10 Best Bean To Cup Coffee Machine Reviews UK 2020 - Top Models Compared
How would you like to prepare café-quality coffee in the comfort of your home? Many bean to cup coffee machines promise high-quality coffee but produce weak, cold and bad tasting drinks.
Because of this we didn’t want people to end up buying the wrong coffee machine anymore. So, we rounded up a list of the best bean to cup coffee machines to help you choose the right one to kickstart your morning.
Best Bean To Cup Coffee Machines On The UK Market Reviewed In 2020
The best bean to cup coffee machine you can find is the Platinum Bean To Cup Coffee Maker By Jura. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
JURA’s E6 is unarguably the best bean to cup machine on the market considering its featured innovations and the capabilities that let you drink your perfect coffee. It is indeed the only machine whose espresso brewing process is made perfect with the Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P) which works to optimize the extraction time and guarantee the best aroma in all coffee types.
With its stylish design, the E6 not only evokes a true passion for coffee but also it compliments any modern kitchen. Do not be duped into thinking that this coffee making machine is complicated in its use. Despite being a platinum class machine, the E6 is incredible. It boasts capabilities that let you enjoy the coffee-making process.
For instance, with a simple click of a button, you can easily make yourself a cup of cappuccino, espresso or latte macchiato with 7 specialities to choose from. The E6 makes all these without having to assist or move the cup. It also features the thermoblock heating system which efficiently prepares steam and water to create an ideal brewing condition for your milk and coffee specialities.
The E6 also has a detachable 1.9L water tank which includes the CLARIS smart water filter which purifies to improve its quality for a perfect cup of coffee. You will like that you can control the E6 wirelessly using the JURA Wireless which monitors the level of milk and displays a prompt on the colour screen whenever the machine runs out of milk. On top of that, the JURA Smart Connect lets you control the E6 from a smartphone or tablet.
READ NEXT: Top rated yogurt maker reviews
Key Features of the JURA E6 Automatic Coffee Maker
- Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.)
- 7 individually programmable specialties
- 3” color display
- Ingenious height-adjustable dual spout
- Integrated State-of-the-art milk frother technology
- It has one-touch operation and the user-friendly screen
- It is compatible with JURA smart connect which allows you to manage the machine wirelessly via the smartphone or tablet
- The grinder is twice as fast and less noisy than other brands and models on the market
- It has a removable water tank for effortless refilling and a great drip tray
- Some of the bean to cup machines reviews find the E6 to be way too pricey although they all agree that it gives you the value of your money
Second best unit you can buy is the Barista Express Temp Control Coffee Machine By Sage. We gave it a five star rating.
The Sage by Heston Blumenthal brand is a renowned manufacturer of household appliances that strives to find ways to deliver high quality healthy and delicious meals. This bean to espresso machine is one of Sage by Heston Blumenthal’s products that promise to create great tasting espresso by transforming coffee beans to espresso in less than a minute.
It allows you to grind the beans right before extraction. Its design boasts a combination of automatic and manual operations if you want authentic café style results in less time. The brand understands the essence of time and that is why this interchange is important during the extraction process. It is safe to say that the Sage by Heston Blumenthal Barista express is the best bean-to-cup maker for making espresso because of the short time it takes to perfectly grind the beans.
One of the features of the Barista express that makes it a great stainless steel machine for espresso coffee is the dose control. This feature prevents you from using too much coffee which would result in too much pressure hence a bitter taste. It also helps you to avoid using too little coffee that would result in less pressure and hence a sour taste.
The perfection of the flavour in the espresso made from the Sage by Heston Blumenthal barista express is attributed to the built-in grinder and the sage razor tool that helps to deliver a consistent grind. This kitchen appliance has a digital temperature control that helps to deliver water at the precise temperature thus ensuring the optimal espresso extraction.
Key Features of the Sage by Heston Blumenthal Bean to Cup Machine
- Dose Control
- Thermocoil heating system
- 18 integrated grind settings to choose from
- Digital temperature control (PID)
- It is a fast machine because the inbuilt grinder takes you from whole beans to espresso in under a minute
- It is an well made machine thanks to the auto hands-free dosing
- It has high-pressure steam wand and milk frother for barista quality milk texturing
- You will like its design and appearance that makes it look really good
- According to one bean-to-cup maker review, the Sage by Heston Blumenthal, especially the black version of the Barista express has issues. The main issue is the fact that the paintwork chips and flakes to reveal the substructure. This is annoying because it messes up its design.
Third place goes to the One Touch Bean To Cup Coffee Maker By De'Longhi. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The Eletta ECAM 44.660.B passed our test to qualify for one of the best bean-to-cup coffee machines. It allows you to make all your favourite coffee-shop drinks without spending too much cash or time. We all know how great freshly ground coffee is when used to brew coffee-based drinks.
Well, the taste is even greater with the ECAM 44.660.B thanks to its innovative features like the latte crema technology. Whether you like a strong espresso or long frothy cappuccinos, the ECAM 44.660.B is what you need to tantalize your taste buds. The ECAM 44.660.B is one of DeLonghi’s models with a large water and coffee beans’ capacity. Its coffee beans’ box has a capacity of 400g whereas the water container can hold up to 2 litres of water.
This makes the Eletta ECAM 44.660.B one of the largest top 10 coffee makers on the market. On top of that, it allows you to grind fresh beans and personalize your coffee with the two line digital display to achieve the strength and length you want. The well made milk carafe in the ECAM 44.660.B is detachable which means you can store it in your fridge until the next time you want it.
Key Features of the Eletta ECAM 44.660.B Coffee Maker Bean to Cup Machine
- Latte Crema technology
- Personalized strength and length
- Auto cleaning
- It is a multipurpose bean-to-cup maker that makes all the best options
- It automatically froths fresh milk with a milk carafe that is detachable
- It is easy to clean and maintain since it has an auto cleaning, rinsing and descaling function
- Has a large water tank and beans container
- No need for pods, it has a long life grinder with many different options you will like
- According to some reviews, the Eletta ECAM 44.660.B has a coffee sprout mechanism that could not be effective like the other auto beans to cup coffee makers.
- Since it is an all in one machine, it is difficult for the Eletta ECAM 44.660.B to be the best bean-to-cup maker in each of the individual coffee-based drinks.
Fourth best unit to buy is the 1 Touch Bean To Cup Maker. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The Magnifica ESAM 4200 is one of DeLonghi budget machines that will offer you real coffee-shop quality coffee from the comfort of your home. It works really well with coffee that is freshly ground, which is known to produce a great aroma that is second to none. This machine is going to deliver both strong espresso and long frothy cappuccino in the exact way that you like.
It is one of those well made coffee machines that are capable of making all kinds of coffee shop favourites because it grinds beans to different levels of coarseness. Therefore, you are able to customize the strength and length of coffee the way you want. Unlike most bean-to-cup machines for home, the Magnifica ESAM 4200 comes with a separate frothing nozzle for best milk drinks and can make two cups at once.
That should not get you to think that the Magnifica ESAM 4200 is hard to clean. On the contrary, the cleaning is really easy thanks to the simple 1-touch option. This unit also boasts what is known as the double delivery function, which lets you prepare two drinks with a single touch of a button, or prepare hot water if you want tea infusions.
- It can make all the coffee shop options including caffe lattes and latte macchiatos among others
- It allows you to make your coffee the way you want with the great panel
- You can buy these products at an affordable price range.
- It has everything you need, like a separate frothing nozzle if you want milk drinks
- Users find this unit less durable compared to other good coffee making machines
- Several user reviews find the current Magnifica ESAM 4200 bean-to-cup coffee maker less powerful than the original Magnifica.
Fifth place goes to the Home Coffee Maker By De'Longhi. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The ESAM2800 is unarguably one of the best bean-to-cup coffee machines that make home-brewed coffee taste just like the one form a coffee house. It will give you just the exact cup of coffee that you want to kick-start your day as it features some of the most innovative functions to speed up the brewing process.
Coming in an elegantly designed body, the ESAM2800 does not compromise on quality as is evidenced by the specifications that you get from it. As we all know, not all personal coffee makers work well with fresh beans. This is not the case with the ESAM2800 as it offers you the great taste and aroma that is completely similar to what you get from the professionally brewed coffee from the coffee house.
Some of the favourite drinks you can prepare with the ESAM2800 include espresso, long black and latte among others. The thermoblock, which is an advanced boiler system in the ESAM2800 allows you to get the perfect espresso at the perfect temperature. The steam wand, on the other hand, gives you the opportunity to create textured milk.
The lattes that you get from this option are exceptionally tasty thanks to the auto milk frother. Without a doubt, the ESAM2800 is designed to bring you advanced convenience in your coffee-making experience. This is made possible by the ESAM2800’s ease of use and effortless maintenance. Any feature you name, this unit has it, and it is simply worth the price.
Key Features of the ESAM2800
- High performance 15 bar pump pressure
- Detachable 1.8 liters water tank
- Built-in professional burr grinder with 7 adjustable coarseness settings
- Energy saving function
- Power supply switch for zero consumption
- The ESAM2800 has an accurate steam control thanks to the electronic steam and coffee thermostat
- It is easy to clean and maintain thanks to the removable brewing unit
- You can buy these great products at a very affordable price.
- Boasts a milk frother steam wand if you want textured milk
- The ESAM2800 is very easy to use thanks to the self-priming system and the auto shutoff function
- This coffee machine comes with an instant reheat function that heats the core of the machine
- The ESAM2800 may not be very durable as some users reported a breakdown after only a few uses
Sixth place goes to the Bean To Cup Machine By DeLonghi. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The Autentica ETAM 29.660. SB is DeLonghi’s high-flying bean to coffee machine that promises to make all your favourite coffee shop drinks with the simple touch of a button. That is actually true because based on the best bean-to-cup coffee machines reviews online, nothing else can beat the Autentica ETAM 29.660. SB in making great coffee drinks from freshly ground beans.
It is known to deliver the best-tasting strong shot of espresso and long frothy cappuccino in a very effortless manner thanks to the one-button operation. What is more, the Autentica ETAM 29.660. SB has an adjustable spout whose height can be adjusted for tall cups and glasses. There are very few machines out there that can comfortably grind fresh beans to the perfection you want.
Thankfully, the Autentica ETAM 29.660. SB does just that using the built-in burr grinder thus creating coffee shop quality coffee from the comfort of your home. You can make your coffee the way you want with the help of the two-line digital display to achieve your perfect temperature, strength and length.
On top of that, the Autentica ETAM 29.660. SB boasts the DeLonghi patented Latte Crema Technology which helps to create the perfect luxuriously smooth milk every time. As if that is not enough, this coffee bean-to-cup machine also has a removable milk carafe which helps to ease the process of making fresh milky coffee.
READ NEXT: The best cafetiere you can buy
Key Features of the De’Longhi Autentica ETAM 29.660. SB Bean to Cup Coffee Machine
- Fresh Beans grinding
- Latte Crema Technology
- Removable Milk Carafe
- Auto milk frother
- Exclusive Doppio plus feature and Recipe
- It has many different settings that help you make all the coffee shop choices
- It is easy and safe to use thanks to the soft touch control panel and the auto shut off feature
- Allows you to personalize strength, length, and temperature of your coffee
- These products are easy to clean and maintain and that's what people love
- Comes with an adjustable spout for tall cups and glasses
- The only notable complaint with the Autentica ETAM 29.660. SB is the cup holder, which according to one bean-to-cup machines review is way too small.
- The price may be quite expensive.
Seventh best option you can buy is the Automatic Cappuccino Maker By Melitta. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
When choosing a coffee machine that delivers the best cappuccino, you can never go wrong with the SOLO & Perfect Milk machine. This is because it is designed to give off a velvety crema that is ideal for a delicious macchiato with an airy topping of milk. The brand has been in operation since 1908 which means that it has enough experience to deliver whatever it is that it promises its customers.
The SOLO & Perfect Milk comes with a rich collection of pre set options that make it the best coffee maker. Apart from that, it comes with a companion app that has tips and tricks to help you get the best out of your coffee. Also, the companion app has a diagnostic tool that helps you to understand the functional status of your coffee machine.
The other great aspect of this premium model is the pre-brewing which works to moisten the freshly ground coffee before the actual brewing. You can also adjust the grinding degree and coffee strength in three stages to get your ideal taste.
You will find the SOLO & Perfect Milk to be very easy to clean and maintain and this is probably because it has a removable brewing unit. Cleaning the interior of the machine can be done by wiping with a damp cloth. The SOLO & Perfect Milk notifies you when it is the time to clean and descale the unit.
Key Features of the Melitta SOLO & Perfect Milk Coffee Machine
- Aroma-Extraction System
- Double cup mode
- Symbol display with red LEDs
- Melitta Companion App
- It is easy to clean and maintain because of the detachable brewing unit
- It has 3 different settings for adjusting the strength of the coffee thus enhancing its flavor
- Has an auto cleaning and descaling feature
- Height adjustable coffee outlet
- The only drawback of this machine is that it is only fairly durable, which is usually contrary to the expectations of many considering its high price tag.
Eighth option on our article is the Bean To Cup Cappuccino Maker By Melitta. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
This is another bean-to-cup coffee machine by Melitta that happens to be really good at making cappuccino. The SOLO & Perfect Milk E957-101 will also make you the best tasting latte macchiato that will leave you craving for more.
Furthermore, you do not want to spend a lot of effort trying to learn how to use this coffee machine because it is very easy to use. Its one-button operation function lets you navigate through all the complex operations in a single button press. You can also adjust the strength and length of your coffee to the way you want with 3 different settings.
All SOLO & Perfect Milk E957-101 coffee machines come with an assistive companion app that includes tips and tricks for you to apply in making delicious coffees. Other than the tips and tricks, the app also shows you the step-by-step maintenance tips and it shares information to help you in understanding the functional status of your machine.
The Melitta SOLO & Perfect Milk E957-101 also boasts the Aroma-Extraction-System (A.E.S.) that gives you the opportunity to experience maximum enjoyment from your coffee. Maintaining and cleaning this popular device is very easy and simple because the brewing unit is detachable. This model also has the Auto-Cappuccinatore, which helps to prepare warm milk, hot water, and natural light frothed milk.
Key Features of the Melitta SOLO & Perfect Milk E957-101 Bean to Cup Coffee Machine
- Melitta Companion App
- Symbol display with red LEDs
- 1.2 liters water tank
- Although not a conventional Americano maker, the Melitta SOLO & Perfect Milk E957-101 makes exceptional Americano.
- It is easy to use thanks to the simple and intuitive operations
- It has the auto cleaning and descaling which makes it easy to clean and maintain the Melitta SOLO & Perfect Milk E957-101 coffee machine
- It is a high-quality machine that boasts of German standards of compact design and noise reductions systems
- The coating on the outside chips and flakes to reveal the substructure thereby messing the design of the Melitta SOLO & Perfect Milk E957-101 after some time.
- The price is quite high for some people.
Ninth best device to buy is the Fully Automatic Coffee Machine By De'Longhi. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The ECAM22.110.SB is a latest bean-to-cup coffee machine that is designed with amazing features to give you the best-tasting coffee that you want to kick-start your day. Its finish is well crafted to blend in easily with the rest of your kitchen appliances and it doesn’t stop there.
This model is also engineered in a way that makes it the perfect machine to meet your brewing needs. For instance, it is full automatic, which means you do not have to do anything apart from selecting your preferences. It has a silent integrated grinder which comes with 13 settings so that you can customize your coffee to your personalized preferences.
Just like every other machine from De’Longhi we love, the ECAM22.110.SB is easy to use, clean and maintain. This means that you are going to enjoy extra convenience with this piece of engineering as well as the valley for your money. For instance, it has a simple rotation of the dial to let you either increase or decrease the intensity of the coffee. The burr grinder, on the other hand, has 13 settings that serve to create the coarseness that you require.
Key Features of the De’Longhi ECAM22.110.SB
- Integrated grinder with 13 settings
- Beans box with aroma saving cap
- Can be used with either fresh beans or with pre-ground coffee
- It is a fully automatic bean-to-cup coffee machine, which makes it one of the most convenient available today
- It is flexible since you can use it with either fresh beans or with pre-ground coffee
- It is a fairly silent coffee machine
- You can buy it on a deal for a fairly decent price
- Easy cleaning and use thanks to the detachable brewing unit that is dishwasher safe
- The manufacturers add a 2 year warranty
- Users find the size of this model to be a bit smaller. However, the compact size is a great space saver.
- Although described as effortless to use, some users find that the middle knob is very stiff and difficult to turn/control at times.
- The price might be too high for some people.
Tenth best option you can buy is the Bean To Cup Espresso Maker By Beko. We gave it a 3.5/5 star rating. Feel free to check the Amazon page to show price and details.
If you are looking for a home coffee machine that will give you coffee-shop quality coffee-based drinks, then the new CEG7425B by Beko is exactly what you want. It is designed with great features that allow you to get the best out of your coffee that is freshly ground. This model is also the most economical to buy from the ones reviewed that can get you coffee from bean to cup so that you can enjoy your coffee uninterrupted.
Make sure you use it for the right purpose to get the best results. This model comes with a built-in bean grinder that lets you effortlessly control the richness of your coffee in terms of strength, length, coarseness, and fineness. It also comes with a milk frother that draws milk from an external container to heat and froth it thus giving a perfect finish to your cappuccino. The best thing is, you can buy it at a much cheaper price than than other expert coffee producing tools.
The CEG7425B model makes bean-to-cup coffee taste even better even though it is not the best bean-to-cup coffee maker. Beko understands that some people just like to have the barista-style coffee made from their home and that is why it has designed the CEG7425B and perfected it to become one of the best bean-to-cup coffee machines with a low budget.
- This kitchen appliance has a milk frothing system that draws milk from an external container
- Budget friendly price makes these makers look amazing while they pack various options in a small unit
- It has the cup quantity selection feature that lets you specify the quantity of the coffee you can make and dispense to the cup
- It also allows you to adjust the settings to customize a number of aspects of your preferred coffee like the strength and its length.
- Some users find the CEG7425B to be difficult to use although this only happens for a short while.
Bean To Cup Coffee Machine Buying Guide
With so much going on, and so little time available, any second saved counts. Instant coffee making machines such as a cafetiere, capsule coffee machine, and a hot water dispenser will make coffee in the shortest time. A milk frother will be a great addition.
A bean to cup coffee machine will ensure you have fresh coffee at the press of a button. You can store your ready coffee in a thermos flask and have it on your office desk. We will provide a simple guide into picking the right model of bean to cup coffee machine.
The Benefits of Using Bean to Cup Filter Coffee Machines
There are many benefits that come with having and using a bean-to-cup coffee machine. The first one is related to the sleekness and simplicity of these machines.
A bean-to-cup espresso machine is easier to use when compared to traditional coffee machines. This is because they do all the work like grinding the fresh coffee beans and doing all the mixing provided you have selected all the necessary settings.
The sleek design of a bean-to-cup coffee machine is another benefit especially if you intend to use it at the workplace break room countertop.
The other benefit of having a bean-to-cup coffee machine is the long-term financial implication. Despite having a high upfront price than traditional coffee machines, coffee machines bean to cup are great cost cutting pieces of equipment. If you consider the amount of money you’d spend getting barista-made coffee every time, you will understand how financially smart it is to own your own.
Bean-to-cup coffee machines are known for their versatility. This is because they are compatible with both coffee beans and ground coffee. As such, you do not have to get stranded in case you run out of your beans and ground coffee is all you can get. Last but not least, bean-to-cup coffee machines promote environmental sustainability because they eliminate the need for paper filters and plastic cups.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Bean to Cup Coffee Machine
Bean-to-cup coffee machines make the best coffee you can ever taste. If you get the best one for your home or office, you will not regret the purchase. However, there are certain things that you need to look out for to ensure that you are getting the right one for your needs.
The first consideration is the type of bean-to-cup coffee machine. You need to remember that there are several types in the market and in order to get the best service, you should look for the right type. The different types are cappuccino machines, Americano coffee machines, caffe latte machines, and macchiato bean-to-cup coffee machines. There are also those that are an all-in-one bean-to-cup coffee machines which combine all the above types in one machine.
The other factor that you need to consider when buying a bean-to-cup coffee machine is its size. Bean-to-cup coffee machines come in different sizes and you have the privilege to select the one that best suits your needs. If you have space limitations in your establishment, it is advisable to get a sizeable bean-to-cup coffee machine that does not interfere with the arrangement in your house or office.
Also under the consideration of size, you need to check the machines coffee beans and water tank capacity. If you are getting a bean-to-cup coffee machine for large-scale use, it is always advisable to buy one with a large water and coffee beans capacity. The other considerations that are equally important when in search for a bean-to-cupcoffee machine are quality and price. These two are more often than not directly proportional to each other. This means that the higher the price the higher the quality and vice versa.
Safety is a primary consideration when handling equipment and bean-to-cup coffee machines are not an exception. Observing the safety precautions of a bean-to-cup coffee machine will not only guarantee you prolonged services but also it will ensure that you get the maximum benefits that come with this equipment. Some of the basic safety precautions that you need to observe when working with a bean-to-cup coffee machine include unplugging the machine from the mains when not in use to save electricity.
Also, you should not connect the machine to the mains with a broken cable because this would endanger the lives of those around you. Ensure to always observe the load balance of electric extensions that you use. These precautions will see to it that you get the most out of your bean-to-cup coffee machine.
Bean To Cup Coffee Machine Buying FAQs
Q: How does a bean-to-cup coffee machine differ from a traditional coffee maker?
A: A bean-to-cup coffee machine is an advanced version of a traditional coffee maker. It can be a combination of a wide range of different coffee machines like cappuccino machines, Americano machines, latte macchiato makers and many others. A traditional coffee maker can only work with ground coffee but a bean-to-cup coffee machine can work with both ground coffee and fresh coffee beans.
Q: What is the average cup size that can be used with a typical bean to cup machine?
A: A typical bean to cup machine does not have a fixed cup size. Most of them have a coffee sprout that can be adjusted to allow different cup sizes to be used.
Q: How is the water tank supplied to the Machine?
A: There are two ways in which water can be supplied to the bean-to-cup coffee machine. One of the ways is by plumbing the machine directly to a water tap and the other is by refilling a water tank. Most modern bean-to-cup coffee machines have an built-in water tank with a capacity ranging between 1.2 liters and 2.0 liters.
Additional Readings You May Like