tend to want in a mircowave today
The fifth best microwave on our list is the 900 Watt Combination Microwave By Sharp. We gave it a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to check the prices and specifications on the Amazon website link below.
Enjoy large portions of grilled or baked meals with this 40L microwave that combines the functionalities of a microwave, grill and convection hot air oven. It is one of the easier to use thanks to the auto minute start option setting that delivers a quick touch microwaving power. In case you get stuck anywhere while operating this combi microwave, just press the info button and you will see step by step guides on the digital LED display to take you through the food cooking process.
What is more exciting is that this device comes with up to 11 excellent microwave settings that can be combined with 3 cooking stages. Other brilliant specs include the sensor cook that measures the humidity levels of the food during the cooking process, the auto defrost, reheating factor and the quartz oven grill.
The oven capacity is equipped with a double layer cooking possibility allowing large portions of food to be ready at once. These models feature the technology and power that makes them stand out from other ones. However, the price of these combination microwaves might be too much for some people.
- Has a large capacity compared to other brandmicrowaves, which is ideal even for family treats
- The silver finish with a stainless steel trim gives this microwave oven a stylish appearance that makes it ideal for any kitchen
- It has many microwave heating settings allowing you to prepare a variety of meals
- It has a mighty quartz oven grill that delivers healthy grilled crisp foods or ready meals rapidly
- Cleaning is easily done by wiping the door and inside down after each use
- The price is too much if you want a budget-friendly appliance
Our sixth pick is the Digital Combination Microwave with Grill And Convection By Russell Hobbs. We gave the sixth best combination microwave a 4/5 star rating.
The RHM3002 Combination Microwave Oven brings to your home 30l of the versatile oven not withholding any of the benefits and options of combination ovens at the same time. Among the things you could do with this model include grilling, baking, roasting, and baking as well as microwaving. This combi microwave features 30 litre capacity.
It is an ideal appliance with great capacity for a busy kitchen that handles dozens of cooking activities that require quick processes at the same time. The features of the RHM3002 Combination Microwave include a 1100W grill, a 2500W type true fan-assisted convection oven and a 900W microwave.
Also, it comes with five power and heat output levels, 10 quick touch cook options and controls, weight/time defrost and reheating settings and a child safety lock. This combination microwave with great capacity has a removable glass turntable and a tested stainless steel enamel interior that is easy to clean. It comes complete with an oven grill rack to brown and crisp your food.
- A lot of users consider this combination microwave with variable power levels a best buy.
- This combi microwave features a 30-litre capacity
- Offers multiple cooking functions as it can be used as a microwave, a grill or an oven. Plus, it can be used as a combo of the three functions
- A wide range of heating settings and variable power levels for perfect results
- This kitchen appliance is ideal to be around a busy family life
- This combination microwave is easy to use and clean
- User reviews show that it could be a bit too heavy for some users
Our seventh pick is the 900w Combination Microwave By Russell Hobbs. We gave the seventh best combination microwave a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to check the deals on price and information on the Amazon site links below.
Russell Hobbs microwave rings all the bells and whistles of a perfect family microwave. Featuring a modern sleek design, this combination microwave will not only complement your kitchen display but also heat food, cook food or reheat even large plates for all your family needs. It is encased in a white housing featuring a modern mirrored door finish.
The microwave features a capacity of 30 litres, and the combined aspect includes the convection, grill and microwave oven. This enables you to cook a wide range of meals in this unit to satisfy any type of demanding guests if you need to. You get to heat food, roast chicken and poultry in many ways, crisp and brown your meals with ease. Similar to a conventional oven, the fan-assisted convection oven model provides the option of an extra cooking facility so you are able to cook even for large groups of people.
This combination microwave with great capacity can cook quick meals fast and efficiently. This is aided with the auto cook quick touch crisp options and controls on the unit that allows you to enter the modes for your microwave simply. The functional control panel on this combination microwave including clock and digital timer enables you to set the cooking minutes, not having to check on the food every now and then. This unit features great capacity, price and technology to cook various foods.
Also on the settings, there is a weight and time defrost function and a child safety lock. You get to check every option on the unit as it comes complete with a grill rack and baking tray. This clever microwave even determines the exact heat level needed to cook the food. It sits on a 31.5cm glass removable turntable, and the inside is built of stainless steel which means cleaning is easily done.
- Features variable power levels and a modern mirrored door finish
- Speedy cooking gets the job done every time if you want quick bowl of soup or fish and chips
- Easy to access and use and has efficient wattage
- Many chefs have these items in their homes
- Features a weight and time defrost settings, steam cooking, browning, dough function that anyone who makes bread likes
- This combi microwave box features a capacity of 30 litres
- It sits on a surface of quality glass removable turntable, with the turntable diameter of 31.5cm
- Users find these products a bit too big to be used by one person
- No touchscreen
Our pick number eight is the Combination Microwave Oven with Grill By Daewoo. We gave the eighth best combination microwave a 4/5 star rating.
This combination microwave oven model is manufactured in a stylish design with a black finish giving it a top level of elegance ideal for every kitchen setup. This combination microwave has been well designed to cope with a range of cooking demands. This combination microwave features an automatically fan-assisted convection oven that works alongside the 1250W type quartz grill element and a 900W microwave and cooks food in the 28-litre capacity cavity. The best way to use this unit with great capacity and weight is by its programmes.
In addition to these functions, the KOC9Q3T model with great capacity also has a keep-warm function for leftovers and lasagne, one touch controls and cooking programs, kitchen timer function, a more/less feature, and a child lock. This item, featuring variable power levels is nothing but great.
- You will love the easy usage of this affordable microwave
- This convention oven features great cooking power settings and build quality
- Features variable power levels and plate warming function
- Timers are very useful for someone to adapt the duration and timings for a quick snack before bedtime
- Powerful enough if you need rapid cooking
- This combination microwave has a stylish and elegant design, with one touch cook option
- This combination microwave features a capacity of 28 litres
- It may be difficult to read the markings because they are black on a black background
- The minute minder alerts aspect is annoying
- Users think that the door is hard to clean after cooking.
Our ninth pick is the 27L Combination Microwave By Panasonic. We gave one of the best choices a 3.5/5 star rating.
The Panasonic NN-DS596BBPQ is a powerful 1000W type steam oven model that lets you enjoy fast and crisp fresh steamed food. This combi microwave features an original, very popular 4-in-1 combo of the best features and functionalities of a microwave, grill, convection oven, and steam that offer quicker, healthier and tastier cooking.
This means that whatever your meal, you can always get the best cooking results without compromising on the taste or health benefits whatsoever. The Panasonic NN-DS596BBPQ Steam Combi Oven model turns cooking fresh and healthy food into an incredibly simple process that you could actually enjoy doing. This combination microwave features a capacity of 27 litres.
The best features of this Panasonic brand combi oven combine the auto cooking programmes, the technology, and the turbocharged defrost detail settings. Also integrated are the Panacrunch for extra bite and a flatbed design for extra room. The auto cooking setting lets you experience even more straightforward cooking since the only thing you are required to do is set the weight of the food and press start. This option with great capacity features various functions, auto programs and cooking settings.
The rest will be taken care of by the Panasonic NN-DS596BBPQ Steam Settings Combi Oven. The inverter technology, on the other hand, delivers graduated power sequences thus cooks your, for example, basic jacket potato, sausages or chicken dish to be evenly and thoroughly done. Programming is, of course, easy - follow the user manual book with large sized instructions and you won't have an issue. Everything listed here makes these models stand out from others with its usability perfection, simplicity, efficiency and convenience.
READ NEXT: Top rated built-in oven reviews
- This combination microwave oven type is powerful thus allowing you to achieve rapid cooking for quick tasks
- This kitchen appliance is easy to use and has compact dimensions to fit on any work surface
- Features auto-cook programs and variable power levels that are anything but not useful
- Manufacturer offers warranty services for these combinations, so the buyer has no stress experience
- The technology ensures that chicken or any other food or ingredients is crispy, evenly and thoroughly cooked and smells amazing
- Great for pizzas, cup of hot chocolate and other beverages/drinks, melting butter and cheese, porridge, lamb, beef and other pieces of meat and goods.
- The flatbed detail further increases the capacity of 27 litres by 30%
- Also, users find the dropdown types of door to be an advantage for a lot of households
- People find the cooking time beeper alert too quiet
- The amount of money you will spend on this new microwave is not looking pocket-friendly.
Place number ten goes to the Freestanding Combination Microwave Oven By Samsung. We gave our tenth place a 3/5 star rating this time.
This Samsung MC28H5125AK is a regular size toned down version of MC28H5013AS/EU, which has an excellent reputation. So you will find some features and automatic programmes missing on this model like the change switchable turntable. There is no change with other features. This combi microwave features 28L internal volume and consumes 900 watts of power. There are about 33 preset cook programmes.
You can choose between six microwave heat output power levels such as the Auto Reheat/Cook features make for effortless cooking, or the ECO type mode takes care of your electricity bills. Then there’s the Smart Moisture sensor which ensures your food remains hydrated. In fact, the dial and buttons are ther in order to make every feature available readily. These products do have some bad sides, though.
- Everyone likes how easy to use these kitchen appliances are
- Great exterior look will improve the aesthetics of your kitchen in a sense
- A collection 33 preset cook programmes and temperatures at a press of a button
- This combi microwave features a capacity of 28 litres with good front width and height
- Efficient microwave that comes at an affordable price deal
- This Samsung microwave is feature-packed
- Lots of expert reviews don't like that these products can overheat and power off at 190 degree Celsius
A Guide To Combination Microwaves
Combination microwaves are efficient cooking appliances that do not just provide a wide range of cooking methods but save on space as well. They allow you to bake, grill, or roast at high speed. Like a halogen oven, portable induction hob or mini oven, they will take little space in your kitchen.
For larger cooking, built in ovens will be your best option. Cooker hoods will keep your kitchen habitable by extracting the smoke and grease from the air. You need proper guidance when purchasing your combination microwave, and we will provide it.
The Benefits of A Combination Microwave
Combination microwaves can be a piece of substantially expensive kitchen equipment to acquire for their size. There’s however no denying that the benefits that this piece of equipment has been unmatched. First of all, a combi microwave owner will say goodbye to restricted and limited food cooking options.
This is because, unlike the conventional standard traditional oven model, combi type microwaves allow you to bake, grill, roast and microwave your food let's say roast chicken, pasta, rice, vegetables and baked beans, red meat and basically any food type, at a substantially higher speed compared to the standalone microwave or standalone traditional oven, but with a higher cost.
Secondly, these microwaves have additional functions that you may not find in standard conventional microwaves. For instance, you can see the best features, like the automatic cook menu, and inverter technology, as well as a powerful automatically ventilator assisted microwaves in facilitating quick baking. Most combi type microwaves are also small, compact and well designed to complement your kitchen décor without using up a lot of your worktop space. However, if what you need is merely the essential food reheating or defrosting functions, then you can avoid spending money by purchasing a simple standalone microwave. These combi ovens use radio waves and microwave energy to prepare your dinner plates.
Safety Precautions And Tips
The normal combi microwaves are a piece of essential equipment at any time of the day as long as it is used accordingly. The safe use of combination microwaves is what ultimately guarantees healthier, crisper and tastier foods. Here are the tips that you should know as well as some advice. For starters, you are supposed to follow the manufacturers' instructions at all time consistently. Secondly, make sure that any containers you put in the oven cavity are microwave-safe.
Using metal pans or aluminium foil in microwaves may result in unevenly cooked dinner. It is recommended to use a range of glass, ceramic, and plastic containers that are labelled for microwave use. Another important tip is always to avoid using the combination microwaves when the door is open. Adhering to these and other precautions can help you avoid plenty of risks associated with the use of microwaves.
What to Consider
Before buying a microwave, there are specific pointers that you need to take into account. Here are some of the most critical factors that can help you make the right purchase when it comes to a combination oven. The first one is the heat output power rating. Make sure you know the micro, grill, and oven power rating before buying.
The higher the rating, the better the performance to expect. Secondly, you should consider the capacity. Bigger litre capacity is always better especially if you are a large family but again, if you are a small family, then a combi oven machine with low litre capacity is fine.
The money is also an essential consideration because combi microwaves can be really expensive. Make sure you buy the one that is within your budget.
The appearance of the combi oven machine can be a deciding factor for most of the buyers. You should select one whose design is appealing and can easily blend in with the rest of your kitchen décor.
Even though not very critical, the other specs that you can consider when buying a combi microwave are the steam food cooking function and the rotisserie feature.
Combination Microwaves FAQs
Q: Which One Should I Choose Between the Flatbed and Turntable Combination Microwave?
A: The flatbed design combo microwave ovens provide more room in the combination microwave cavity thus allowing you to put in extra-large size main plate and dishes. Designs with flatbeds can house bigger loads and have more audience because of the efectiveness. Turntables, on the other hand, can be limited on room although we have other microwaves that accommodate a large main plate and bowls that go as wide as 340mm.
Q: Between the Freestanding and Built-in Combination Microwaves, Which One Is Better?
A: Freestanding combo microwaves are often considered to be better microwaves than their built-n counterparts because they do not require any installation.