10 Best Cafetiere Reviews UK 2021- Top Rated Models Compared
Coffee grounds have their place in this world but certainly not in your cup. If you love a cup of strong and fresh coffee without coffee grounds swirling in your mouth, consider purchasing a cafetière.
The best cafetières are easy to use, sturdy, and come in impressive designs. Here’s our review of the top models and everything you need to know about them.
Table of Contents
Best Cafetieres On The UK Market Reviewed In 2021
The best cafetière on our list is the Cafetiere Coffee Maker By Utopia Kitchen. We gave this one a 5/5 star rating.
For your love of a cup of coffee or espresso to kick off your day, the Utopia Kitchen Coffee Making Device is what you need. This favourite French Press is capable of making four mugs, which is equivalent to 8 cups of coffee. It is a sleek device that has the capability of capturing coffee's essential oils as well as producing the finest coffee flavour.
This French press coffee maker is capable of making 1000ml of coffee in the shortest time. It has a triple filter system and a stainless steel plunger so that you can get the most satisfactory result. You will love its heat-resistant, durable borosilicate glass carafe beaker that will last for years. It sits in a plastic frame that makes it effortless to pour out your coffee.
Also, it has a plastic measuring spoon with a polished chrome outline that is a great fit for your kitchen. With a 30-day money back guarantee, you may not be able to get a better deal elsewhere.
- The French press coffee maker is dishwasher safe - so there's an even easier way of cleaning.
- Features top quality triple filter technology
- It's very sturdy and will provide you with value for your money.
- It has portable size, making it simple to carry to your office or when camping.
- The device is multipurpose. It can make tea.
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee
- The plastic frame can break.
- An auto shutoff feature for when your coffee is ready would be advantageous.
Second place in our article goes to the 8 Cup Coffee Maker By La Cafetière. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating.
If you eat food long time at breakfast, the Thermique French Press coffee making appliance is ideal for you. This is because it is made with a unique double insulated wall design that makes the beverages stay hot for a longer period of time.
You can share your daily coffee with friends slowly as you savour the moment when catching up. The french press coffee maker has a water capacity of one litre, serving 8 cups of coffee. It is 18/8 stainless steel and the lid has a great size and design which aids in closing in of the contents to retain great heat. The fineness of the metal filter will keep any gritty bit at bay and not let it in your favourite cup of coffee.
This 8 cup cafetiere has a cutting-edge design that gives it a beautiful nature that will fit in your kitchen equipment easily. It has a height of around 19cm when standing with its lid on. The handle has a 9.5cm height and the base covers a 14cm width. Also, when empty, the thermal cafetiere weighs 454g. Generally, this French press coffee machine has a sophisticated look that gives your kitchen a great silver display.
- This French press coffee machine has high heat retention to keep the coffee warm even if you leave it for longer
- This one may serve 8 cups of coffee at a time
- The fineness of the metal filter will keep any gritty bit at bay.
- This popular device is well designed and looks great in any kitchen
- Reviews like that it has great design and size make it a perfect gift
- Great way to make coffee if you're in a rush
- Many different reviews don't like that lacks an auto shutoff
- Users found out that it doesn't come with a scoop
Third best coffee maker you would want to get is the Borosilicate Glass Coffee Maker By Bodum. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price range and details on the page links below.
This Bodium Chambord machine is best used with coffee tasters and coffee-lovers all around the globe for a very long time and it still gives the same original bitter taste of the coffee. It is a widely known French press cafetiere.
The frame and lid of this model are made of stainless steel. During the production process, they pass through several plating processes to achieve durability as well as sparkling surface.
The outside is made of borosilicate glass which is known to exhibit very low coefficients of thermal expansion. Therefore, the body is thermal-shock resistant. This good French press coffee machine has 1-litre quantity meaning that it can serve up to 8 cups. The smooth aroma of coffee brewed from this French press coffee machine is very original. This is because it produces pure and simple coffee, no waste matter, the metal coating does not chip and there are usually no paper residues. You will like the reusable stainless steel filter that enables you to brew coffee without a problem.
This is what makes the coffee press unique for brewing better freshly ground coffee. The Bodum Chambord cafetiere weighs 662 grams when empty. The 8 cup glass cafetiere uses the French press system to brew the coffee. Put your coarsely ground coffee in the beaker, add 96 degrees water in portions and then wait for the brewing process that normally takes from 2 minutes to four minutes. Just like that, you have the most perfect you would ever want coffee ready in a few minutes.
- This glass French press coffee machine produces no waste at all
- Includes a reusable stainless steel filter
- Many different reviews like that it makes pure as well as simple coffee in no time
- This glass French press coffee machine features very affordable price
- The metal coating does not chip and there are usually no paper residues.
- Great way to make your favourite drink quick and easy - uses already ground coffee
- Many reviews don't like that the material used (glass) is breakable
Fourth best device to buy if you want to make coffee is the Double Wall Insulated 3 Cup Cafetière By Kitchencraft. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating.
This 3 Cup Cafetière has been proven to be at its best when it comes to elegance. It takes the shape of a jug and is made of stainless steel. This good coffee maker has a double insulated wall that makes the heat retention process excellent keeping your beverage warm for a couple of hours.
The coffee served from this steel cafetiere pot is similar to the cafeteria machine coffee. It can be used either in a domestic setting or commercial environments because of the fact that it does not crack or break.
This KitchenCraft Le'Xpress Cafetière weighs 540 grams when empty and has a 360ml quantity that serves three cups of delicious coffee that has deep flavours, thanks to the the metal coating does not chip and there are usually no paper residues. that is fitted in. The stainless steel cafetiere 3 cup has a comfortable handle that enables the easiest pouring of the cafetiere contents.
The handle is made in a way that it is not affected by the temperatures of the hot liquid so when you hold it in your hand, you don’t get burnt. You can clean this cafetiere stainless steel in a dishwasher without worry. Our advice is to not put the press pot directly on heat sources for it is not designed to take any external heat.
- Has a tough and practical design so as to be used domestically as well as commercially
- Has a comfortable handle that you will love
- Many reviews like that it is dishwasher safe
- This 3 cups maker is durable and may last very long
- Has well made filters that rarely need a replacement
- Perfect pour every time
- Will keep beverages hot for long time
- Many different users say it cannot be used on direct heat sources
- A user said that the filter is thin, cheaper and flimsy compared to those by Bodum
Fifth place goes to the French Press Coffee Maker By Bodum. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating. Feel free to take a look at the price range and see the details on the website links below.
The first thing that will catch your eye is the elegant design it portrays. This French press coffee machine is made of stainless steel and the walls are made double for great heat retention ability. The walls act as insulators that aid to retain this heat that will keep the coffee hot for at least two hours. As you know, most products made of stainless steel are meant to last longer.
The well located lid at the top of the Columbia coffee press provides safety action and prevents the coffee from spilling. The cafetière has great insulation as well as an easy to grip handle that you hold to pour out the coffee.
Inside this Columbia Bodum, there is silicone and mesh plunger that will keep the coffee press from scratches and aids in the filtering of the coffee completely to reduce the sediments settling in the coffee press. The reduced sediment makes cleaning of the coffee press an easy task.
You do not need rocket science to use this stainless steel cafetière, just add coarse coffee blend, fill the press with hot boiling water and stir. Close the lid. Your coffee will be ready in 4 minutes. Press the lid to pour out the contents into your cup. You can even serve up to 8 cups using this particular press. Also, this good French press device weighs around 871g when empty.
READ NEXT: Top rated kitchen bin reviews
- Many reviews like that this unit features long heat retention thanks to the insulation
- This Columbia Bodum comes with a silicone and mesh plunger
- Even the filter it comes with is sturdy
- This French press coffee machine features elegant design
- Works fast, you can make coffee in no time with this French press
- This unit comes as an 8 cup cafetiere
- This French press coffee machine is dishwasher safe
- Many different reviews don't like that it lacks automatic shutoff
Sixth best device to buy if you want to make coffee is the 350Ml Stainless Steel Coffee Maker By Cafe Ole. We gave this one a 4/5 star rating.
Café Ole is a Grunwerg product that makes one enjoy making their coffee. The Grunwerg range of products are associated with high quality standards and are very durable compared to the rest. This cafetiere coffee making device proudly shares these advantages making it a good option.
It is made of 18/10 stainless steel and has two walls, which is a lot better than traditional copper coffee machines. The double walls are well isolated to keep the hot beverage retain the heat for long hours. The outer wall is not affected by the high temperatures from the hot fluid inside making it safe to touch. Also, its handle is insulated such that when you hold it to pour the pot’s contents, it is cool.
This device has dimensions of 13.5 x 10 x 17.5 centimetres for compact storage. The pour spout can also be closed when you turn the lid to avoid heat loss from the freshly ground coffee being brewed. The café ole is even fitted with a tight-fitting plunger that makes the coffee drink free from the solid bean.
The whole cafetiere has a capacity of 350 ml and can serve 3 cups. It is best described as café ole 3 cups double walled bellied unit because of its appearance. Also, the body has a shiny mirror finish.
- Many reviews like that this top quality coffee machine is dishwasher safe
- The café ole comes with a tight-fitting plunger
- Easy to use, you can make coffee in no time
- This 3 cup cafetiere has ideal price
- The body has a shiny mirror finish.
- Reviews don't like that it is in a small cafetiere category (equivalent to 1 mug)
- Some reviews said that there was a bit of glue on mesh filter that can't be removed.
Seventh best device to buy if you want to make coffee is the Travel French Press Coffee Maker By Bodum. We gave this one a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to check the price and see the details on the Amazon website links below.
The Bodum Travel French coffee press is a stylish mini cafetiere that has a water capacity of 0.35l, 12 oz. This utilizes the French press method to make the perfect coffee for one individual. It is ideal for travelling with a base that has a non-skip rubber design that enables it to sit perfectly and not slip off. Also, this good French press coffee machine has an easy-to-grip design, thanks to the silicone band around it.
The popular coffee making machine has an easy to turn screw in the lid which enables stirring of the fluids. The cafetiere stainless steel weighs around 49.9 grams making it light to move around. Also, there is a filter to reduce sediment and a closable lid with a stopper for opening as well as enclosing of the fluid contents. Although it is a travel cafetiere, it should always be kept upright and even because the lid is not tight enough to avoid beverage spillage from the gap left on the pouring spout. There's also the problem of short pluge.
- Top quality one cup cafetiere
- This French press coffee maker is easy to clean
- Used on the go with a filter to reduce sediment
- It is a combined mug and coffee press
- The vacuum nature is responsible for keeping the coffee hot for about an hour no matter the change of the outside conditions
- This French press coffee maker is dishwasher safe
- Available in different modern colours
- Short plunge that can leave the drink trapped beneath the filter
- It leaks a bit when tilted or not placed upright
Eighth best buy unit is the Classic 3 Cup Stainless Steel Cafetière By Kitchencraft. We gave this best buy a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to take a look at the price and see the details on the links below.
KitchenCraft Le’xpress appears again and this time with different dimensions and style but the motive, to make the best coffee from this stainless steel 3 cup cafetiere. The classic design used for the construction makes it sit perfectly on a levelled surface. It also has a capacity of 350 ml to serve 3 cups with an ergonomic handle for greater convenience.
People love its top quality reusable fine filter that is responsible for extracting essential oils from the coffee beans for that improved coffee aroma you desire. The whole gadget weighs around 381 grams when empty and has 10.2 x 7.6 x 9.4 cm dimension. The outer body surface has a highly polished stainless steel finish that makes it attractive for your kitchen. This cafetiere set can also be disassembled to make cleaning easy.
- Well designed, quality made and sturdy
- This top quality device enables easy cleaning
- These popular cafetières are easy to use and to clean, and look good
- Dishwasher safe and has quality filter
- Great size and design for a coffee table
- Has an excellent pour spot
- Fluids don’t last long when hot
- Can’t be exposed to direct heat sources.
Ninth place goes to the Safety Lid Coffee Maker By Bodum. We gave this one a 4/5 star rating. Feel free to check the featured price and see the key details on the links below.
The Brazil French press coffee machine was made to make the coffee brewing easy and enjoyable with practically everyone across the globe. Using this glass cafetiere is the cheapest way to make coffee, you just need your coarsely ground coffee and hot water. Incorporating Bodum for it is known to produce aesthetic quality product makes the coffee press awesome.
The pot has a capacity of 1.0 L, 34oz making 8 cups in a single brew. When empty, the 8 cup cafetiere weighs around 540 grams. The body is made of heat resistant borosilicate glass and has a tested stainless steel 3-part mesh filter that enables you to brew the perfect coffee full of subtle flavours and aromatic essential oils you cannot get anywhere else.
The base has a big black Bodum brand name written on a plastic bottom that gives it a stylish look on the glass beaker. The whole cafetiere measures 11.8 x 15.3 x 23 cm when standing. The glass is BPA free and can be washed in the dishwasher safely. This glass model has a plastic handle that has a perfect grip. The handle is made of durable plastic material to prevent it from getting hot to touch with the increased temperatures from the fluid inside the pot. If you prefer to grind the coffee yourself, it can be even better.
- Easy to use and well designed, no need to grind coffee, just brew the pre ground one
- These french presses also look great
- The 3-part mesh filter extracts essential oils and acids from the coffee bean for improved flavors
- It is a large glass cafetiere and budget friendly, so you save money easily
- The glass may crack a bit or even break
Tenth best device to buy if you want to make coffee is the new Chrome 12 Cup Coffee Maker By La Cafetière brand. We gave this one a 4/5 star rating in our guide.
La Cafetière Classic falls in the large cafetiere category as it can hold 12 cups in one serving. It is a model that will keep receiving praise for its works. It is made of strong glass beaker that is resistant to heat. The glass is transparent to enable you to see the brewing process. These French presses also look amazing.
The fittings on the heavy duty stainless steel frame are either chrome or gold coated. It is fitted with a solidly built plunger and a stainless steel filter that can be reused to give your coffee the perfect flavour. A handle seats comfortably on the side that can ensure easy pouring out of the cafetiere contents.
This glass French press cafetiere is an ideal vessel for use in a large family or with friends when you meet to catch up in a single coffee making. This kind of press comes in two classic designs that you can choose from and has replacement parts in case of any damages.
That way you will not have to get rid of the whole press. Instead, you just repair the parts. La cafetiere weighs around 454g when empty and it is one of the best French presses you can find.
READ NEXT: The best thermos flask you can buy
- Classic design for a good price in order to enable you to have a good time in the morning
- This glass product also comes with a top quality plunger
- Grind the coffee yourself and brew it perfectly to suit everyone's taste with this glass device
- Transparent to make sure of easy viewing of the brewing process
- We find this large unit with great filters one of the best buy coffee makers
- The glass cafetiere may break easily because it has a glass beaker
- The glass lid may drip out a bit
Best Cafetieres Recap
- 1. Cafetiere Coffee Maker By Utopia Kitchen
- 2. Insulated 8 Cup Coffee Maker By La Cafetière
- 3. Borosilicate Glass Coffee Maker By Bodum
- 4. Double Wall Insulated 3-Cup Cafetière By Kitchencraft
- 5. French Press Coffee Maker By Bodum
- 6. 350Ml Stainless Steel Coffee Maker By Cafe Ole
- 7. Travel French Press Coffee Maker By Bodum
- 8. Classic 3-Cup Stainless Steel Cafetière By Kitchencraft
- 9. Safety Lid Coffee Maker By Bodum
- 10. Chrome 12 Cup Coffee Maker By La Cafetière
Cafetieres Buying Guide
To benefit from all the flavours and nutrients coffee beans have to offer, a cafetiere is what you need. Like a capsule coffee machine and bean to cup coffee machine, it will provide you with great coffee without the need to leave your house. And you can store it in your thermos flask.
Here is how you can go about choosing the best cafetiere in the market.
Benefits of having a cafetiere
There are several benefits that come with owning a Cafetière. First and foremost, you get to enjoy freshly brewed homemade coffee without the extra cost of having to fetch it from a coffee shop. This alone is a reason that is compelling enough to make you buy a Cafetière.
Secondly, a Cafetière uses a brewing system that will keep the essential oils intact during the brewing process. This means that your coffee will not only taste great but also it will have great nutritional value to your body.
Another benefit that you will have for having a Cafetière is the fact that it comes in a wide variety of sizes, designs, and variations. It can be used both at home and in the office. Therefore, depending on the size that you desire, a Cafetière can be one of the most portable options.
The Cafetière gives you great control over your coffee. You get to decide how long the water will fuse with the coffee, which means you pretty much control the final aroma of the coffee. With these benefits and many others, there is not a single reason why you should not have a Cafetière in your home or office.
Factors to consider when buying a cafetiere
Before buying a Cafetière, there are certain things that you need to put into consideration to avoid ending up with something that you did not want in the first place. The first factor is your needs. Ask yourself, are you getting it for personal or commercial needs? The first answer to this question will solve lots of puzzles regarding the size, features, and specifications of the perfect Cafetière for you. This guide will help you choose the right one for you.
Secondly, consider the cost of the Cafetière you are buying. The best coffee maker is not necessarily the most priced one. You can still get a perfectly good Cafetière with a small budget provided that you know your coffee-making needs.
Try as much as possible not to overstretch your budget. The type of material, water capacity and power rating are also other important considerations that you need to put into account when buying a Cafetière.
Benefits of having a cafetiere
Remember that your goal is to get the highest value for your money. You can achieve this by getting the Cafetière that is made of the best quality of material and the right water capacity with optimal power ratings.
Cafetieres Buying FAQs
Q: How will I service my Cafetière in the event of a breakdown?
A: Most Cafetières are quite easy to use and you can always follow the instruction manual that is included in the box (usually one tablespoon per cup). Also, getting the right quality and one that is easy to use can help you avoid the headache of having to think of a fix in case of a breakdown.
Q: How much will it cost me to repair or replace a part of my Cafetière?
A: The repair and replacement cost will mostly depend on the brand that you are using. There are both affordable and a bit expensive brands of coffee makers. Just be careful not to be ripped off by an unscrupulous serviceman. I’d recommend the service of an accredited reseller of the Cafetière brand that you are using.
Q: How easy is it to clean and maintain a Cafetière?
A: The Good news is, most of the Cafetières that you will find in your search are easy to clean and maintain and this is because their parts are dishwasher safe. However, if you come across one whose parts are not dishwasher safe, then cleaning and maintenance will not be that easy.
Additional Readings You May Like